Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Madden 13 - Wishlist

FightLikeSin

Just wanted to put this out there. I have been disappointed with the Madden series for the past 3 years. It's just a $65 roster upgrade.

I was wondering what you all were hoping for in this years Madden. What improvements do you hope they make?

For me, it's Superstar mode.

I play video games for a lot of reasons, but escapism is close to the top. Anyone ever play NBA 2k11? That is ideal. You get to customize down to the players voice, plenty of interesting commentary that is relevant to your current status as a player and how you are doing in the game, you get to play in a game to determine your draft spot, interview with franchises before the draft and have post game interviews. It's cool just for the little things like, you get paid every week, and you can do things with your money, like unlock a new dunk or hold a charity event with Michael Jordan. If there was an NFL version of that, I would be really happy.

So that's my 2 cents. What are you hoping for?

Wishlist:

CM/Coach Mode:

- Make all the roster moves (Free Agency, Draft, re-sign, release players, etc.) and playbook. Basically franchise mode without playing any of the games.

Franchise Mode

- Computer makes trades.

- New Presentation

- More coaches to hire

- Create Players (For Draft)

- Get rid of the terrible undrafted free agents

- Better Halftime show

- Training Camp

- More Draft Knowledge for teams (Ex. In one of the drafts the Redskins had the first pick and drafted a punter.)

- Mascots are shown more

- Get rid of potential (I HATE IT)

- Improve the draft and have Rodger Godell announce the pick (Would be much more exciting)

Super Star Mode

- Interviews

- Hire an agent

- Get an apartment and build up to a mansion (Miss those days)

- Get your own apparel

- Battle for being the starter

Other

- Create a fan (I used to love this)

- New logos for create a team

- Create your own uniform for teams

Wishlist:

CM/Coach Mode:

- Make all the roster moves (Free Agency, Draft, re-sign, release players, etc.) and playbook. Basically franchise mode without playing any of the games.

Franchise Mode

- Computer makes trades.

- New Presentation

- More coaches to hire

- Better Halftime show

- Training Camp

- More Draft Knowledge for teams (Ex. In one of the drafts the Redskins had the first pick and drafted a punter.)

- Mascots are shown more

- Improve the draft and have Rodger Godell announce the pick (Would be much more exciting)

Super Star Mode

- Interviews

- Hire an agent

- Get your own apparel

Other

I like the idea of being able to create your own jersey for teams. For those of us wanting a more modern Colts jersey, we could get in there EA TeamBuilder style and do an Alt to add to the list of available game day jerseys.

I'm liking all the ideas already mentioned. In terms of gameplay, they REALLY need to fix play action. It's still after like 5 years nearly impossible to run without getting sacked.

Especially when playing against friends... "okay play action, ooh Reggie in single, gonn-oh bugger I'm on the ground"

I agree with everyone Superstar mode is what I play mainly and then I do franchise, but Seriously I want to be able to make a rookie and build him up to a superstar, like even do the combine and stuff to try to improve your skills before the draft, but yourself up from a rookie 2nd string to a starting superstar, or be a superstar and carry that name through the superstar career, I like everyones Idea...Hey Maybe we all should just get together and write our own football game and send it ea, just have the superstar part of it...you know they did the whole Head coach game with dungy on it....It would be cool I think

Anyone remember madden 09/08. Those were the best because you could determine ticket prices, concessions and parking prices.

Superstar mode you could hire agents, get haircuts and tattoos and buy houses. Next I wish they would allow us to buy vehicles cough Lamborghini cough

It might be nice to be able to have created players with names longer than ten characters... Some people's last names take up MORE THAN TEN!

I tried creating Robert Griffin, and could only fit Griffin II... RG2 doesn't sound quite right

There are so many things that can be improved upon in these Madden games. I haven't bought one since 08 since they are essentially just roster updates. Each year, they come out and say they've added tons of new features to make the game even more realistic, but it's not even close.

More detailed players and jerseys, much MUCH improved Super Star mode, more fluid throwing motions because in Madden 12 throwing looked very jerky and unrealistic, bring back the all time teams so we can put Dan Marino on the Dolphins and Jerry Rice on the 49ers, etc. Some things they probably won't do but it would be cool is the game face they use for FIFA games so you can generate your face in the game, and the team builder they use for NCAA games.

Oh and have the ability to download a draft class.

Id like the create a play back and be able to add plays that you make to certain packages or to change existing plays.

Id also like for other teams to offer trades on franchise modes.

Other ideas above sound good too. Game play needs to improve. Especially in coverage.

Wishlist:

CM/Coach Mode:

Franchise Mode

- Computer makes trades.

- New Presentation

- More coaches to hire

- Better Halftime show

- Training Camp

- Mascots are shown more

Super Star Mode

- Interviews

- Hire an agent

- Get your own apparel

Other

you pretty much said everything i was going to but another thing is they should add that nba 2k12 flavor like actually getting paid and endorsments

CM/Coach Mode:

You can already do this for the most part. Instead of making a distinct mode for it, they just need to add in an option that, if enabled, puts your job on the line so that you can be fired if you perform poorly (NBA 2K series style).

I actually hope they do NOT have a "create a play" mode. The reason it was so problematic in the first place is because it was too easy to exploit defenses.

That's because the AI is rubbish. EA badly needs to overhaul the defensive AI and take a hard look at making line play on both sides of the ball more realistic. You should be able to create plays and have them play out in a way that roughly approximates what you would expect in real life. Unfortunately, that's not possible right now because the game isn't even close to the real thing when it comes to the basics of football (e.g., gap control principles).

Also, they need to improve passing trajectories so that all throws aren't either bullets or moon balls. There has to be something in between.

Little things could make the Madden series outstanding.

PRESENTATION: Use NFL on CBS, NFL on Fox, Sunday / Monday / Thursday Night Football presentations, with music and everything. Even if all it is is the music at the beginning of the game, while the camera shows the stadium. It'd add a lot of realism to Franchise mode. The NCAA Basketball games used this, also made by EA Sports.

SUPERSTAR MODE: Simply bring back the features used on the PS2 and Xbox version. New gen = less features? Sure, it was still incredibly limited, but it was more than we have now. Take a few things from NBA 2K's 'My Player'. That mode is actually fun. Even on the top difficulties in Superstar Mode, it's easy to get 50 tackles, 10 INT as a rookie with a Cornerback... Yaaaay.

GAMEPLAY: I play Online Franchises, and it's pretty dang annoying on deep routes, when the opponent will switch to the defender and simply stop running in front of my receiver. Cuts me off from being able to catch the ball, and should be pass interference, but it'll never be called. Same with a defender trying to swat the ball. At times, it will push the receiver a few feet backwards, for no reason. Nice gameplay... Would it be asking too much from the lazy company to completely redo their blocking engineering? Nano blitzes have been a problem for years now, and they don't bother.

They need to make online team play better. NHL 12 has eashl (EA sports hockey league) and you play 6 on 6. Same with FIFA soccer you play 11 on 11. The madden team play is a joke. There is no point to it.