Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts re-sign CB Xavier Rhodes

JediXMan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Wouldn't mind Malcolm Butler if we don't. Would be a solid upgrade to our CB room. 

me either it would be a good pick up . its obvious that ballard wants to draft a tackle and pass rusher in the first two rounds now . Then next year go corner early , all ballard wants in free agency are hold overs until the next years draft .   he will probably get a one year deal wr   then go corner Wr next year .   

1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

I wonder with Tell coming back will they decide not to re-sign Carrie. 

wasnt tell playing in the slot backing up moore ?  i forget i think tell did back up moore and struggled ballard talked about having better depth i think that is why rogers was drafted .

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

wasnt tell playing in the slot backing up moore ?  i forget i think tell did back up moore and struggled ballard talked about having better depth i think that is why rogers was drafted .

Yes I think he stepped in there for a while in 2019, mostly on the boundary if I remember. Did quite well. Be interesting to see where he is at. Rodgers I think should learn to play in the slot, he would be suited to the role. 

Best news of the free agency season so far (not counting Wentz)

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts are definitely taking DE or OT at 21

Ballard is gonna throw us a curve ball draft LB

Well they do need another linebacker....

No your right I’ll be floored if the first pick isn’t an end or tackle.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Best news of the free agency season so far (not counting Wentz)

Well they do need another linebacker....

No your right I’ll be floored if the first pick isn’t an end or tackle.

It wouldn't surprise me at all

Who knows who Ballard likes 

Just now, Colts1324 said:

Why does it feel like the details for the Colts' signing always take FOREVER to release? Fuller's details were instant & it's been over an hour & nothing on Rhodes' contract?

Same for the tackle we signed. Is it Ballard's choice?

Why does it matter?  

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Bumping q out would surprise me

A lot of reports seem to believe this is indeed happening, could well depend what lineman go where in the draft, if a Tackle falls we want we grab them in not go other way and draft Guard and flip Q outside

13 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts are definitely taking DE or OT at 21

Ballard is gonna throw us a curve ball draft LB

If Ballard takes a LB in the first it would be much bigger than a curveball.   It would be the most shocking move he’s ever done as our GM. 

Bypass all of his top five needs to fill a spot we let Anthony Walker leave from?   We’d pass on LT, DE, CB, WR, and TE, for a ........  linebacker?!?     Our forums would wonder if Ballard had suffered a stroke!   

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If Ballard takes a LB in the first it would be much bigger than a curveball.   It would be the most shocking move he’s ever done as our GM. 

Bypass all of his top five needs to fill a spot we let Anthony Walker leave from?   We’d pass on LT, DE, CB, WR, and TE, for a ........  linebacker?!?     Our forums would wonder if Ballard had suffered a stroke!   

It would be a big 60 MPH Knuckle ball when someone is waiting on a 95 MPH fastball lmao 

9 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Every year we have a faller and Salter is projected all over the place, some project him as a Tackle and others as a Guard...we shall see

No matter if he’s an OT or G, I’ve never seen him projected lower than 15.   And I’d seriously question any website that did that.   Maybe Popular Mechanics or Field and Stream!   But no one reputable.   Slater is one of the safest picks in the draft.  He’ll find a home at one of the five OL positions and be very good for the next 8-10 years. 

35 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

No he was playing opposite RYS on the outside. He was progressing very well!

1 hour ago, Colt Overseas said:

I must admit, its a feeling of relief just to get Xavier back. He fills a very important need. And he played bloody good ball for us last season.

I was actually hoping we would keep him for two years. Ballard is very tight on resources this spring.

I think its as much the players are looking for 1 year deals, expecting a better payday next year.  This “2nd round” arent getting the offers they hoped for.

Archived