Cowherd speculates Watson to Patriots

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fully support Cam Newton on Texans. 

Here is a list of the current lawsuits against Deshaun Watson. If the claims in these lawsuits are true Mr. Watson will never play in the NFL again.   https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/311

With the now 22 different women all coming forward in Watson, his career may not continue for a while, it’s possible he’s looking at fines, suspension or even jail time if enough of these are proven t

OMG a lot of speculation but if he did this fans of the Jets, Dolphins and Bills may start jumping from buildings lol.  I think it’s a long shot but anything is possible I guess.

41 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

OMG a lot of speculation but if he did this fans of the Jets, Dolphins and Bills may start jumping from buildings lol.  I think it’s a long shot but anything is possible I guess.

Not just fans of the Jets, dolphins, and Bills,  BUT the entire AFC may be looking up once again to the Pat's. 

17 minutes ago, life long said:

Maybe he would be part of the trade.

That could be interesting.

And oops, I meant re-signed, but maybe Cam would be fine with resigning also.

12 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Well that'd be awkward seeing Cam Newton on the bench after he just resigned.

But if they got Watson it would happen or Cam would be traded since he isn't a back up QB and doesn't intend to be one. I think Cam will have a great year with all of the receivers and tight ends that have been added and the return of a great player at OT. I see the Patriots winning that division and making noise in the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

But if they got Watson it would happen or Cam would be traded since he isn't a back up QB and doesn't intend to be one. I think Cam will have a great year with all of the receivers and tight ends that have been added and the return of a great player at OT. I see the Patriots winning that division and making noise in the playoffs.

Can is promised nothing! He is getting paid good Backup money that’s it. He is guaranteed only 5 million. 

Just now, JimJaime said:

Can is promised nothing! He is getting paid good Backup money that’s it. He is guaranteed only 5 million. 

So what? Unless they get Watson or Wilson, they are not getting a QB who can beat out Cam. He has a great year and he signs a very big contract. That is what I expect to happen. I think they make the playoffs with no problem.

30 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

So what? Unless they get Watson or Wilson, they are not getting a QB who can beat out Cam. He has a great year and he signs a very big contract. That is what I expect to happen. I think they make the playoffs with no problem.

I think they trade up and draft one of the top 5 QBs who will challenge and IMO win the job this year.  The weapons were not the reason he couldn’t read a D or throw the ball way to high or low or my favorite stand there when a blitz is coming and take a sack.  

24 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

I don't think there is any way BB pays the price for Watson or Wilson. That would destroy a team for years. 

He is 68 he wants win now to prove it wasn’t Brady.

I don't think there is any way BB pays the price for Watson or Wilson. That would destroy a team for years. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I think they trade up and draft one of the top 5 QBs who will challenge and IMO win the job this year.  The weapons were not the reason he couldn’t read a D or throw the ball way to high or low or my favorite stand there when a blitz is coming and take a sack.  

There is no way BB starts a rookie nor will he pay the price to move up. He is more likely to take a QB on the second or third round if he takes one at all.

20 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

With the now 22 different women all coming forward in Watson, his career may not continue for a while, it’s possible he’s looking at fines, suspension or even jail time if enough of these are proven true.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, csmopar said:

With the now 22 different women all coming forward in Watson, his career may not continue for a while, it’s possible he’s looking at fines, suspension or even jail time if enough of these are proven true.

Yeah..... the Texans may wind up giving the Patriots compensation to take Watson. Lol

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yeah..... the Texans may wind up giving the Patriots compensation to take Watson. Lol

Wouldn’t that be the most Texans thing ever haha

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

There is no way BB starts a rookie nor will he pay the price to move up. He is more likely to take a QB on the second or third round if he takes one at all.

Lol look how many players they have already on the 90 man roster (84) they have 10 picks and oh ya they love their UDFA.. he is going move up and take IMO Mac Jones or Fields.

11 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Lol look how many players they have already on the 90 man roster (84) they have 10 picks and oh ya they love their UDFA.. he is going move up and take IMO Mac Jones or Fields.

They certainly aren't going to take Watson since he will probably be suspended. I don't think that will happen. More likely to take a a QB in the 2nd to 4th round. BB has no record of taking QBs with high draft picks.

They certainly aren't going to take Watson since he will probably be suspended. I don't think that will happen. More likely to take a a QB in the 2nd to 4th round. BB has no record of taking QBs with high draft picks.

True, but since he been with NE he had Bledsoe, drafted Brady in the 6th round, replaced Bledsoe.  So he hasn’t had a NEED to draft a QB high he had the GOAT and a boarder line HOFer (in Pats HOF)playing for him.

If I had to guess, I’d say Watson’s charges will be dropped (maybe not before the draft), and Watson will end up being traded to Carolina.  Carolina will get him cheaper than anyone would have imagined a week ago.  But Houston will get that #8 pick where they can target either Lance or Jones.

6 minutes ago, Archer said:

If I had to guess, I’d say Watson’s charges will be dropped (maybe not before the draft), and Watson will end up being traded to Carolina.  Carolina will get him cheaper than anyone would have imagined a week ago.  But Houston will get that #8 pick where they can target either Lance or Jones.

It’s not even a criminal matter. Only a civil case. No charges have been filed. Houston police say nothing has been turned over. The entire thing seems like a fraud.

37 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s not even a criminal matter. Only a civil case. No charges have been filed. Houston police say nothing has been turned over. The entire thing seems like a fraud.

The cases will be dropped...

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I think we are up to ten women filing suits. I doubt they are discharged.

4 hours ago, Archer said:

He isn’t facing any charges now. All civil lawsuits. Per 98.5 sports hub as of this morning the Houston PD has not heard from these woman’s attorney and there is no ongoing investigation.

I don’t know about the woman but their lawyer screams ambulance and 15 minutes of fame chaser.

Pallo speculates Watson to 49’ers.  Colts part of a three team trade sending their 1st  rd. pick to the Texans.  Colts receive McGlinchey in return along with a compensatory 3rd. Rd. picked  from the 49er’s. 

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Pallo speculates Watson to 49’ers.  Colts part of a three team trade sending their 1st  rd. pick to the Texans.  Colts receive McGlinchey in return along with a compensatory 3rd. Rd. picked  from the 49er’s. 

I don't personally want another lineman about to get over $10-$15 mil per year + trading away capital. Would much rather have A. Villanueva from Pittsburg

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Wouldn’t a better trade for them be this:

SF Gets Watson

Pats Get Jimmy G and SF 2nd round pick

Texans get SF 1st round pick (12) and Pats 1st round pick (15) along with a Pats 4th and a SF 4th..

more than enough trade capital move up get a new franchise QB OR  do as faster rebuild around Taylor.

7 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

SF Gets Watson

Texans get SF 1st round pick (12) and Pats 1st round pick (15) along with a Pats 4th and a SF 4th..

more than enough trade capital move up get a new franchise QB OR  do as faster rebuild around Taylor.

If the Pats got Jimmy G back that would be an upgrade over Cam IMO.

• Like 1

My gut has been telling me this for a while.  HopeI’m wrong.

Could explain the aggressive FA too since they would have to give up their picks in the trade.

If this isnt the plan, i expect NE to move up for a QB.

They didnt get that aggressive in FA for Cam to lead.

On a side note, can they realistically afford him after all the moves?

On 3/19/2021 at 11:45 AM, Thebrashandthebold said:

Not this time.

8 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

My gut has been telling me this for a while.  HopeI’m wrong.

Could explain the aggressive FA too since they would have to give up their picks in the trade.

If this isnt the plan, i expect NE to move up for a QB.

They didnt get that aggressive in FA for Cam to lead.

On a side note, can they realistically afford him after all the moves?

The cap confuses the hell out of me, I am sure they can arrange things around so they can afford him. 

10 hours ago, JimJaime said:

SF Gets Watson

That's works.  They can still trade McGlinchey to us and recoup a 1st.  

With as many women as have come forward against Deshaun Watson I won't be surprised at all if his playing career is over. If the allegations are true this is a man with serious issues and he will be gone faster than you can say "Ray Rice". I hope that the accusations aren't true, but I find it hard to believe that this many women would come forward if there wasn't some truth to what they are saying. I know these issues are far more serious than NFL football but I bet the Texans wish they would have made a trade back when Deshaun initially asked for it. If he plays in the NFL again there is almost no way it could be for the Texans.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

With as many women as have come forward against Deshaun Watson I won't be surprised at all if his playing career is over. If the allegations are true this is a man with serious issues and he will be gone faster than you can say "Ray Rice". I hope that the accusations aren't true, but I find it hard to believe that this many women would come forward if there wasn't some truth to what they are saying. I know these issues are far more serious than NFL football but I bet the Texans wish they would have made a trade back when Deshaun initially asked for it. If he plays in the NFL again there is almost no way it could be for the Texans.

As of today there has been no one who has come forward and filed an official complaint with HPD.  That’s not to say they are lying or are telling the truth that’s just the fact right now.  Their lawyer already has proven he is a bottom feeding lawyer when he says  “it’s not about the money” then later in the same interview says “I went to his agent to try settle this quietly” that’s contradictory. 

if the woman are telling the truth FIRE this bozo and hire a real attorney!

• Like 1