Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have signed backup OT

danlhart87

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be Jason Spriggs if not Davenport, played college ball at Indiana from Elkhart was 2nd round pick in 2016. 44 games with 9 starts, definitely hasnt lived up to draft position and not a starter but as serviceable depth piece and could grow in Colts O Line room.

32 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Doubt it, that’d be a significant signing and would probably be leaked by now. It’s likely just a depth OT.

CB knows him well from KC. He is only 30. CB is very tight-lipped and I would not be surprised.  Probably wouldn't be up to speed to start camp but could very well be ready after 3 or 4 games when Q can then return to RG.:)                                                            

34 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Eric Fisher would be a good opportunity if he can check out injury wise. He should definitely be brought in for a visit. He was playing very well last year, gave up only 3 sack and is still just 30. Plenty years left. 

He will probably miss over half the season. He tore his Achilles in Jan. Mack won’t even be ready until TC. It’s going to be close to a year before Fisher is ready to play again.

15 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

CB knows him well from KC. He is only 30. CB is very tight-lipped and I would not be surprised.  Probably wouldn't be up to speed to start camp but could very well be ready after 3 or 4 games when Q can then return to RG.:)                                                            

I doubt anyone has contacted Fisher he had an Achilles injury and the average return time is 340 days after surgery or 11 months. Since he was injured in January he most likely will miss the entire season

Anyone signing Fisher is most likely signing him to a 2-year deal.   Because that team is likely not getting much from him in 2021.  

So you’re signing him more for 2022.   That’s where his real value is.   Which makes him highly unlikely for the Colts. 

43 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He will probably miss over half the season. He tore his Achilles in Jan. Mack won’t even be ready until TC. It’s going to be close to a year before Fisher is ready to play again.

The Chiefs GM had an internal timeframe to return in mid August.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arrowheadaddict.com/2021/03/01/kc-chiefs-news-eric-fisher-injury-update-achilles-mid-august-return/amp/

As I said, I think it would be no harm to bring him in and discuss with him and his doctors to see where he is and how his rehab is going. I’d say mid October (10 months) would be the max.

15 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Nope, not Joe Haeg.

I though he was a pretty good Swiss Army knife type of player. But we let him walk for a 2.3 million. 1 year contract from the Bucs.. I have a feeling the Steelers didn't pay much more.

13 hours ago, ColtJax said:

I though he was a pretty good Swiss Army knife type of player. But we let him walk for a 2.3 million. 1 year contract from the Bucs.. I have a feeling the Steelers didn't pay much more.

We didn't let him walk for $2.3m. He wanted a chance to start, and we couldn't offer that.

On 3/20/2021 at 5:13 PM, Colt Overseas said:

The Chiefs GM had an internal timeframe to return in mid August.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arrowheadaddict.com/2021/03/01/kc-chiefs-news-eric-fisher-injury-update-achilles-mid-august-return/amp/

As I said, I think it would be no harm to bring him in and discuss with him and his doctors to see where he is and how his rehab is going. I’d say mid October (10 months) would be the max.

Also a couple of years ago, Brandon Brooks tore his achilles in January and was back starting by week 1.

On 3/20/2021 at 10:14 PM, hoosierhawk said:

Keefer didn't state the OL was a backup, Hicks stated that trying to get info out of Keefer.

So it's possible that it is a starter such as Fisher, Okung, or Villanueva?? I haven't seen anything about the status level of the player other than Hicks' post

Just now, Colts1324 said:

So it's possible that it is a starter such as Fisher, Okung, or Villanueva?? I haven't seen anything about the status level of the player other than Hicks' post

If it is a starter then I would think Fisher is the player.  Ballard knows him and they want to see if he could be ready by the start of the season.   

On 3/20/2021 at 11:40 AM, holeymoley99 said:

Could be Jason Spriggs if not Davenport, played college ball at Indiana from Elkhart was 2nd round pick in 2016. 44 games with 9 starts, definitely hasnt lived up to draft position and not a starter but as serviceable depth piece and could grow in Colts O Line room.

Spriggs is bad. No way!
Arians dumped Haeg i see. 

1 hour ago, wordofmouth said:

The weird thing is He says the Colts "have signed" . If that is the case why wouldn't they be anouncing it?

Why announce it if he might still flunk the physical?   Teams typically wait until T’s are crossed and and I’s are dotted. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Why announce it if he might still flunk the physical?   Teams typically wait until T’s are crossed and and I’s are dotted. 

I guess you're right. Maybe the only differnce bewtween this and othere anounced signings, in a couple days is it was leaked before they were done crossing said I's and T's. 

Here's to hoping it is someone who will turn out to be a possitive contributer. 

Archived