Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BProland's Updated Colts Mock Draft (Post Free Agency)

I think the Colts are pretty much done in FA aside from maybe resigning Hilton and bringing in another depth player or two. There really aren't any quality starters worth signing at this point. With that said, here is the draft scenario I have that would dramatically help this roster.

Trades

Ballard trades 21st overall pick to MIA for their 36th & 50th overall picks in the 2nd.

(I believe Ballard wants to add at least one or two more draft picks to this class, so hence the trade here. The value is close enough here as MIA could find someone they target while also getting them on the 5th year option via a 1st round pick.)

Ballard trades 2nd round pick to Philly for their 70th and 84th overall picks in the 3rd round.

(Again the value is close enough to make this deal)

Draft

Round 2 Pick 4 (MIA): Azeez Ojulari, DE/OLB, Georgia
Round 2 Pick 18 (MIA): Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia
Round 3 Pick 6 (PHI): Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame

Round 3 Pick 20 (PHI):  Dyami Brown, WR North Carolina
Round 4 Pick 22: Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame
Round 5 Pick 21: Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State
Round 6 Pick 21: D'Ante Smith, OT, East Carolina 
Round 7 Pick 21: Kyree Campbell, DT, Florida

These are players I could see Ballard and this coaching staff interested in, as each of these players compliments our current roster well. 

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I think the Colts are pretty much done in FA aside from maybe resigning Hilton and bringing in another depth player or two. There really aren't any quality starters worth signing at this point. With that said, here is the draft scenario I have that would dramatically help this roster.

Trades

Ballard trades 21st overall pick to MIA for their 36th & 50th overall picks in the 2nd.

(I believe Ballard wants to add at least one or two more draft picks to this class, so hence the trade here. The value is close enough here as MIA could find someone they target while also getting them on the 5th year option via a 1st round pick.)

Ballard trades 2nd round pick to Philly for their 70th and 84th overall picks in the 3rd round.

Draft

These are players I could see Ballard and this coaching staff interested in, as each of these players compliments our current roster well. 

Assuming the trades occur, I Iike the guys for the most part, but most of these guys are going almost a round later than most projections have them going.

* Azeez is almost certainly going 1st round & I don't see him as a fit in our defense

* Campbell I think is about right

* There's no way Eichenberg falls to the 3rd

* Tremble will most likely go in the 3rd at the latest, especially if he tests well at his pro day

I'd be pretty down with this in the event the board fell this way but I would say no way we gamble on LT by waiting until the 3rd to find someone. Either we sign a FA or we probably take the guy we want at 1 or 2. I just don't see us rising waiting for our guy in the 3rd without having acquired a vet FA.

Thanks for compiling, this list grew on me as I read it.

I DO think CB will trade 21 and get another 3rd ( and early 2nd)

I believe Azeez would be great for the Colts defense. 

I believe Eichenberg would be great for the Colts OL  (But.... he might not even make it to the middle of the 2nd round)

I LOVE Tommy Tremble, if he runs a great 40 time, he may be the grab in round 3

If we got those three in this draft it would be a big win

If you pull off the Miami trade I would hold on to the 2nd and NOT do the trade with Eagles

3 2nd round picks in this draft would be excellent

19 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

No sure what is confusing about this draft but I based it off of where these players are ranked from sites such as CBS, Draftek, and PFF. 

So it is certainly possible these players might be able to be had in the rounds I have them going. 

Both trades favor the Colts big time and I doubt other GMs accept them 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Both trades favor the Colts big time and I doubt other GMs accept them 

Both trades maybe favored the Colts by 100 points or so. Not crazy by any stretch to make a deal like that. The values on both sides don't always have to completely match, and a lot of times they don't. 

Just now, BProland85 said:

Both trades maybe favored the Colts by 100 points or so. Not crazy by any stretch to make a deal like that. The values on both sides don't always have to completely match, and a lot of times they don't. 

Its possible and trade ups reek of desperation 

Here's my updated mock post TY Hilton signing...

Trades - Ballard trades down with Philly, giving them the 21st overall pick and 5th rounder, and getting back their 2nd, and both 3rd rounders

Round 2 Pick 5 (PHI): Azeez Ojulari, DE/OLB, Georgia
Round 2 Pick 22: Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia
Round 3 Pick 6 (PHI): Liam Eichenburg, OT, Notre Dame
Round 3 Pick 20 (PHI): Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina 
Round 4 Pick 22: Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State 
Round 6 Pick 21: D'Ante Smith, OT/G, East Carolina 

As you can tell I really like these Georgia defenders. I think both players could end up being great players in this Colt defense. Ojulari I believe is the best pure pass rusher, as he has long arms and is great at beating the hands and arms of opposing OTs. Campbell looks the part of a long fast corner that Ballard loves, who can play both zone and man coverage. He is also a great tackler as well.

Eichenberg could very well last to the early 3rd, as this is a very deep OT class, and he lacks the true athleticism other OTs possess. I believe either he or Dillon Radunz will be available at this spot. 

Dyami Brown might be one of my favorite underrated WR prospects in this class. He reminds me a bit of Justin Jefferson in that he is great at his get off and getting separation. Plus he has the speed to beat you deep. He would make for a great one two punch with Pittman Jr. for the long haul at WR, which is needed.

Togiai is a relentless DT who may not have the athletic traits other players have, but he is simply a football player through and through. Indy will need good depth at DT as we all saw what happens to this defense when both Buckner and Autry were out. 

D'Ante Smith is one of those Senior Bowl guys I could see Ballard targeting as depth for the OL. He could play both G and RT if needed once coached up.

Kyree Campell is another depth piece to this DT rotation to give us a nice rotation of Bucker, Stewart, Togiai, Rochell, Stallworth, and Campbell/Windsor. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my mock updated once again. Here me out on my explanation below...

Trade - Ballard trades 21st overall pick to Pittsburgh for their 24th overall, and 3rd and 4th round picks.

Round 1 Pick 24 (PITT): Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama
Round 2 Pick 22: Joseph Ossai, DE/OLB, Texas
Round 3 Pick 23 (PITT): Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
Round 4 Pick 22: Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame
Round 4 Pick 23 (PITT): Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa
Round 5 Pick 21: Marlon Williams, WR, Central Florida
Round 6 Pick 23: D'Ante Smith, OT, East Carolina
Round 7 Pick 21: Mike Hampton, CB, USF

So I know a lot of you will be upset at the thought of waiting until round 4 to address OT, but I have an explanation why I made the mock this way. I believe a very underrated OT could be had round 4 in Spencer Brown from Northern Iowa. He had a very good Senior Bowl, and with how deep the OT class is, he could last to round 4. He played primarily RT, but he has the athleticism to play LT. He looks to be the real deal and could certainly look even better by playing next to an All-Pro guard in Nelson. Also, I have us adding another underrated Senior Bowl player in D'Ante Smith as added depth there. Finally, I could most definitely see Eric Fisher being a guy Ballard may look to bring in once the draft is completed, and letting him recover from his torn ACL until he's possibly ready to step back on the field later into the 2021 season. Plus Fisher was drafted by the Chiefs when Ballard was still in Kansas City so he has some ties to him. 

My reasoning to drafting Barmore with the 1st round pick, was that I believe he was the best player available, at a position where his addition could make this DL elite, especially after the addition of Ossai as well at DE. Buckner/Barmore would be a lethal combo on passing downs, and when Grover is in there on run downs, Barmore is versatile enough to where he could kick out to end on occasion. Barmore has the size that Ballard covets from his DTs at 6-5, 310 pounds. He also has that explosive first step that our coaching staff looks for. 

Probably won't happen this way for the Colts, but I just wanted to make this mock with best player available at positions of need in mind throughout

On 3/23/2021 at 2:23 PM, Shive said:

Assuming the trades occur, I Iike the guys for the most part, but most of these guys are going almost a round later than most projections have them going.

* Azeez is almost certainly going 1st round & I don't see him as a fit in our defense

* Campbell I think is about right

* There's no way Eichenberg falls to the 3rd

* Tremble will most likely go in the 3rd at the latest, especially if he tests well at his pro day

Your comments mirror mine almost exactly.   Like you're reading my mind!   (Scary for you!!)    :thmup:

On 3/23/2021 at 12:16 PM, BProland85 said:

Trades

Draft

To the trade values....

Our 1st round trade with Mia...   is off by a whopping 140 points.   Our pick is 800.   Mia's two 2nd's are 940.   That's a HUGE gap.    That gap of 140 points equals a 3rd round pick.

Trading our 2nd pick, which is 360 for Philly's two 3rd's is a gap of 50 points.  Closer,  but still considerable.  Philly's two picks total 10.   When you're talking that kind of a gap with Day two picks,  it's still considerable.    The 50 point value is roughly a 4th round pick.   That's a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my mock updated after hearing from For The Colture and others on what type of players Ballard may be interested in...

Trade - Indy trades 21st overall pick to Pittsburgh for their 24th overall, and 3rd & 4th round picks.

Round 1 Pick 24 (PITT): Greg Newsome, CB, Northwestern 
Round 2 Pick 22: Joe Tryon, DE/OLB, Washington
Round 3 Pick 23 (PITT): Brady Christensen, OT, BYU
Round 4 Pick 22: Jordan Smith, DE/OLB, UAB
Round 4 Pick 23 (PITT): Monty Rice, ILB/OLB, Georgia
Round 7 Pick 21: Malik Herring, DT/DE, Georgia

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

Here is my mock updated after hearing from For The Colture and others on what type of players Ballard may be interested in...

Trade - Indy trades 21st overall pick to Pittsburgh for their 24th overall, and 3rd & 4th round picks.

Round 1 Pick 24 (PITT): Greg Newsome, CB, Northwestern 
Round 2 Pick 22: Joe Tryon, DE/OLB, Washington
Round 3 Pick 23 (PITT): Brady Christensen, OT, BYU
Round 4 Pick 22: Jordan Smith, DE/OLB, UAB
Round 4 Pick 23 (PITT): Monty Rice, ILB/OLB, Georgia
Round 7 Pick 21: Malik Herring, DT/DE, Georgia

There's less than 0 percent chance Steelers take that deal

On 3/23/2021 at 3:16 PM, BProland85 said:

Trades

Draft

I would love for this to happen!

On 3/23/2021 at 3:16 PM, BProland85 said:

Trades

Draft

I respect your opinion too ! Best draft I've seen Great Job! I hope comes true !!!

Archived