Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have signed backup OT

29 minutes ago, Shepman said:

I hope it is Holden and they get a deal done with Fisher as Holden could hold down the fort until he is ready.

Holden is already on the roster. Fisher will miss most of the season.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s hoping it’s Joe Haag.

In his defense, he gave up 2 sacks in 1024 snaps at LT last year protecting the blindside of a pretty darned good rookie in Herbert. And has no durability issues which sometimes is the best ability. P

I thought Green Bay picked him up during playoffs and he went back to free agency good to know we resigned him as I missed that.     My mistake all along I meant Jared Veldheer I got confuse

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Holden is already on the roster. Fisher will miss most of the season.

I thought Green Bay picked him up during playoffs and he went back to free agency good to know we resigned him as I missed that.  

My mistake all along I meant Jared Veldheer I got confused.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, mirobi48 said:

the tackle from Pittsburgh?

That's what I'm hoping for. He is solid. 

If we sign him, resign Hilton, get Zach Ertz, and some depth, that is a big success IMO.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

i hope this is just a camp guy. Ballard has failed finding adequate backup tackles. I expect Holden to win the backup job.

Every GM in the league has failed to find adequate backup tackles. Some have failed to find starting tackles.  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Maybe we also sign Fisher and he can hold it down until he’s ready.

Fisher is probably going to miss the entire season. He went down in jan. Mack won’t even be ready until July which is almost a year. Then you have to look at the size of linemen.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Fisher is probably going to miss the entire season. He went down in jan. Mack won’t even be ready until July which is almost a year. Then you have to look at the size of linemen.

I agree that Fisher is probably not on Ballard's radar. IMO , he'll draft a LT and we'll go from there without a major signing.

https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news/l-a-chargers-pending-unrestricted-free-agents

From 

S.I. CHARGER REPORT

LT Sam Tevi – 27 years old, 2020 salary $640K

Tevi was a very bad right tackle for two seasons for the Bolts. He was moved to left tackle last season and in what was a bad year for the offensive line, Tevi was probably the best player on the offensive line. That being said the Chargers need to find a left tackle of the future and they might feel like Tevi is not it. He will have a market if not re-signed.

Likelihood to return- Slim

Ballard signs the two of the worse players off the chargers roster lol. If your not going to pay to upgrade the team at least sign your own FA so you don’t take a step backwards on defense. As of right now Ballard gets a F from me.

In his defense, he gave up 2 sacks in 1024 snaps at LT last year protecting the blindside of a pretty darned good rookie in Herbert. And has no durability issues which sometimes is the best ability. Plus he has starting experience at both tackle positions so there is your swing tackle depth. 

A rookie draft pick is still going to be our starter at LT this season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

In his defense, he gave up 2 sacks in 1024 snaps at LT last year protecting the blindside of a pretty darned good rookie in Herbert. And has no durability issues which sometimes is the best ability. Plus he has starting experience at both tackle positions so there is your swing tackle depth. 

Bow Down Ncaa Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

46 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Keep in mind a few years ago that OG Brandon Brooks tore his achilles in the playoffs and was starting week 1 for the Eagles the following season.  Fisher starting week 1 is possible but probably unlikely. Oct seems realistic.

"Back in the 2018 divisional playoff round against the Saints, Brooks tore his right Achilles. He rehabbed from that injury in eight months and returned to start the season opener in 2019. The 2020 season is scheduled to begin in less than three months.Not only did Brooks return to start the 2019 season, but he went on to make his third consecutive Pro Bowl and played at his highest level yet."

Edited by bertjones7
Added article quote
28 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Ballard signs the two of the worse players off the chargers roster lol. If your not going to pay to upgrade the team at least sign your own FA so you don’t take a step backwards on defense. As of right now Ballard gets a F from me.

Bless your heart.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Would he be a better backup than Le'Raven Clark?  Is it an upgrade?

He has to be.  From what I read he was moved from RT this year to be their starting LT and he was considered one of their better OL on a very bad team.  He would be playing next to Q so that’s a big plus.  We don’t need an all star.  Maybe Ballard sees another chance at a Glowinski type success.  Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

He has to be.  From what I read he was moved from RT this year to be their starting LT and he was considered one of their better OL on a very bad team.  He would be playing next to Q so that’s a big plus.  We don’t need an all star.  Maybe Ballard sees another chance at a Glowinski type success.  Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

That is how I see it

38 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Availability is the best ability.

24 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Why do you seem so against rookie LT

Why is this so hard for you to accept?

Rookies are...    rookies.   They make mistakes. 

Is that what you want protecting the blindside of Carson Wentz?   We’re trying to fix him, and resurrect him.   Why would you want him protected by a rookie at the most important position on the OL?

Irony alert!   It looks like your position is the winner right now.   Certainly the front runner.   But it’s not like there’s not an argument against this position. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why is this so hard for you to accept?

Rookies are...    rookies.   They make mistakes. 

Is that what you want protecting the blindside of Carson Wentz?   We’re trying to fix him, and resurrect him.   Why would you want him protected by a rookie at the most important position on the OL?

Irony alert!   It looks like your position is the winner right now.   Certainly the front runner.   But it’s not like there’s not an argument against this position. 

I've already explained I want a rookie from a financial standpoint. Ballard has proven he is good at drafting OL too. Some people just act like Colts are filled with bums on the line.

Why would you not want to go with the cheaper long-term option especially when its had its successes in the past.

• Like 1
Just now, danlhart87 said:

I've already explained I want a rookie from a financial standpoint. Ballard has proven he is good at drafting OL too. Some people just act like Colts are filled with bums on the line.

Why would you not want to go with the cheaper long-term option especially when its had its successes in the past.

Flexing Ncaa Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

34 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think people are a little off on LT.  We don’t need a top tier player.  AC was still really good in pass pro but was less than average v the run.  Voldheer off the couch was just fine.  With all the capital invested in the line we have other pressing needs to reach a next level.  IMO we will not be improved if we have to use our high draft picks on the Oline.

people on here are complaining the dudes a jag.  But that’s all we need at LT, a jag who is competent.