Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Great move by Colts today

lennymoore24

By letting Jacoby Brissett walk into free agency and signed by the Dolphins is one of the happiness days of my life as a Colts fan.  Jacoby is probably the most annoying QB I have ever watched the Colts start and remember I have see Art Schlichter  play on the Colts.  Big, strong guy who seems like a great job.  Big arm but could rarely complete a long pass.  Would checkdown most of the time.  Wasn't very fast in the pocket.  Slow processing and was one of the worst QBs I have ever seen the Colts start.  I am so happy he is on another team.  What a happy, happy, happy day!

3 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

By letting Jacoby Brissett walk into free agency and signed by the Dolphins is one of the happiness days of my life as a Colts fan.  Jacoby is probably the most annoying QB I have ever watched the Colts start and remember I have see Art Schlichter  play on the Colts.  Big, strong guy who seems like a great job.  Big arm but could rarely complete a long pass.  Would checkdown most of the time.  Wasn't very fast in the pocket.  Slow processing and was one of the worst QBs I have ever seen the Colts start.  I am so happy he is on another team.  What a happy, happy, happy day!

You aren't gonna get very many likes on this. 

50 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

this is direspectful af. and tbh it makes me mad. 7 was never anything other than a class act. Let it go. 

18 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

this is direspectful af. and tbh it makes me mad. 7 was never anything other than a class act. Let it go. 

I don't get the hate for JB either. He was thrown to the wolves in 2017 with a poor roster and was beat up that season. In 2019 he was supposed to be Luck's backup but got thrown in as starter, he still went 7-7 in games he started and finished and before his injury had a 5-2 record with a 14TD/3INT ratio. He was loved by the locker room and is known by the Colts organization as a great leader. Off the field he was a great citizen in the city of Indianapolis. As a backup it was actually entertaining to see him come in on 3rd and 1's and 4th and 1's. He did that 17 times and converted on 9 of those = 53% success rate. 

Just because he wasn't a franchise QB doesn't mean he sucked, so what, many QB's are not franchise QB's. I have been a Colts fan since 1984 and QB's like Art Schlicter, Mike Pagel, Jeff George who was a complete bust here and because of his potential and hype was by far the most "annoying QB" we have ever had, Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky, and Scott Tolzien - all were worse than JB. 

This OP hates JB so this thread doesn't surprise me, it is just strange how anyone can hate this guy?? By the way the Dolphins gave him 5 Mill guaranteed and with incentives he could make 7.5 Mill so apparently Miami doesn't think he sucks. I wish JB the best, he is not a franchise QB but who cares, we moved on once we signed Rivers and now Wentz.

2 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

Just why would you take anything Brissett did or didn't do personal? 

Sorry, it makes no sense to me at all. 

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just why would you take anything Brissett did or didn't do personal? 

Sorry, it makes no sense to me at all. 

type of person to take everything personal. mods should lock this hes gonna get flamed all night/morning.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Sure he wasn't a great starter, but this is beating a dead horse... 

He worked hard, did what was asked, and was a good teammate and representative of Indy. I was critical of his performance on the field, but I appreciated him nonetheless. 

This.

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

And this.

I never really understand slating players who don't play very well. If a guy is an *, doesn't work hard, disrespects teammates or fans, etc. then I can understand throwing some hate his way. Brissett was and is an incredible professional, and dealt with a series of difficult situations much better than many of us would have. He gave his all for the Colts and he should be respected and appreciated for that, whatever his on-field performance.

And let's not forget how he started the season before last. He's not a franchise QB but he looked decent though the first half of the season and led the team to 5-2 before he got injured.

Archived