Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are re-signing RB Marlon Mack

• MTC changed the title to Colts are re-signing RB Marlon Mack

This is perfect for him to get some carries and prove he is healthy. It brings me joy to see him in a colts uniform for another season. This was the logical move after that injuries.

• Like 1

Didn’t think they’d bring him back since didn’t see the need really.  Maybe a reward for his previous cheap years by giving a parting 2 million and a rehab season before he finds greener pastures

• Like 1

I'm not all that surprised he is back given his injury.

It's a major injury and I hope he can bounce back and play at a high level. Not only for the Colts but for Mack too. I know it will not be in Indy, if he does bounce back, but I really hope he gets a big contract next offseason. He deserve it. 

If the RB group can stay healthy it is going to be really fun to watch.

• Like 1

Great to see this. I hope he is healed with no lingering issues. If Wentz is above average it could be a good time had by all. Now we watch the draft after today's signings.

This is great news all around. Gives him a year to get back into it and show what he can do without him necessarily having to carry the load.

I'd quite like Hooker to do something similar as well.

1 hour ago, MarquisJ said:

Colts with the best runningback room in football and I don’t think it’s close.

I think the Browns may have an argument for the best 1-2 punch duo. But, with Taylor, Mack, Hines, and Wilkins that's a pretty solid stable.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nate! said:

Didn’t think they’d bring him back since didn’t see the need really.  Maybe a reward for his previous cheap years by giving a parting 2 million and a rehab season before he finds greener pastures

True. If anything Mack deserves this.

He kept his mouth shut, didn’t hold out, and showed up to work on his final year of a cheap contract. Can’t say that about a lot of these players now.

Then his unfortunate injury. I hope he comes back and plays well for his own pride.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

He kept his mouth shut, didn’t hold out, and showed up to work on his final year of a cheap contract.

I believe they did try to extend him last year, but could not reach an agreement.  Unfortunately Mack probably lost a good bit of money by not taking it

I'm glad he's back. He's a playmaker. Wish he was getting more money, he deserves to be rewarded.

Maybe in 2022 he'll get a better contract for himself and his family. 

Our backfield is solid and the best unit on team. 

After the season ending press conference and other media events, Ballard told us that he wanted to bring Mack back. It’s really not hard to read between the lines on what he tells us. He has even said, that it’s easy to read between the lines on the things he says. 

What an incredible backfield for the Colts, especially if Mack can return to original form from his injury. 

Taylor, Mack, Hines, and Wilkins. That’s just amazing. 

We know that injuries will happen and we need to be strong in the playoffs. This move just provided us the depth we need to excel at the time when it will matter the most. 

Mack at 2 million for a year? Outstanding job by Chris Ballard! And my hats off to Mack for being a team player!

By the way, I have met Mack (when he was a rookie) and he is a great dude. I’m very happy to have him back on a deal that makes sense for the Colts. Just a superb job from both camps. Well done!

Makes sense for both sides.  If Mack can return to pre-injury form the backfield of Mack, Taylor, and Hines might be the best in the NFL and with this offensive line (assuming they find a good tackle in the draft) is going to win this team a lot of games.  

Only 2mil for a great team guy and a great RB if he gets back to where he was? Yes please! Great job Ballard.

As a side note, I would bet that his attitude toward mentoring JT this last season really raises him in the FO’s eyes, and I’ll bet it’s part of the reason they resigned him

Called this in the other thread, and phenomenal re-sign.

Helps keep miles off Taylor, allows Mack to slowly get back to form if needed and more attractive for a bigger contract next year, and likely allows for some two back sets that will allow Hines or Taylor to be more dangerous in the passing game (if not even line up at slot). 

Great guy, and I love having him back.

Now lets go get a short and cheap contract with Hooker. 

• Like 3