Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers seem to like former Colts OL

Zoltan

Zach was a good kid.  But very young and immature.   I think Pittsburgh is his 4th team? I believe he also had stops in Cleve and Carolina.   Sometimes it takes kids a while to grow up and figure out the NFL world.   Sorry the pick didn’t payoff for Indy.   But happy to see the kid finally succeed. 

On 3/23/2021 at 5:29 PM, chickenMan said:

Haeg left to get starting playing time. Ballard should have probably kept Banner though

Yes...   a player who was cut by the Colts and TWO OTHER TEAMS before figuring things out and growing up...    that guy Ballard should’ve kept for four years to see if he’d ever figure it out.    

Thanks for that......     

On 3/23/2021 at 3:47 PM, DEFENSE said:

ballard was a little quick on the trigger should have kept them

Yes, quick on the trigger....

And so was Cleveland who also cut Banner.

And so was Carolina who also cut Banner. 

And now he’s with Pittsburgh where finally Banner has grown up and figured out how to survive and succeed.

But Chris Ballard should’ve kept a guy who didn’t do more than Special Teams for three years.    Sure.   Right.      :facepalm:

3 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

At 2.3 million this year... It would have been enticing for me to bring Haeg back. 

Totally agree. From what Irsay has said it seems the Colts plan to draft an LT early this year and have him start. I think this year is as good as any to do so but I would have liked a little more of a proven veteran brought in compared to who the Colts have signed.

To add to what NewColtsFan said about Banner, Banner thanked Chris Ballard in an interview last year for where he is today. Cutting him was a wake up call that he needed.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/09/zach-banner-thanks-colts-gm-chris-ballard-for-motivation-says-4-teams-claimed-him-off-waivers-as-rookie/

On 3/25/2021 at 8:42 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Yes...   a player who was cut by the Colts and TWO OTHER TEAMS before figuring things out and growing up...    that guy Ballard should’ve kept for four years to see if he’d ever figure it out.    

Thanks for that......     

You’re welcome

Archived