Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Peytonator Mock

First of all, I'd like to give a thousand props to @stitches and @Caleb3502 for their excellent mocks that I would love to see play out in the coming weeks. I usually do mine a few weeks earlier and a hell of a lot more college scouting than I did this year, but life has prevented that. Like stitches, I am using thedraftnetwork, spotrac, and overthecap, as well as the pff big board as a guide for cap projectinos/contract projections and to see where others have guys rated. 

CAP SPACE - $48.9M

RESTRUCTURE

Ryan Kelly - saves $7M

Grover Stewart - saves $3M

CUT

Jack Doyle - saves 4.4M - I love Jack Doyle but this is a business, and I can't justify keeping him on the roster and taking reps away from MAC who has proven to be everything that everyone thought Doyle was. If there was a trade offer on the table I'd jump at that for sure but I don't think there's a market.

CAP SPACE - $63.3M

RE-SIGN

Mo Alie-Cox - 2Y/8M - The guy was studly in the first half of the year and then kinda disappeared with the snaps being so divvied up between him, Doyle, and Burton. I want to see Mo Cox.

Zach Pascal - 1Y/3.5M - Second round tender

TJ Carrie - 1Y/2M - He performed admirably when called upon last year so he gets a salary bump and chance to compete for an expanded role.

George Odum - 1Y/1M - Special teams ace, just don't ask him to play safety.

Ashton Dulin - 1Y/540K ERFA

Taylor Stallworth 1Y/750K ERFA

I'd like to keep Rhodes and Hilton but I think they find more money elsewhere. Rhodes also scares me because last time he got paid he played like a practice squad player. I'd love for TY to be a Colt lifer but I don't think it's happening and I've accepted that now. I'd like Houston to stay another year but I'll get over it if he doesn't. Autry is a total JAG to me and I'd like to see Tyquan slide into his role. 

CAP SPACE - $51.5M

FREE AGENTS

Trey Hendrickson DE - 3Y/30M - Fits the Ballard size requirement and has some nice sack production. I am honestly pretty lukewarm about the EDGE players in free agency despite what everyone else says but I think we have to bring one in and he represents my favorite option there. 

Jonnu Smith TE - 4Y/36M - Homie will fit the Reich offense perfectly in the Ebron/Burton type role, he'll just be better at it. Plus we get the added bonus of sticking it to the Titans.

Rashard Higgins WR - 4Y/24M - Not the sexy signing everyone wants but I think he'd be a solid, under the radar signing. Once ODB went down and he got some opportunities he put up some good numbers. Great YPC so I think he could stretch the field and open things up for Pittman in the intermediate and Campbell underneath. 

Quinton Dunbar CB - 2Y/12M - I don't see him getting a huge contract after his off field shenanigans last year. His play went from elite to utter trash in Seattle but I'm gonna put some blame on the culture they seem to be cultivating out there. I think he could have a Rhodes-esque resurgence here with Eberflus. Nice, long corner too.

Ahkello Witherspoon CB - 1Y/3M - Graded out very well with PFF just didn't have much playing time. Has all the measurables Ballard likes and I'd love to have him here playing some press D. Giving him the same contract Rhodes got and let's see how it plays out.

Tashaun Gipson S - 1Y/1M - Need depth with Wilson walking.

Tanoh Kpassognon DT - 1Y/1.5M - Impressive length. Not much more to say about him but he fits the Ballard mold and I'd like to see if a change in scheme is what he needs. Kind of fits the Autry/Margus Hunt role.

Roderick Johnson OT- 1Y/2M - Has had playing time and hasn't looked terrible. My idea is to bring in vets to compete on that left side and see which one sticks because Green and Clark ain't it.

Julie'n Davenport OT - 1Y/1M - The other vet.

CAP SPACE - $13M

DRAFT

Trade our first for Buffalo's 1st and 3rd (30 and 93)

1/30 - Dillon Radunz LT - I think with an NFL weight training regimen he will be a stud and a great replacement for Castonzo.

2/54 - Dyami Brown WR - Field stretcher with solid route running abilities.

3/93 - Payton Turner DE - Another size and length prospect that Ballard would love, and hey, at least this edge rusher isn't in the second round. :)

4/128 - Benjamin Cleveland OG - Let's just maul people in the run game with this big boy.

5/166 - Alim McNeil DT - PFF loves the guy but all the boards seem to have him dropping pretty far. Big time run stuffer.

6/206 - Cameron Sample DE - Improved by leaps and bounds for his senior year and I like his size.

7/249 - Sam Ehlinger QB - Stash him on the PS and see if he develops.

QB - Wentz, Eason, Ehlinger (maybe)

RB - Taylor, Hines, Wilkins

WR - Pittman, Campbell, Higgins, Brown, Pascal, Dulin

TE - Smith, Alie-Cox, Togiai

LT - Radunz, Davenport

LG - Nelson, Pinter

C - Kelly

RG - Glowinski, Cleveland

RT - Smith, Johnson

DE - Hendrickson, Turay, Lewis, Turner, Sample

DT - Buckner, Stewart, McNeil, Kpassognon, Stallworth

LB - Leonard, Okereke, Adams, Franklin, Speed, Glasgow

CB - Moore, Ya-Sin, Dunbar, Witherspoon, Carrie, Rogers

S - Blackmon, Willis, Gipson, Odum

Good balanced mock. I love that you are shooting multiple shots at CB. Hopefully one hits... Same with DE. Both positions need addressing.

I like that you get two different receivers and a TE who can catch too... Wentz needs options.

I'm not sure I love the OTs but again - you are getting multiple of them so hopefully one of them pans out.

Cheers... :cheers: we are hours from tampering window and we will start learning news hopefully soon.

Glad to hear that you liked my mocks. The big part of my recent mock (Okwara) just re-signed with Detroit, but hopefully the other parts can come to fruition. Okwara just got $13M/year, so I'm curious as to what Hendrickson will get. 

Just saw a report when I got home that Titans will most likely not re-sign Jonnu Smith or Corey Davis. I worry that Smith's price might get too high since him and Henry are the top TEs, but I would love to have him at $9M/year.  

I had the Colts signing Higgins in a mock I did a year or two ago. He's a mid tier FA that makes a lot of sense since guys like Golladay will probably be out of our price range. 

I like that you put an emphasis on OL depth. The OL was very good last year as expected, but we saw how much they struggled when Holden and Green had to fill in for the Pittsburgh game.   

Overall, a very good mock with a lot of realistic moving parts. It's hard seeing TY go since he's the only guy left from the 2012 season, but I have also realized that if he's getting an offer of $10M+, he's gone. 

Archived