Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The trash media circus continues:

“Carson Wentz Says It Wasn’t Fun With Philly Before Trade”

Look at the headline from Mike Wells... dear god... 

Carson: “I’d like to have a fresh start and move on. The past is in the past.”

Trash media: cArSoN wEnTz DiDn’T hAvE fUn In PhIlLy...

Wentz actually said it wasn’t fun being benched. Some media is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The trash media circus continues:

“Carson Wentz Says It Wasn’t Fun With Philly Before Trade”

Look at the headline from Mike Wells... dear god... 

Carson: “I’d like to have a fresh start and move on. The past is in the past.”

Trash media: cArSoN wEnTz DiDn’T hAvE fUn In PhIlLy...

Stellar interview on Pat McAfee’s show with Carson today. As someone who was worried about how thick his skin is and how much criticism he can take, it was awesome to watch. Was able to joke around and take it all in stride. Pat was openly critical in the past and brought that up on the show.

Sorry I don’t have a link.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, CamMo said:

Stellar interview on Pat McAfee’s show with Carson today. As someone who was worried about how thick his skin is and how much criticism he can take, it was awesome to watch. Was able to joke around and take it all in stride. Pat was openly critical in the past and brought that up on the show.

I don't think that is the while thing but it is part of it.

Be aware Pat sometimes uses NSFW language.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I laughed so hard. I posted a bunch more segments in the Carson Wentz number thread. Carson seems like a fun guy to be around. Seeing him in this interview really makes me question eagles media saying he didn’t get along with some players.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I laughed so hard. I posted a bunch more segments in the Carson Wentz number thread. Carson seems like a fun guy to be around. Seeing him in this interview really makes me question eagles media saying he didn’t get along with some players.

Believe me he is fun to be around. I’ve met him on a handful of occasions when he went to NDSU. Classy dude and Philly didn’t deserve him. He’s in a much much better place now 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

...makes me question eagles media saying he didn’t get along with some players.

Its likely he didn't get along with some players. That doesn't mean he was the problem. Philly isn't known for its locker room...

19 minutes ago, lester said:

Its likely he didn't get along with some players. That doesn't mean he was the problem. Philly isn't known for its locker room...

from ready articles it seems like the philly locker room thought wentz was boring being a  super religious and up tight guy.  The cultural differences from the mid west to philly are a lot to deal with . 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

from ready articles it seems like the philly locker room thought wentz was boring being a  super religious and up tight guy.  The cultural differences from the mid west to philly are a lot to deal with . 

In regards to the fans and media sure. But locker rooms have guys from all backgrounds though. Q is actually from New Jersey. I doubt locker rooms vary based on where they are located...it’s typically top-down culture. 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

In regards to the fans and media sure. But locker rooms have guys from all backgrounds though. Q is actually from New Jersey. I doubt locker rooms vary based on where they are located...it’s typically top-down culture. 

it could also be the players the eagles are bringing in ..   if the reports are true wentz will not hang out with them and be one of the guys .   i know the team did celebrate at a night club after winning the super bowl , but wentz does not like that scene .

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

it could also be the players the eagles are bringing in ..   if the reports are true wentz will not hang out with them and be one of the guys .   i know the team did celebrate at a night club after winning the super bowl , but wentz does not like that scene .

He also mentioned how players this past season couldn’t even hang out in the cafeteria and eat meals together because of covid. Yes all teams had the same rules but I can understand how relationships might of been hard with all the covid rules. Some teams handled it better then others.

I think Wentz will be great here, but we need to get him some weapons. Right now our top 3 WR's are Pittman (who for the record I think will be great but he's only entering his second year), Pascal (a decent #2 but probably ideally more of a 3), and Campbell (a guy who has all the potential in the world but just can't stay healthy so far).....

Then you add Doyle and MAC at TE and.... It's not exactly a group of weapons that is going to scare anyone.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, CamMo said:

I especially liked the part from post interview where Mac admitted he trashed Wentz for no longer loving the game even though Mac hadn't done his homework on who Wentz really was. Wentz had been just a name in a headline and Mac had spouted off in the moment because well, bla bla bla!
Wentz was above it!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, BlueCollarColts said:

I think Wentz will be great here, but we need to get him some weapons. Right now our top 3 WR's are Pittman (who for the record I think will be great but he's only entering his second year), Pascal (a decent #2 but probably ideally more of a 3), and Campbell (a guy who has all the potential in the world but just can't stay healthy so far).....

Then you add Doyle and MAC at TE and.... It's not exactly a group of weapons that is going to scare anyone.

I think Ertz is going to end up here. They can’t seem to trade him. I do think TY will be back. Maybe we add a WR and a TE in the draft. I really want to see TY with a QB that can throw deep.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think Ertz is going to end up here. They can’t seem to trade him. I do think TY will be back. Maybe we add a WR and a TE in the draft. I really want to see TY with a QB that can throw deep.

My fear is if they can't find a trade partner for Ertz (which I doubt they can at their supposed asking price) that they'll opt to keep him to give Hurts another weapon rather than cut him loose.

On 3/18/2021 at 5:37 PM, Wentzszn said:

I got benched once in high school for a really awful false start penalty. It was so much fun, I begged my coach to bench me every game just so I could feel that rush again