27 Baltimore Kadarius Toney 

28 New Orleans Zaven Collins 

29 Green Bay Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah 

30 Buffalo Greg Newsome 

31 Kansas City  Eric Stokes 

32 Tampa Bay Levi Onwuzurike 

54 Payton Turner 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

I never do trades. Its impossible to predict .

I stopped doing mocks, because it seems 99% of mocks here involve a bogus trade, which no one can predict. It’s simply beefing your mock up and kinda cheap IMO.

On a side note, I think Ballard holds at 21 this year and doesn’t trade down. I’d actually bet money on it! 

Just now, MPStack said:

I stopped doing mocks, because it seems 99% of mocks here involve a bogus trade, which no one can predict. It’s simply beefing your mock up and kinda cheap IMO.

On a side note, I think Ballard holds at 21 this year and doesn’t trade down. I’d actually bet money on it! 

I'm hoping solid player falls to 21

10 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I've personally never felt the point of a mock to be making a prediction. It's just about fun scenarios and how you would like to see the team address the draft or offseason. Trying to seriously predict the draft is madness as it often falls apart by the mid teens at the latest. And I'm 50-50 on if we trade down. But for now I'd take that bet lol

7 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

I've personally never felt the point of a mock to be making a prediction. It's just about fun scenarios and how you would like to see the team address the draft or offseason. Trying to seriously predict the draft is madness as it often falls apart by the mid teens at the latest. And I'm 50-50 on if we trade down. But for now I'd take that bet lol

I'm fine Ballard trading back if it means getting 3rd back

43 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I have been in the "Ballard will trade down" camp since we made the Wentz deal.    Maybe longer.

But I still believe we're taking a LT in the first,  and I think there will not be multiple candidates worthy of a 1st round pick at pick 21.   Maybe one.   The others will go sooner.    So, if our guy is there,  I now think we stay put and draft our LT of the future.

I'm hoping it's Cosmi.

I now think we might trade back some from 54 before taking a DE with our next pick.   Perhaps we pick up a 4?

I don't see us collecting a 3 by trading back in the 1st.    If it does happen,  I think I'll be happy.   But I think it's a big gamble if there's one LT left,  and we trade back with the hope of him still being available when our pick comes around.   Don't think Ballard will do that.    Take your guy and figure out the rest from there.

That's my NEW story,  and I'm sticking to it.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I have been in the "Ballard will trade down" camp since we made the Wentz deal.    Maybe longer.

But I still believe we're taking a LT in the first,  and I think there will not be multiple candidates worthy of a 1st round pick.   Maybe one.   The others will go sooner.    So, if our guy is there,  I now think we stay put and draft our LT of the future.

I'm hoping it's Cosmi.

I now think we might trade back some from 54 before taking a DE with our next pick.   Perhaps he picks up a 4?

I don't see us collecting a 3 by trading back in the 1st.    If it does happen,  I think I'll be happy.   But I think it's a big gamble if there's one LT left,  and we trade back with the hope of him still being available when our pick comes around.   Don't think Ballard will do that.    Take your guy and figure out the rest from there.

I think we take Cosmi or Jenkins in 1st

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I think we take Cosmi or Jenkins in 1st

The more I read, I keep reading the same thing.  Jenkins is a RT or a guard,  but not a LT.  

32 starts at OT in college.  25 at RT, 7 at LT spread out over three years.   He never stuck at LT. 

I love the Colts pick, we need a good LT. Cosmi fits the bill. The Falcons will draft Smith IMO. it has the Falcons written all over it. A WR on that turf with Matt Ryan throwing him the ball. I doubt the Falcons take Lance because Ryan is still only 35, has 2 or 3 good years left and Ryan will start throughout his contract. It appears by what I have been reading that the 49ers are interested in Mac Jones so your 1st 3 picks are probably 100% correct. I can see Lance ending up in Carolina at #8 - they need a QB badly, that leaves Fields going to Denver at #9. Denver needs a QB, Lock isn't the answer. Albert Breer from SB Nation thinks Denver would take Fields if he is there.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love the Colts pick, we need a good LT. Cosmi fits the bill. The Falcons will draft Smith IMO. it has the Falcons written all over it. A WR on that turf with Matt Ryan throwing him the ball. I doubt the Falcons take Lance because Ryan is still only 35, has 2 or 3 good years left and Ryan will start throughout his contract. It appears by what I have been reading that the 49ers are interested in Mac Jones so your 1st 3 picks are probably 100% correct. I can see Lance ending up in Carolina at #8 - they need a QB badly, that leaves Fields going to Denver at #9. Denver needs a QB, Lock isn't the answer. Albert Breer from SB Nation thinks Denver would take Fields if he is there.

Trey Lance could sit behind Ryan 2 years then takeover

Broncos would have to trade up to get Fields 

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Trey Lance could sit behind Ryan 2 years then takeover

Broncos would have to trade up to get Fields 

I can't picture Lance sitting for 2 years, maybe 1 but 2 is a stretch. Denver could still get Fields at #9 if the Falcons don't take a QB, Cincy, Miami, and Detroit aren't taking one is why. Carolina will but Lance would be there at #8 if the Falcons don't take him.

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Question about team mocks:

1.   When you make a mock, are you trying to predict what your teams GM will do?

..............OR............

2.    What you would do if you were the GM?

I personally do #2

Lil of both 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't picture Lance sitting for 2 years, maybe 1 but 2 is a stretch. Denver could still get Fields at #9 if the Falcons don't take a QB, Cincy, Miami, and Detroit aren't taking one is why. Carolina will but Lance would be there at #8 if the Falcons don't take him.

Falcons need to secure their QB of the future now 

34 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Hes actually played both from what I have seen. He has more experience on RT.

I updated my post.   It has the RT/ LT split Breakdown.    25 starts at RT.   7 at LT.   That’s all over three years.   He could not stick at LT.   

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I updated my post.   It has the RT/ LT split Breakdown.    25 starts at RT.   7 at LT.   That’s all over three years.   He could not stick at LT.   

I don't love the idea but don't rule out Jenkins at RT and Smith at LT

I never do any of these Mock's because they are so unpredictable, fun but unpredictable but I will take a stab at the top 10 anyway and see how close I come:

1. Jags - Lawrence QB

2. Jets - Wilson QB

3. 49ers - Jones QB

4. Falcons - Smith WR, Matt Ryan is far from done JMO. He may play 3 or 4 more years

5. Bengals - Sewell LT

6. Dolphins - Paye DE

7. Lions - Chase WR

8. Panthers - either Lance or Fields QB

9. Broncos - either Lance or Fields - whoever is there QB

10. Cowboys - Patrick Surtain  CB

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never do any of these Mock's because they are so unpredictable, fun but unpredictable but I will take a stab at the top 10 anyway and see how close I come:

1. Jags - Lawrence QB

2. Jets - Wilson QB

3. 49ers - Jones QB

4. Falcons - Smith WR, Matt Ryan is far from done JMO. He may play 3 or 4 more years

5. Bengals - Sewell LT

6. Dolphins - Paye DE

7. Lions - Chase WR

8. Panthers - either Lance or Fields QB

9. Broncos - either Lance or Fields - whoever is there QB

10. Cowboys - Patrick Surtain  CB

Why would Falcons go WR when its a strength already 

If the Colts pass on both Jaycee Horn and Azeez Ojulari for Cosmi I will riot. 

Drafting for need always gets you in trouble when drafting. Horn and Ojulari are clearly better overall prospects in every ranking I’ve seen. And both would still solve big needs for Indy. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To give Matt Ryan another weapon, they have always liked explosive players on that turf and Smith would be great in that offense.

If they don't go QB they will take Paye cause their D sucks or Sewell to protect Ryan

No way they go WR 

If they don't go QB they will take Paye cause their D sucks or Sewell to protect Ryan

No way they go WR 

We will see who is right and wrong come draft day lol. I never do Mock's so if I am wrong no big deal, just a feeling I have about the Falcons here. Smith IMO is a can't miss pick at WR if there ever was one, JMO.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will see who is right and wrong come draft day lol. I never do Mock's so if I am wrong no big deal, just a feeling I have about the Falcons here. Smith IMO is a can't miss pick at WR if there ever was one, JMO.

Smith is pretty small but kinda reminds me of Marvin Harrison 

5 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Drafting for need always gets you in trouble when drafting. Horn and Ojulari are clearly better overall prospects in every ranking I’ve seen. And both would still solve big needs for Indy. 

Goodness gracious, Ojulari isn’t even a scheme fit for what we do.   He’s a 3-4 OLB.   Roughly 6-2/6-3 and 240.    He’s not a 4-3 DE. 

6 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

You will riot?

That's who he reminds of as well. He has great hands and speed. he is going to be great IMO.

Both Waddle Chase and him are gonna be 

Lady Gaga Compliment GIF

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Drafting Smith doesn’t fix any of their weaknesses 

Both Waddle Chase and him are gonna be 

Lady Gaga Compliment GIF

Drafting Smith doesn’t fix any of their weaknesses 

Yeah but the Falcons roll differently at times so we will see. I don't think there has ever been 4 QB's taken with the 1st 4 picks either so the odds are against that. If the Colts can get Cosmi at #21, I would love that. I hope he is there at #21.

Yeah but the Falcons roll differently at times so we will see. I don't think there has ever been 4 QB's taken with the 1st 4 picks either so the odds are against that. If the Colts can get Cosmi at #21, I would love that. I hope he is there at #21.

I think most of us would love Cosmi.

3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

1 Jacksonville Trevor Lawrence 

2 NY Jets Zach Wilson 

3 San Francisco Mac Jones 

4 Atlanta Trey Lance 

5 Cincinnati Penei Sewell 

6 Miami Kwity Paye 

7 Detroit JaMarr Chase 

8 Carolina Justin Fields 

9 Denver Micah Parsons 

10 Dallas Christian Darrisaw 

11 NY Giants DeVonta Smith 

12 Philadelphia Kyle Pitts 

13 LA Chargers Rashawn Slater 

14 Minnesota Jayson Oweh 

15 New England Christian Barmore 

16 Arizona Patrick Surtain 

17 Las Vegas Alijah Vera-Tucker 

18 Miami Jaylen Waddle 

19 Washington Gregory Rousseau 

20 Chicago Caleb Farley 

21 Indianapolis Samuel Cosmi 

22 Tennessee Azeez Ojulari 

23 NY Jets Rashod Bateman 

24 Pittsburgh Tevin Jenkins 

25 Jacksonville Jaycee Horn 

26 Cleveland Trevon Moehrig 

27 Baltimore Kadarius Toney 

28 New Orleans Zaven Collins 

29 Green Bay Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah 

30 Buffalo Greg Newsome 

31 Kansas City  Eric Stokes 

32 Tampa Bay Levi Onwuzurike 

54 Payton Turner 

I always find these entertaining.  Yours is as good a guess as any I suppose. But two things stand out. 

I will be shocked if Miami does not take A WR at #6. And there is no chance on this earth that Pitts last til pick # 12. None. 

1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

I always find these entertaining.  Yours is as good a guess as any I suppose. But two things stand out. 

I will be shocked if Miami does not take A WR at #6. And there is no chance on this earth that Pitts last til pick # 12. None. 

They still get Waddle at 18 so pretty good anyway 

Only teams above 12 I could see taking Pitts is Bengals Dolphins or Panthers

Jags Jets 49ers and Falcons certainly shouldn't going for QBs

Bengals need OL help 

8 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Why would Falcons go WR when its a strength already 

Well because they will play football past this year. I have no clue who Atlanta will take but you look to be drafting on need and not who the best football player is and that is not how teams draft - outside of QB. 

6 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

They still get Waddle at 18 so pretty good anyway 

Only teams above 12 I could see taking Pitts is Bengals Dolphins or Panthers

Jags Jets 49ers and Falcons certainly shouldn't going for QBs

Bengals need OL help 

Daniel Jeremiah has Pitts as his 3rd best prospect in the entire draft. Assume that is in the ballpark for how most teams will have him graded - the 3rd best prospect has zero chance to last to pick # 12. Literally zero chance. 

And Paye at 6 and Waddle at 18 to Miami is in reverse order.  That is the equivalent of the Jags passing on Lawrence at # 1 but getting him at 25. 

Miami is sitting at a good spot at 6 yet again. Assuming that 4 QB;s and Sewell go before them, they could have Chase, but they could also trade down a couple spots and pick up a 2nd and another 2nd next year and still get one of their guys. Carolina and Denver will want to jump up over each other. Miami could trade down, get the two 2nd rounders and still get Devonte Smith..

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

But I still believe we're taking a LT in the first,  and I think there will not be multiple candidates worthy of a 1st round pick at pick 21.   Maybe one.   The others will go sooner.    So, if our guy is there,  I now think we stay put and draft our LT of the future.

I'm hoping it's Cosmi.

I now think we might trade back some from 54 before taking a DE with our next pick.   Perhaps we pick up a 4?

I understand this logic, IF you believe that you have to go LT with their first pick. I'm still in the DE mindset, because the pickings are far slimmer than the LT candidates and the need is just as great. In my mind, if the DE is there that you want, such as Rousseau or Paye, you grab him. It would truly help if the Colts signed a bridge free agent LT such as Villanueva or Okung to a one year deal. That way, you're not dependent upon the scenario you've set up which is 1) the LT you crave being there at 21; and 2) that guy having to start right away. And I believe that's equally true for the DE position, which is why I'm hoping either Houston or one of the other vet DEs still available becomes a Colt. 

Archived