Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is your fallback WR if Hilton doesn’t re-sign?

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

sign Josh Reynolds

He signed with Titans

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

Trade our #2 for the Saints WR Michael Thomas. He's a playmaker that could be had because of his contract and the Saints in contract hell..

He just restructured deal.

They would have a $23m dead cap hit if they traded him. His cap hit this year is $10m, so it would cost them $13m more to trade him than it would to keep him this year.

Other words, not happening.

TBH, lets think about this logically. Everything we seem to know about Wentz is, he likes to throw to TEs more than WRs and he is less accurate when throwing to WRs vs TEs.

If TY doesn't come back I wouldn't rush out and make any big move. I would use the money elsewhere, maybe draft one in 4th, and try to bring Ertz in. Maybe Burton back? Jordan Reed?

Pittman, Pascal, Campbell, Patmon, Harris, Hines Nelson, Doyle, Cox Ertz/Burton should be able to get the job done with Wentz propensity to throw to TEs.

DeMarcus Robinson might make some sense, as cheap vet to add another body, Willie Snead IV?

On the fence about Watkins. Outside of that...ehhhh....

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

He signed with Titans

He just restructured deal.

They would have a $23m dead cap hit if they traded him. His cap hit this year is $10m, so it would cost them $13m more to trade him than it would to keep him this year.

Other words, not happening.

TBH, lets think about this logically. Everything we seem to know about Wentz is, he likes to throw to TEs more than WRs and he is less accurate when throwing to WRs vs TEs.

If TY doesn't come back I wouldn't rush out and make any big move. I would use the money elsewhere, maybe draft one in 4th, and try to bring Ertz in. Maybe Burton back? Jordan Reed?

Pittman, Pascal, Campbell, Patmon, Harris, Hines Nelson, Doyle, Cox Ertz/Burton should be able to get the job done with Wentz propensity to throw to TEs.

DeMarcus Robinson might make some sense, as cheap vet to add another body, Willie Snead IV?

On the fence about Watkins. Outside of that...ehhhh....

It appears with the Watkins visit being scheduled that he is the next option.  I think TY has his offer from the Colts and that's it.  If he doesn't like our offer we will be moving on.  We should have this resolved pretty quickly now.  

37 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It appears with the Watkins visit being scheduled that he is the next option.  I think TY has his offer from the Colts and that's it.  If he doesn't like our offer we will be moving on.  We should have this resolved pretty quickly now.  

Yeah I agree, TY has his offer. Has had it, getting old that he is dragging it out so long and trying to bring the fans into with bogus tweets...."All this for me?"

Just shut up and sign the deal, or not.

23 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah I agree, TY has his offer. Has had it, getting old that he is dragging it out so long and trying to bring the fans into with bogus tweets...."All this for me?"

TBF they probably can't even see him. 

ghost GIF

Marvin Jones was my fall back, but that ship sailed a while ago.  I’m not sure there’s a WR left that I would call a good fall back for TY.  I really think he still re-signs with Colts (he’d be the 4th-fastest WR in KC).  But if they do lose TY, it might make it more likely that they focus on TE & trade for Ertz. 

If we want a TY Hilton 'type' of receiver then draft Jaelon Darden from North Texas - otherwise we spread his targets around to the young guys and get DeMichael Harris more involved in the offense as he is already on the roster. The key to this offenses success is multiplicity - aka spreading the ball around to whomever is schemed open or is open on a broken play.

I really like the young group we have of Pittman,Campbell,Harris,Patmon and vet Pascal.....3 2nd year players and 3rd year in Campbell who is almost liked a rookie due to injuries....who ever we add just tops off the group.  Im excited to see the development honestly.

6 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I really like the young group we have of Pittman,Campbell,Harris,Patmon and vet Pascal.....3 2nd year players and 3rd year in Campbell who is almost liked a rookie due to injuries....who ever we add just tops off the group.  Im excited to see the development honestly.

Very unpopular opinion but I think the Colts are fine at WR 

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

4 hours ago, w87r said:

Question:   Why do you two think TYH has his offer?     You may be right.   I’d like to hear your thinking.    Thanks. 

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Question:   Why do you two think TYH has his offer?     You may be right.   I’d like to hear your thinking.    Thanks. 

Because that's how Ballard works. He offers you a contract, if you don't think it is enough, he tells you to go check your market.

You seriously don't think the Colts have offered him a contract at this point in the game?

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Because that's how Ballard works. He offers you a contract, if you don't think it is enough, he tells you to go check your market.

You seriously don't think the Colts have offered him a contract at this point in the game?

This is true. I thought he said this about the FA’s this year. He would offer guys what he thought they were worth but knows they will test the market. I bet he offered Hilton 7 for a year maybe 2 with first year guaranteed. 

TY is working to max his $. This may be his last contract. Can you blame him?

He has some interest out there and is no doubt trying to get an offer he can use to leverage the Colts. But if I’m not mistaken, the Chiefs are in cap hell. How they could work out a deal that pays anything meaningful right now is hard to see. I’ll let our cap experts explain it if they’re willing, but it seems like it would have to be another team getting involved that could pull him away. 

8 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Very unpopular opinion but I think the Colts are fine at WR 

I don't necessarily agree that they're "fine", but considering that for a good portion of last season Travis Fulgham & Greg Ward were the Eagles' best healthy WRs, I'd say Wentz is already getting an upgrade in receivers.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

w87r answered it for me.  Not to say he won't match it or counter it if the two offers are close but that's how I see it.  

Trade down in Round 1 to get OT or DE while gaining a 3rd

Tylan Wallace or Nico Collins or Jaelon Darden in Rounds 2 or 3, pass rusher or OT in the other round on Day 2

Marlon Williams or Sage Surratt in Rounds 4 or 5 for big slot.

4 hours ago, w87r said:

I believe your first paragraph is backwards.   I don’t believe Ballard does that.

I believe Ballard tells his free agents to go out,  shop for their best offer, then bring that to him and see if Ballard will match or beat it. That’s always been my understanding.  I believe Ballard said it again this year.  

Having said all that....  I think it’s entirely possible that Hilton has done that.   Shopped, brought his best offer to CB, and maybe CB has said that his best offer is short of another teams.  Maybe that’s why Hilton hasn’t signed yet?   He’s figuring out if it’s worth it to him to take less to stay with the Colts than it is to leave and go elsewhere?    I think that’s quite possible. 

Nit trying to be argumentative, it play semantics.   I didn’t know what you were going to say.   I respect your views too much to do that.   

42 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I believe your first paragraph is backwards.   I don’t believe Ballard does that.

I believe Ballard tells his free agents to go out,  shop for their best offer, then bring that to him and see if Ballard will match or beat it. That’s always been my understanding.  I believe Ballard said it again this year.  

Having said all that....  I think it’s entirely possible that Hilton has done that.   Shopped, brought his best offer to CB, and maybe CB has said that his best offer is short of another teams.  Maybe that’s why Hilton hasn’t signed yet?   He’s figuring out if it’s worth it to him to take less to stay with the Colts than it is to leave and go elsewhere?    I think that’s quite possible. 

Nit trying to be argumentative, it play semantics.   I didn’t know what you were going to say.   I respect your views too much to do that.   

This seems backwards to me. If you want a guy back you give him the contract offer you think he is worth. If they accept great, if they want more then go see what you can get. 

If you want a guy you're not going to wait for someone to offer him something. Could be waiting a while.

That's my take on it. Right or wrong, IDK?

I bet Ballard would be most pleased not paying TY and getting a 4th rd comp pick. I get the feeling it will be more like a 5th ish.
 And that TY's agent probably was told we would only be offering a 1 year deal in any case.
 So TY is looking for as much guaranteed $$$ as he can get but considering who he can play for with a very good chance of being used well so that he can get paid again in 22. 

Watkins isn't a bad option, but I'm honestly in the preference that we bring back TY & draft a WR. I think that the WR talent in this draft is really solid. I want K. Toney from Florida in a trade back. I think he is going to be one of the steals of the draft. 

Archived