Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. coming back (one year deal)

zibby43

On 3/26/2021 at 3:24 PM, rockywoj said:

My “piling on Grigson” was saying he did not se-sign Wayne to the one final year that Wayne was seeking.  I to this day feel that it was a travesty to not give Reggie his final go, which ultimately led to Reggie’s retirement after signing with the dreaded Pats.  I think Grigs owed Reggie the courtesy for his signing on for 2012 and beyond at a below market deal and for all Reggie brought to the Colts over the years.  

I never mentioned anything about Grigson’s track record, both good and bad, but now that you brought up the piling on topic, I will say this ... Ballard’s re-signing TY speaks volumes about class and loyalty as compared to what I saw from Grigson’s treatment of Reggie’s endgame.   I’ve been a die hard Colt’s fan since ‘66 or ‘67, and the way Grigson hung Reggie out to dry will always be something I am bitter about.  It was just beyond classless, imho, especially because Reggie’s issues were injury related more so than pure skill drop off.

I mean Reggie retired before the season started and wasn’t very good in his final year here.  That was a move Grigson got right.  NOTE:  Saying he got something right doesn’t mean I think he was good at his job.  He took the emotion out of it which GMs are supposed to do.  To put it another way were you one of the vast majority that said the Colts held on to AV a year too long?  If you say yes then you get why Grigson let Wayne walk.  

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NodakColt said:

2C2A9E4D-C920-4329-9811-00C38EA3B166.jpeg

Pat had a video clip on his Twitter summarizing his and TY's conversation. Made it sound like TY was really fired up and excited with how the session went. Mentioned right away he felt like they had chemistry and that Wentz has a cannon. 

Archived