Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB 1

TimetobringDfence!

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

Colts ultra conservative FA mindset. Would be nice but I highly doubt it.

So is a "ultra conservative FA mindset" a nice way of saying colts are thrifty? Lol

Because we play a soft scheme often, I can live without a Top corner even though in a passing league I think corners are important. 

I do however think resources should be spent on top TE & WR.

11 hours ago, Superman said:

From this list, the guys who meet the apparent length ideal for the Colts, or close to it (33", typically): 

Rhodes (obviously), 33 1/4

Kyle Fuller, 32 7/8

Artie Burns, 33 1/4

Quinton Dunbar, 32 5/8

Kevin King, 32 (he's 6'3", so maybe that helps bridge the gap?)

Richard Sherman, 32 (also 6'3")

Edit: By the way, has not missed a game since 2016, when he had a weird saga with a knee injury and missed the entire season. In fact, other than that season, he's never missed a game. I felt like the Colts made a point of adding players with a good record of not missing games due to injury in 2020. 

I might be a little critical on how quick we sign a guy. I just honestly feel it's the weakest position group on the team. And I know we need vets there because drafted corners take time to develop, more time than any position in the game. Thanks for the list. The Mack signing got to me a bit. I respect the guy and think hes great. I was shocked we added him to are already deep and cheap backfield. 

Ive actually never thought much about it until now, but I actually wouldn't mind adding a Richard Sherman. 

Very intelligent veteran, who I'm sure would absolutely be a huge help for our young corners (Ya Sin, Tell, Rodgers). 

I think he can still play too. Not the absolute lockdown guy he was, but hes a ball playing zone corner. Considering how much zone we play, I think he'd be fine here.

That said he'd be my backup option to Rhodes and Fuller obviously. 

3 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I might be a little critical on how quick we sign a guy. I just honestly feel it's the weakest position group on the team. And I know we need vets there because drafted corners take time to develop, more time than any position in the game. Thanks for the list. The Mack signing got to me a bit. I respect the guy and think hes great. I was shocked we added him to are already deep and cheap backfield. 

I think they're waiting for Rhodes, and the more time passes, the more likely it seems that he stays. 

Seems like Fuller wants big money. Reports say the Bears approached him about a pay cut (his cap hit would have been $20m in 2021), but he preferred to test the market. So he's not looking for a cheap contract, he's looking to get paid. 

But if one of those other guys is more affordable, I would like to see us add to the stable. Doesn't seem like the Colts are in a big rush, though.

23 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Really? I think he is going to be a very solid player. He's raw, but has a high ceiling. Will agree tho that his floor is definitely lower than others that will be available at No. 21

I mean, he’s not a scrub obviously. I just don’t see it. You know sometimes players jump off the screen and he doesn’t do that for me. But this class in general, as stacked as it is, doesn’t have a lot of very good edge rushing prospects. Kwity page impresses me the most. Wouldn’t mind him. The players that jump out to me in this draft the colts could possibly attain are owosu-kormoah, darrisaw, paye, or horn. Would be very very happy with any one of those players. I trust Ballard though 100%. He has a very keen eye for noticing talent. 

23 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Jeremiah is pretty small will most likely need to bulk up or move to Safety in NFL

Rousseau is raw but certainly has potential if he reaches his ceiling.

Yes, true. But owosu-koramaoh reminds me a lot like Darius Leonard. Small in stature compared to other line backs but hits hard, great tackling form, and is FAST. He’s not as lengthy as Darius which concerns me but I think he would be a massive upgrade over okereke. Okereke showed flashes his rookie year but he had a significant drop off last year. Realistically, colts will probably be drafting Christian darrisaw, Jaycee horn, or Gregory Rousseau. Would love to see if kwity paye is still available and Rousseau is who they take. I trust Ballard so I know he’s going to make the right choice in who he drafts. Hasn’t given me a real reason to think he won’t. 

Archived