T.Y. coming back (one year deal)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love you T.Y!!!!!!!!!  

About doggone time...   TY is one of my all time favorite Colts. I'm very happy he's staying. Not only do I think he can still play -- he's not TY of 2014, but he can still be effective -- i

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts can wait until day 3 now to draft another WR

I would be shocked if they drafted one earlier thrn the 4th round. We are loaded on offense. Not to mention Fountain, Patmon, Dulin, and Harris. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I would be shocked if they drafted one earlier thrn the 4th round. We are loaded on offense. Not to mention Fountain, Patmon, Dulin, and Harris. 

There are some here that feel a WR should be drafted Round 1

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

True Pillar of the franchise. Good for you T.Y.

Go get you (and us) a championship. Regardless, he will always be a legend in Indianapolis. Here’s to hoping for a healthy and highlight stacking finish to your career, all with a horseshoe on

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Could happen. My feeling with Ballard over the years has been that he stacks needs in FA and goes best available on the board for the draft. I think he trades down. I think if the BPA is a WR, he pulls the trigger. Who saw him picking JT early in the 2nd last year?

Wouldn't shock me.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

He missed over half the games in 2013

We’ll, his 2012 was epic and it flowed into 2013.  Was just going off the top of my aged head. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I know it’s a great class of WR’s.  And for the 2nd year in a row.   But, personally, I think there are four rare and obvious first round receivers.   Chase, Smith, Waddle and Pitts.  He’ll be a tight end for most teams, but some teams will view him as a jumbo receiver mismatch.    So, four great guys.

But after that, the order of everyone else I think will be different for every team.   A couple more will go in the first...  but then 4-6 will go in R’s 2, 3, and 4.   There are just so many good receivers.  

Remember, last year the first two players at the top of R2 were Higgins and Pittman, who were both good.   And the best was Claypool who was taken in the 50’s.   Crazy deep last year and this year. 

• Like 1
Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I know it’s a great class of WR’s.  And for the 2nd year in a row.   But, personally, I think there are four rare and obvious first round receivers.   Chase, Smith, Waddle and Pitts.  He’ll be a receiver for most teams, but some teams will view him as a jumbo receiver mismatch.    So, four guys.

But after that, the order of everyone else I think will be different for every team.   A couple more will go in the first...  but then 4-6 will go in R’s 2, 3, and 4.   There are just so many good receivers.  

Remember, last year the first two players at the top of R2 were Higgins and Pittman, who were both good.   And the best was Claypool who was taken in the 50’s.   Crazy deep last year and this year. 

I think a few guys could also go Round 1

Elijah Moore

Rondale Moore 

Rashod Bateman 

Terrace Marshall 

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I think a few guys could also go Round 1

Elijah Moore

Rondale Moore 

Rashod Bateman 

Terrace Marshall 

Yeah...   they could.   I’m just not sure any of them should.   I think they all have qualities that will be similar to guys who go in the second round.   I like all those guys, but I don’t know that I love any of them.   Certainly not sure I love them as first round guys. 

That’s my view as of today.   All subject to change as this insane off-season continues. 

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know it’s a great class of WR’s.  And for the 2nd year in a row.   But, personally, I think there are four rare and obvious first round receivers.   Chase, Smith, Waddle and Pitts.  He’ll be a tight end for most teams, but some teams will view him as a jumbo receiver mismatch.    So, four great guys.

It appears most of this forum hasn't watched Bateman enough

This is my first post on the colts forums and I hope I do not embarrass myself with hyperbole.That being said... 

Fanatics of teams are defined as a  enthusiastic devotee or a ardent admirer. 

In the Era of free agency and player empowerment a player spending their entire (or even majority of) career has become exceedingly rare. 

TY Hilton reportedly took less money to remain with OUR team, the Indianapolis Colts.  

In a Era of negativity, doubt,and incredulousness we should celebrate this moment and TY for doing what is becoming more rare in sports and culture in general. And that is loyalty to the team, city, and fans. 

TY may not have the year some fans want from him, and may exceed what others imagine. 

But that isn't what today is about. We should celebrate a player that has given us so many great sports memories over so many years. 

A player that more than likely turned down millions of dollars to remain with OUR team. 

I would like to say that I would do the same for my team. But if I am being completely honest, with millions of dollars on the line, I don't know if I would have done the same. I would hope we ALL can agree it would be a heavy choice no matter the outcome. 

Its my sincere hope that we show him the loyalty and appreciation he showed the fans today. 

I have always been a TY fan, but today I thank him for taking the the road less traveled. 

/salute Ghost

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

Yes, signing a slow washed up TY Hilton will certainly move the Colts needle up. Not! Perhaps we will draft two receivers and cut him before the season starts.

charlton heston laughing GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, tvturner said:

It appears most of this forum hasn't watched Bateman enough

He has a fair amount of support here as far as I can tell.    As for me personally, yes, I need to watch more tape.   But the reviews I read say late first, or early to mid second round.   I think the odds are he goes in the first.

But I’d much rather go LT, then DE, 1-2.  I think we can find a quality WR in the mid rounds.  

10 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

Yes, signing a slow washed up TY Hilton will certainly move the Colts needle up. Not! Perhaps we will draft two receivers and cut him before the season starts.

We’ve guaranteed TYH $8 million of his $10m.

The chances we’re cutting him are close to zero. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This just feels good and right.  T.Y. belongs in Indy.  The Ghost is back...let’s go! 

Now the question is will they still host the Watkins visit and consider adding him too?  I wouldn’t mind some Paris Campbell insurance. 

57 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Nbc I Concur GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Not to mention Patmon who has been working with Wentz already and Harris who far surpassed anything anyone expected last season and Ashton Dulin.  We have our 7 guys fighting for 6 spots as of now, not sure we bring in any f.a. vets nor draft a wr.   We have Gary Jennings, Quartney Davis and J.J. Nelson also as options if an injury pops up.......WR room is full

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

That makes the signing even more questionable. The Colts got fleeced by Hilton.

You can’t get fleeced on a one year deal lol.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

These four have not shown much to be confident in them

43 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He has a fair amount of support here as far as I can tell.    As for me personally, yes, I need to watch more tape.   But the reviews I read say late first, or early to mid second round.   I think the odds are he goes in the first.

But I’d much rather go LT, then DE, 1-2.  I think we can find a quality WR in the mid rounds.  

Honestly  doesn't  matter if we go de or Lt  first. I think we go de first as they like the tackle depth and we need an impact de. If there is no impact de they will go Lt

• Like 1
2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Unfortunate. And very generous. But showing some Loyalty has it's own value down the road.

I think given the fact that he was not gobbled up in the 1st wave of free agency  shows how teams feel about him at this point in his career. Good move for the Colts.

27 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

Our wide receivers are not good at all.

Hilton,  Pittman,  pascal, and Campbell  are good,but after those 4 are question  marks and if Campbell  gets hurt again he's  probably  done as a colt. May need another playmaking  wr in draft to be on safe side

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah...   they could.   I’m just not sure any of them should.   I think they all have qualities that will be similar to guys who go in the second round.   I like all those guys, but I don’t know that I love any of them.   Certainly not sure I love them as first round guys. 

That’s my view as of today.   All subject to change as this insane off-season continues. 

Rondale Moore did well in his performance but I read a lot that he has brick hands

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Rondale Moore did well in his performance but I read a lot that he has brick hands

basically another dhb 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

That makes the signing even more questionable. The Colts got fleeced by Hilton.

I agree, he got a damn good deal. I know he knows our system and is a good captain. I hope he can play to the level of this contract.

• Like 1