Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cowherd speculates Watson to Patriots

LJpalmbeacher2

34 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

As of today there has been no one who has come forward and filed an official complaint with HPD.  That’s not to say they are lying or are telling the truth that’s just the fact right now.  Their lawyer already has proven he is a bottom feeding lawyer when he says  “it’s not about the money” then later in the same interview says “I went to his agent to try settle this quietly” that’s contradictory. 

if the woman are telling the truth FIRE this bozo and hire a real attorney!

I can't speak as to why or why haven't these women went to the police. I do know that the burden of proof isn't as great in civil court so they may feel like they have a better chance of winning a case vs Watson there. My biggest problem with all of this is that if it were 1 person or 2 I might be able to believe that the women were just making something up. This is over 10 different women who as far as I know have nothing that ties them together other than being massage therapists who have worked with Watson. I just really find it hard to believe that that many women would make up false claims against him.

Who the women have as their attorney has no bearing on whether or not they are telling the truth. If you go that route then Deshaun must be guilty because he hired Rusty Hardin who represented Warren Moon when he was accused of beating his wife, Adrian Peterson when he beat his child, and Roger Clemens I believe during his perjury trial. So based on your thinking he must be guilty because he hired Rusty Hardin lawyer for the guilty superstar athlete. Many women don't come forward because of attitudes like yours. Perhaps these women went to other attorneys and were turned down because these types of cases are often he said/she said and not cut and dry. I really hope that these allegations aren't true but I really find it hard to believe that many women would all have corroborating stories of similar experiences with Watson and it not be the truth.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I can't speak as to why or why haven't these women went to the police. I do know that the burden of proof isn't as great in civil court so they may feel like they have a better chance of winning a case vs Watson there. My biggest problem with all of this is that if it were 1 person or 2 I might be able to believe that the women were just making something up. This is over 10 different women who as far as I know have nothing that ties them together other than being massage therapists who have worked with Watson. I just really find it hard to believe that that many women would make up false claims against him.

Who the women have as their attorney has no bearing on whether or not they are telling the truth. If you go that route then Deshaun must be guilty because he hired Rusty Hardin who represented Warren Moon when he was accused of beating his wife, Adrian Peterson when he beat his child, and Roger Clemens I believe during his perjury trial. So based on your thinking he must be guilty because he hired Rusty Hardin lawyer for the guilty superstar athlete. Many women don't come forward because of attitudes like yours. Perhaps these women went to other attorneys and were turned down because these types of cases are often he said/she said and not cut and dry. I really hope that these allegations aren't true but I really find it hard to believe that many women would all have corroborating stories of similar experiences with Watson and it not be the truth.

My point about the attorney is it weakens their case having a bozo attorney on it who looks like he is grand standing and looking for his payday.  Has no bearing on how truthful they are but their attorney does hold weight with either the jury or judge in the civil suit. (Yes in a civil case you can request a jury I say on one)  He is just awful!!! 

I will not really speak about the woman since I have not seen or even heard much of what they are saying happened.. that’s not my job thankfully.. but I can bash their terrible choice in lawyers. Lol

1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

My point about the attorney is it weakens their case having a bozo attorney on it who looks like he is grand standing and looking for his payday.  Has no bearing on how truthful they are but their attorney does hold weight with either the jury or judge in the civil suit. (Yes in a civil case you can request a jury I say on one)  He is just awful!!! 

I will not really speak about the woman since I have not seen or even heard much of what they are saying happened.. that’s not my job thankfully.. but I can bash their terrible choice in lawyers. Lol

Why are you only bashing their lawyer? Why not go after Watson for his choice in legal counsel? He went with an attorney who on multiple occasions has represented guilty athletes? His attorney represented Adrian Peterson when he beat a little child with switches. What kind of moral compass does Rusty Hardin have? If you are going to be critical be critical both ways. Why didn't you say Watson must have something to hide because he hired Rusty Hardin who tries to get guilty athletes out of trouble? 

8 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Why are you only bashing their lawyer? Why not go after Watson for his choice in legal counsel? He went with an attorney who on multiple occasions has represented guilty athletes? His attorney represented Adrian Peterson when he beat a little child with switches. What kind of moral compass does Rusty Hardin have? If you are going to be critical be critical both ways. Why didn't you say Watson must have something to hide because he hired Rusty Hardin who tries to get guilty athletes out of trouble? 

I am bashing their counsel because he has ALREADY lied in THIS case.  Again the man said it wasn’t about money and in the same interview said they tried to resolve this without going public but Watson agent treated him bad. You see those statements are opposite. If it wasn’t about money then he never would have tried to settle without their voices being heard.  So again they have a bottom feeding low life lawyer.  His lawyer has experience, and umm Peterson never denied hitting the boy with the stick.  (Also that was old school parenting I have friends raised that way)

2 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I am bashing their counsel because he has ALREADY lied in THIS case.  Again the man said it wasn’t about money and in the same interview said they tried to resolve this without going public but Watson agent treated him bad. You see those statements are opposite. If it wasn’t about money then he never would have tried to settle without their voices being heard.  So again they have a bottom feeding low life lawyer.  His lawyer has experience, and umm Peterson never denied hitting the boy with the stick.  (Also that was old school parenting I have friends raised that way)

Did you ever take even a second to think that perhaps the victims didn't want this to go public? If the accusations are true then these women experienced sexual assault and harassment to varying degrees. You know that when everything is tried in open court these women's names are going to be public record. You act like you know the whole story and you don't. To say they have a bottom feeding low life lawyer is just unfair. People like you who shame victims and call them money grabbers are the reason most victims never go public. Would you want your entire life scrutinized and torn apart for the world to see? We are living in 2021 it is time for us to start believing victims. We are now approaching 20 women who have come forward with similar claims against Deshaun Watson when is that going to sink in?

As far as your old school parenting comment that is just a bunch of nonsense! For any grown man, let alone a professional athlete like Adrian Peterson to BEAT  a 4 year old child with a switch to the point of leaving cuts and bruises all over the boys body including his back, buttocks, and scrotum is nothing more than CHILD ABUSE! I'm not saying that a parent shouldn't discipline a child but to say it is "old school parenting" is nothing more than justifying CHILD ABUSE. It's time to come out of the dark ages!

19 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

While I don’t disagree, I would caution to jumping to conclusions on the validity of these claims or motivations until more evidence comes out one way or the other. But generally speaking, when there’s smoke, there’s generally fire. Or at the minimum, something hot enough to make it smoke. This lawyer guy can be an ambulance chaser and sounds like he is, but that doesn’t mean the ambulance wasn’t legit. 

49 minutes ago, csmopar said:

While I don’t disagree, I would caution to jumping to conclusions on the validity of these claims or motivations until more evidence comes out one way or the other. But generally speaking, when there’s smoke, there’s generally fire. Or at the minimum, something hot enough to make it smoke. This lawyer guy can be an ambulance chaser and sounds like he is, but that doesn’t mean the ambulance wasn’t legit. 

emergency ambulance GIF

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Did you ever take even a second to think that perhaps the victims didn't want this to go public? If the accusations are true then these women experienced sexual assault and harassment to varying degrees. You know that when everything is tried in open court these women's names are going to be public record. You act like you know the whole story and you don't. To say they have a bottom feeding low life lawyer is just unfair. People like you who shame victims and call them money grabbers are the reason most victims never go public. Would you want your entire life scrutinized and torn apart for the world to see? We are living in 2021 it is time for us to start believing victims. We are now approaching 20 women who have come forward with similar claims against Deshaun Watson when is that going to sink in?

As far as your old school parenting comment that is just a bunch of nonsense! For any grown man, let alone a professional athlete like Adrian Peterson to BEAT  a 4 year old child with a switch to the point of leaving cuts and bruises all over the boys body including his back, buttocks, and scrotum is nothing more than CHILD ABUSE! I'm not saying that a parent shouldn't discipline a child but to say it is "old school parenting" is nothing more than justifying CHILD ABUSE. It's time to come out of the dark ages!

Hey Mel, off topic but are we taking a LT at #21 Say What Golden State Warriors GIF by ESPN

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hey Mel, off topic but are we taking a LT at #21 Say What Golden State Warriors GIF by ESPN

Believe me, I would much rather talk about football and not sexual misconduct allegations against Deshaun Watson. I think LT is a strong possibility for the Colts at 21. I wouldn't be surprised though if they didn't trade back and try to pick up a 3rd rounder to make up for the one they gave up in the Wentz trade.

3 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Believe me, I would much rather talk about football and not sexual misconduct allegations against Deshaun Watson. I think LT is a strong possibility for the Colts at 21. I wouldn't be surprised though if they didn't trade back and try to pick up a 3rd rounder to make up for the one they gave up in the Wentz trade.

I hear ya regarding Watson. I still have my doubts Watson did anything real bad, I need to see concrete proof for me to really believe what is going on. The amount of women coming forward looks bad though, can't deny that.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hear ya regarding Watson. I still have my doubts Watson did anything real bad, I need to see concrete proof for me to really believe what is going on. The amount of women coming forward looks bad though, can't deny that.

The more I think about this situation, the more I find it hard to believe Watson. He works for an NFL team. He has access to the best trainers and massage therapists in the country. Why on earth is he going on social media to find one? It just seems kind of fishy to me. I really hope that the accusations aren't true but it is getting harder and harder not to believe them. If there is any truth to them then he should be suspended for at least a season if not more depending on what exactly is true. If all the accusations are true and he has mistreated this many women then there is a very good chance that we have seen the last of Deshaun Watson as an NFL player.

4 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

The more I think about this situation, the more I find it hard to believe Watson. He works for an NFL team. He has access to the best trainers and massage therapists in the country. Why on earth is he going on social media to find one? It just seems kind of fishy to me. I really hope that the accusations aren't true but it is getting harder and harder not to believe them. If there is any truth to them then he should be suspended for at least a season if not more depending on what exactly is true. If all the accusations are true and he has mistreated this many women then there is a very good chance that we have seen the last of Deshaun Watson as an NFL player.

We will find out soon, he is in hot water I agree. When this story first came out I didn't think this many women would come out. I was thinking ok, maybe 1 or 2 for a possible money grab but this has turned into a circus.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I am NOT saying their claims are false just that their attorney is only going to hurt them in court especially with a jury.   As I said before I don’t even know what they are saying happened and with no facts or evidence im not going say one way or the other. That’s up to a jury or judge to decide.

I think something these reporters and experts keep forgetting is that Watson has a no trade clause in his contract. He has to approve any team the Texans try to trade him to. Patriots were not on that list. Im sure there is some play in his list if he wants to get out, but it speaks loudly that Matt Stafford said he would take any team but the Patriots to be traded to. Many of these reporters said Watson to the Eagles. I find that hard to believe cause its just as bad a situation as the Texans. Watson has all the leverage on this situation. He has the Texans by the nuggets. This is a lesson learned to all teams to not put in a no trade clause in the deal. 

3 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

I think something these reporters and experts keep forgetting is that Watson has a no trade clause in his contract. He has to approve any team the Texans try to trade him to. Patriots were not on that list. Im sure there is some play in his list if he wants to get out, but it speaks loudly that Matt Stafford said he would take any team but the Patriots to be traded to. Many of these reporters said Watson to the Eagles. I find that hard to believe cause its just as bad a situation as the Texans. Watson has all the leverage on this situation. He has the Texans by the nuggets. This is a lesson learned to all teams to not put in a no trade clause in the deal. 

I’m not a fan of the no trade clause but it’s far better than the player option out the NBA uses.

Here is a list of the current lawsuits against Deshaun Watson. If the claims in these lawsuits are true Mr. Watson will never play in the NFL again.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31113664/summary-lawsuits-deshaun-watson

Lol no he will have to go to some “facility” to learn proper behavior and be welcome back into the NFL after 1 year tops.. because he is a top tier QB.. mind you that’s if any charges are ever filed and there is any sort of proof. (They all are a he said she said thing it appears.)  

Here is a list of the current lawsuits against Deshaun Watson. If the claims in these lawsuits are true Mr. Watson will never play in the NFL again.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31113664/summary-lawsuits-deshaun-watson

Pretty hard to ignore that much smoke......and most all of them...the same theme......

7 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Lol no he will have to go to some “facility” to learn proper behavior and be welcome back into the NFL after 1 year tops.. because he is a top tier QB.. mind you that’s if any charges are ever filed and there is any sort of proof. (They all are a he said she said thing it appears.)  

I don't know if in today's #metoo culture if he will ever play another down in the NFL. This really is a disgusting situation for all parties involved.

2 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I don't know if in today's #metoo culture if he will ever play another down in the NFL. This really is a disgusting situation for all parties involved.

Definitely not in Houston which sucks for the Texans because they will get pennies on the dollar.   What’s truly sad is we will never really know the truth. 

On 3/22/2021 at 9:10 PM, JimJaime said:

As of today there has been no one who has come forward and filed an official complaint with HPD.  That’s not to say they are lying or are telling the truth that’s just the fact right now.  Their lawyer already has proven he is a bottom feeding lawyer when he says  “it’s not about the money” then later in the same interview says “I went to his agent to try settle this quietly” that’s contradictory. 

if the woman are telling the truth FIRE this bozo and hire a real attorney!

Many women don't got to the police when they are violated. Also, Watson made many of them sign NDAs.

On 3/24/2021 at 10:42 AM, FortheWin said:

Many women don't got to the police when they are violated. Also, Watson made many of them sign NDAs.

NDA do not and can not cover anything illegal.  Also I would think 1 out of 22 would come forward I think the stay is only 1 in 10 woman come forward to the police.  Again not saying they are lying just that it’s odd so many claim it happened but not one came forward to the police when it happened.

On 3/23/2021 at 10:19 AM, DeathByEagle said:

Right now any Watson trade is dead period no team is touching him right now unless the Texans want a 7th for him.   Secondly Stanford said that BEFORE the Pats wild spending spree to improve the Offense. Oh and most importantly the Pats were never interested in Stafford. 

26 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Right now any Watson trade is dead period no team is touching him right now unless the Texans want a 7th for him.   Secondly Stanford said that BEFORE the Pats wild spending spree to improve the Offense. Oh and most importantly the Pats were never interested in Stafford. 

Watson wants to go to Miami but I doubt Texans trade him there.  Carolina is offering a huge haul as well. 

That being said, I think Watson may be out of football for some time.

On 3/23/2021 at 9:35 AM, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

This 100%. I do not understand at all why he's put himself in that position. It makes no sense unless you consider ulterior motives. It's more than just kind of fishy. Even as am amateur/semi-pro athlete I used a proper Sports Medicine Clinic. Granted, the world is different now. Personally after a period of time I did arrange home visits for massage sessions and today that is a much more common practice. But, it was with a therapist I was already established with who would do that to fill any gaps in his schedule at the clinic.

In terms of the social media aspect of this, again it's a much more common and accepted means of arranging things in today's culture. I mean take Facebook Marketplace for example. But in this instance, we are talking about a professional athlete with some very bright lights shining on him who as you mentioned, has almost unlimited resources at his disposal. That's what makes it seem very odd to me.

On 3/23/2021 at 7:53 AM, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Did you ever take even a second to think that perhaps the victims didn't want this to go public? If the accusations are true then these women experienced sexual assault and harassment to varying degrees. You know that when everything is tried in open court these women's names are going to be public record. You act like you know the whole story and you don't.

It is like a doctor-patient room environment. You can have a camera outside the building, inside at the desk and reception area but I am sure there are rules regarding not having cameras inside where the massage is actually going on. Such an environment is conducive to "he said she said" and just like any other "he said she said" situations, there are people who are going to side with both sides.

On 4/1/2021 at 6:40 PM, JoeThornburg said:

This 100%. I do not understand at all why he's put himself in that position. It makes no sense unless you consider ulterior motives. It's more than just kind of fishy. Even as am amateur/semi-pro athlete I used a proper Sports Medicine Clinic. Granted, the world is different now. Personally after a period of time I did arrange home visits for massage sessions and today that is a much more common practice. But, it was with a therapist I was already established with who would do that to fill any gaps in his schedule at the clinic.

In terms of the social media aspect of this, again it's a much more common and accepted means of arranging things in today's culture. I mean take Facebook Marketplace for example. But in this instance, we are talking about a professional athlete with some very bright lights shining on him who as you mentioned, has almost unlimited resources at his disposal. That's what makes it seem very odd to me.

The #1 question that comes to everyone's mind in this situation. 

It seems like there are obvious premeditative qualities to his actions.  How he arranges sessions and a desire for privacy as part of the arrangement.  A plan and execution thereof.   

Still confused about Cowherd's speculation.  Maybe he believes NE is looking for a GM consultant since HOU hired Caserio, thereby the interest in Watson.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Nike suspends deal with Watson, Beats By Dre yanks deal.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31208850/nike-suspends-sponsorship-deshaun-watson-amid-sexual-assault-allegations

Lots of monetary hurt coming Watson's way.

Yup. This has gotten far beyond ugly and is only gonna get worse. And if the allegations are true, Watson has no one to blame but himself. 

1 hour ago, Qwiz said:

Yup. This has gotten far beyond ugly and is only gonna get worse. And if the allegations are true, Watson has no one to blame but himself. 

I also do not agree with the Texas court judge forcing the women to reveal the identities despite seeing the death threats the other woman got. How many death threats did Watson really get? It is apples to oranges, what the big guy has to go through vs these women. 

There has to be a middle ground where their identities are revealed to the court and the lawyers and jury but not to the entire public. Even if you are on Watson's side, you can tell that is not fair to the women for safety reasons. Did the Texas courts have this kind of uproar while the former POTUS used twitter to rally his "troops"? Facebook and Twitter did but not the Texas courts. So, what is wrong with Buzbee using social media? Everyone does it nowadays, to gain public opinion. Maybe Buzbee was right to question the fairness of the Houston PD and court system to begin with. 

For a judge to use that as an excuse to force women to go through what they are going through is shameful on that judge's part. If I were Buzbee, I would fight it in the Texas Supreme Court and the ultimate Supreme Court to show there is not enough merit or precedent for such public identity reveal in a sexual assault case. Then people wonder why more women don't come forward.

#endofrant

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I also do not agree with the Texas court judge forcing the women to reveal the identities despite seeing the death threats the other woman got. How many death threats did Watson really get? It is apples to oranges, what the big guy has to go through vs these women. 

There has to be a middle ground where their identities are revealed to the court and the lawyers and jury but not to the entire public. Even if you are on Watson's side, you can tell that is not fair to the women for safety reasons. Did the Texas courts have this kind of uproar while the former POTUS used twitter to rally his "troops"? Facebook and Twitter did but not the Texas courts. So, what is wrong with Buzbee using social media? Everyone does it nowadays, to gain public opinion. Maybe Buzbee was right to question the fairness of the Houston PD and court system to begin with. 

For a judge to use that as an excuse to force women to go through what they are going through is shameful on that judge's part. If I were Buzbee, I would fight it in the Texas Supreme Court and the ultimate Supreme Court to show there is not enough merit or precedent for such public identity reveal in a sexual assault case. Then people wonder why more women don't come forward.

#endofrant

Yup I agree with all of this. This is the exact reason many sexual abuse victims do not come forward. I don’t believe that any victim should ever be forced to reveal their identity to the general public for reasons that should be painfully obvious. Professional athletes have the means to keep themselves safe and protected from the sick people who issue death threats. Regular citizens are far more likely to have to deal with the public scorn and potentially sinister intentions up close. 

Some of the recent posts remind me of a comedian back in the 1970's Flip Wilson, who used a catchphrase "The Devil made me do it".  He built a whole routine around the concept of a person or people blaming another (usually someone in authority) for their own bad acts.  It was funny then, because that was back when people made fun of a person like that instead of supporting the concept.

It will be interesting to see the outcome of the legal battles. 

I can't see a team trading much for him during this time.  It doesn't seem to be getting better.

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I can't see a team trading much for him during this time.  It doesn't seem to be getting better.

No team in their right mind would trade for Watson. I’d bet money the Texans will out right cut Watson, sooner or later. 

Months ago he demands a trade and now that he’s in deep doo-doo, you think the Texan’s want to deal with mess. Hell No! 

Archived