T.Y. coming back (one year deal)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love you T.Y!!!!!!!!!  

About doggone time...   TY is one of my all time favorite Colts. I'm very happy he's staying. Not only do I think he can still play -- he's not TY of 2014, but he can still be effective -- i

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

His tweet sounds like he is planning to retire after this year IMO. 

He said he was gonna sign one more deal, then that's it. That was months ago, don't know if he still intends to stand by that, but that's what he said. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

That is great news for Carson Wentz and the Colts!!!

Much like Reggie Wayne coming back to the Colts for Andrew Luck, IMO.

I hope the result is similar as well, for imho Reggie’s best two years were his 1st two years with Luck!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I hope the result is similar as well, for imho Reggie’s best two years were his 1st two years with Luck!

He missed over half the games in 2013

• Thanks 1

Finally. Ten million is a good one year pay day. Maybe he retires after or he gets back to some of his old self and gets another year after. We are loaded on offense so teams can’t double him anymore. I expect with Wentz and the deep ball and all the other weapons he will have a good year.

Just now, TomDiggs said:

Could have been BMore with their WR interest of late.

Either way good, fair deal

Ravens would of been s terrible for for him.

• Like 2
  • MTC changed the title to T.Y. coming back (one year deal)
18 minutes ago, Superman said:

He said he was gonna sign one more deal, then that's it. That was months ago, don't know if he still intends to stand by that, but that's what he said. 

The 10 mill was higher than I expected but it's just a 1 year deal so no big deal I guess. Do you expect they will still try to sign Watkins ? Seems like if they are bringing him in for a visit , the answer could be yes ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There are some personal milestones he could reach this year for sure, 25 catches and 641 (over 10,000) yards puts him squarely in 3rd place all-time behind only Marvin and Reggie in receptions and yards. He would need 19 TD's to take over third place there so that may be a bit out of reach on a one year deal! But the other two.......Wentz and Reich will help get him those yards easy!

Just now, dw49 said:

The 10 mill was higher than I expected but it's just a 1 year deal so no big deal I guess. Do you expect they will still try to sign Watkins ? Seems like if they are bringing him in for a visit , the answer could be yes ? 

Why not? Adds another veteran presence to an otherwise young group who has talent even if overshadowed by Kelce and Hill in KC....

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Apparently Reich said Watkins was a backup plan, so probably not. I'd consider it at the right price, but I assume Baltimore has a good offer out to him.

• Like 1

LOL. 

Maybe they did put the squeeze on him with the Sammy Watkins talks. 

Glad to have TY back. Hope he retires a Colt. :) 

• Like 1
Just now, Superman said:

Apparently Reich said Watkins was a backup plan, so probably not. I'd consider it at the right price, but I assume Baltimore has a good offer out to him.

Yep, with how much they run, Watkins may not even be used till the playoffs, which will work out for both parties because there is a good chance to reduce wear and tear as a WR in that offense for him. :) 

That is more than I thought...but they weren’t going to spend it elsewhere anyways.

Happy to have TY back...regardless. But really had hoped they would have done more at WR this offseason.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

If this is true, God Bless T.Y. Glad he didn’t make the mistake that many many athletes make in their golden years after a long career with one team. They have the choice of playing and retiring with the team they started out with and becoming a legend in Indianapolis forever or they can chase the money, play a year or two for some team and thats it. I’m sure TY would still be a colts legend but retiring a colt makes it that much more sweeter and shows just how much he loves playing here.

• Like 2

TY can play a few more years.  When he said it's his last contract, he probably thought he would get a few years.  If he plays well, the Colts will go year-to-year with him.  

Just now, Superman said:

Agree 

I suspect he was looking for a long term deal, like a 4 year 45 million with 35 million guaranteed type of deal. 1 year for 10 million with 9 in the bank isn't chicken scratch..

• Like 1