Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Free Agency Thread (Top Remaining Options)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 6:Top Options and final team need wish list:   QB: 1) Nick Mullens, San Francisco 49ers 2) Brian Hoyer, New England Patriots 3) Alex Smith, Washington Football Team 4) Joe Fla

Offseason Summation:(To this point)   Our own guys: Pascal Cox Odum Mack Rhodes Stallworth Dulin   Covid returns: Tell III Milligan

4 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

 

More details on the financials. Breakdown of how much is incentive-based will be interesting. But still a good deal for him and shows that Edge guys are still getting paid even this late in the game.

I thought it would look like this.  Up to 10m.  Worth the chance if you view your team as a contender.  Good for him.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

really liked what I saw from him last year. I don't think he's someone you plug in as a starter, but he's fantastic depth and can be great to have for match-up purposes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

After what Irsay said today Newsome could be the pick if he's there at 21.  Looks like It's going to be ER, LT, CB in no particular order.  He mentioned those positions as the primary needs.  Reading between the lines on his comments it looks like they made Houston an offer but he said there are other ER's still available and he appears not worried about finding a veteran.  He mentioned extensions coming up so one or two could happen pretty soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Anyone else surprised that Malik Hooker hasn't signed with anyone yet?

Actually yes very. I thought he was for sure signing with Dallas. They signed Beal but I still figured he would be added depth for them. Maybe the physicals and medical side have not been good for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Anyone else surprised that Malik Hooker hasn't signed with anyone yet?


Yes and No. His injury history is the obvious red flag, not being signed by anyone yet and he may be just biding his time as well. Some team will eventually sign him to a modest, 1-2 year deal with incentives. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Good signing 

Why all the 1 year deals though 

Similar to last year.  Maybe he wants a lot of latitude to sign the kids next year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

It does?     

 

Maybe for you, but all it does for me is move it back a round or so.

 

 

We have 6 corners that have played well for us. Rhodes Moore Carrie Rock Rodgers Tell. How many more corners do we need?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

We have 6 corners that have played well for us. Rhodes Moore Carrie Rock Rodgers Tell. How many more corners do we need?

Fair point.   100 percent.   
 

But I wouldn’t feel good enough about that group that I wouldn’t rule out taking a corner in the 4th or 5th round if I liked them enough.  You may find someone that you’d keep over Carrie.   Or if someone gets hurt, you’d have a better quality replacement.    
 

Some of this depends on how many more picks we acquire?  I’m expecting a minimum of two.   Ballard has never had less than 8 picks in any draft.  Right now, we have 6. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Fair point.   100 percent.   
 

But I wouldn’t feel good enough about that group that I wouldn’t rule out taking a corner in the 4th or 5th round if I liked them enough.  You may find someone that you’d keep over Carrie.   Or if someone gets hurt, you’d have a better quality replacement.    
 

Some of this depends on how many more picks we acquire?  I’m expecting a minimum of two.   Ballard has never had less than 8 picks in any draft.  Right now, we have 6. 

 

Unless we trade down and acquire more picks which I fully expect us to do, imo we have other more pressing needs. I fully expect our first three picks to be T and double down on edge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Unless we trade down and acquire more picks which I fully expect us to do, imo we have other more pressing needs. I fully expect our first three picks to be T and double down on edge.

You’re expecting us to double-down on edge with two of our first three picks?    Wow, I sure didn’t see that coming.....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You’re expecting us to double-down on edge with two of our first three picks?    Wow, I sure didn’t see that coming.....

 

 

We haven't done anything to address pass rush unless you count signing Rochelle and Mohammed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...