Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Stitches' Colts Mock Off-season (ver. 3.0 FINAL)

Well, well... here we are a few days before FA begins and I got my final mock off-season. 

I'm using Overthecap's Colts page for salary numbers. I'm using Overthecap's Colts free agency page for our own free agents.

I will be using spotrac's free agency tracker to find other teams' free agents and if there is market value figure listed, I will try to be close to it, unless I deem it unreasonable for one reason or another. 

For the draft I will be using The Draft Network's mock draft machine. I will run it with their predictive board, but I will try to take players based on how I feel about the players without trying to cheat the system(for example if a player I have ranked no. 15 is there on the board at 21 and is BPA, but is ranked 65 on their board I will NOT pass on him because I know I can draft him in later rounds, I would consider this cheating the system because I have information that in the real world GMs don't really have). 

I've been looking at the cap numbers and just in how much cap trouble a ton of teams are in and IMO this will depress the market a ton, especially for players that are not premier FAs. I've tried to reflect that in this mock. This is NOT a normal year and IMO we will be able to get some bargain short deals. 

Starting Team Cap Space: $45,89M

Restructure: 

Ryan Kelly - Savings 6.75M 

Own Free Agents:

Unrestricted FAs

Philip Rivers - retires

Jacoby Brissett - I'm letting him go. 

Justin Houston   Let him go... 

Malik Hooker - to me it's obvious, he's a misfit with our system and Ballard refusing his cheap 5th year option was a sign that we probably are not too interested in keeping him. 

Le'Raven Clark - let him go. 

Tavon Wilson - let him go. 

Chaz Green - let him go. 

Joey Hunt - let him go

Anthony Walker Jr. - Some of Ballard's statements make me think we won't be getting him back. So... I let him go here.

Marlon Mack - I was thinking about resigning him but our cap situation is very far from ideal if you look at it below. So... I'm letting him go. 

T.Y. Hilton - I want him back, but... to me it looks like it's more likely he leaves.

Denico Autry - Bring him back on a 2 years 10M contract(6M guaranteed, 5M first year)

Xavier Rhodes - 2 years/16M(9M guaranteed, 8M first year, completely guaranteed) Very good signing, paid off... lets keep him.

T.J. Carrie - 1 year, 1.5M... depth/competition 

Trey Burton - let him go, replaced later

Al-Quadin Muhammad - 1 year, 1.5M depth/competition

Restricted FAs

Tremon Smith - released

Mo Alie-Cox - 3 year 8M deal(4M guaranteed, 2.75M guaranteed year 1)

Zach Pascal - second round tender - $3.5M

George Odum - 1 year, 1M dollar contract

Exclusive Rights FAs

Ashton Dulin, WR $540,000

Taylor Stallworth, DT $750,000

---Total Spent on Own FAs: $18.04M ||| Remaining Cap Space: $27.85M

Trades:

- Ben Banogu and Jack Doyle for a 4th round pick to... the Jets? I guess...  

---Savings in trades: $5.97M ||| Remaining Cap Space: $33.82M

Other Teams' FAs:

-Corey Davis, WR - 4 year 58M (33M guaranteed, 14.5M guaranteed year 1) - Corey Davis finally broke out in his last year with the Titans and was close to getting a 1000 yard season in a run heavy offense where he had to share targets with AJ Brown. Still, he has shown enough to me to project him as an outside receiver, who wins in the vertical game, but also shows refined feel for route running and strong hands. I'd love to have him on the Colts to complete our WR core. 

-Riley Reiff, OT - 2 year 13M(8M guaranteed, 6.5M guaranteed 1st year). Very solid LT, who will serve as a presumed starter who will allow us to go into the draft without a glaring whole at LT and won't put us in compromised position in the draft of having to draft a LT. Reiff can also serve as a bridge to a young guy we might get in the draft for the future.

-Gerald Everett, TE, 3 years 15M(7M guaranteed, 5M guaranteed first year) - Colts get a pass-catching TE option to bolster the TE core after trading Doyle. Everett is a more dynamic option and Wentz loves using his TEs, so I expect a bump in production for Everett in our system.

-Jadeveon Clowney, 1 year, 6.5M - I still think he's a solid player, maybe he's not the pass-rush monster people expected him to be and he's been on a bit of a tour around the league since leaving Houston, but I think he can be a very good edge-setter with ocassional explosive game on pass-rush snaps. He stabilizes our unit.

-Robert Nkemdiche, DT, 1 year, 1M - low risk attempt to rehabilitate an ex-1st round player with talent 

---Total Spent on Other teams' FAs: $33.5M ||| Remaining Cap Space: $0.32M

And here comes the draft... 

Draft

(trade)

I think it's almost a certainty that we will trade down somewhere in the draft in order to recoup some of the draft capital we lost in the Wentz trade. Here's the trade I make:

-Colts trade down from 21 to KC Chiefs for no. 31 and no. 63.

Round 1, Pick 31 Greg Newsome Jr, CB, Northwestern - one of the late risers in the draft process. He is a perfect fit for our system and exhibits outstanding instincts in zone coverage(Colts no. 2 in the league in % of snaps in zone). He's a big, long corner with physicality. Allowed only 12 catches on 34 targets all season long for less than 100 yards.

Round 2, Pick 54 Walker Little, OT, Stanford - very good prospect with prototypical size and movement for the LT position. The only reason he's here is the fact he hasn't played football for almost 2 years(injury+opt out). He will be our developmental LT of the future to learn behind a 10 year pro in Riley Reiff. 

Round 2, pick 63 (from KC trade above) Carlos Basham Jr, DE, Wake Forest - Very solid EDGE defender with athletic upside. Not a ton of bend but he has some speed off the snap and he's a strong edge setter with good technique and some nice inside moves and power to push the pocket. 

Round 4, Pick 107 (from Jets trade above) Hunter Long, TE, Boston College - doesn't have blazing speed, but he can move. Good feeling for route running and very natural catcher of the ball... has very sure hands and can be a weapon for Wentz. 

Round 4, Pick 127 Elerson Smith, DE, Northern Iowa An athletic long EDGE player, who popped at the Senior Bowl and we know how Ballard loves his Senior Bowl standouts. He's a good shot to take at a player with traits, who also had great production in his last year in college - 21.5 TFL, 14 sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 4 PBUs, 2 blocked punts

Round 5. Pick 166 Dez Fitzpatrick, WR, Louisville - aka... the better Louiville receiver(thanks to Greg Cosell for pointing him out in his WR class review). I really like him. He has good size and movement ability. Very good route runner with ability to separate. Under the radar potential outside receiver.

Round 6, Pick 207 Khalil Herbert, RB, Virginia Tech Keep replenishing the WR positions with day 3 picks - replacement for Mack and eventually for Wilkins.

Round 7, Pick 242 Kobie Whiteside, DT, Missouri - interior depth/competition

Previously I've counted the money for the rookies signing toward the cap but in reality those 8-9 players that will get contracts will replace other players with similar value futures contract that are accounted for in the top 51 number to begin with. We have over 30 players with salary number of around or under 1M and the dead money on huge majority of them is minuscule. 

Depth chart:

Offense:
QBCarson Wentz, Jacob Eason
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, Khalil Herbert, Darius Anderson, Benny LeMay, Paul Perkins
WR1Corey Davis, Zach Pascal, Quartney Davis
WR2:  Michael Pittman Jr, Dez Fitzpatrick, Dezmond Patmon, Gary Jennings Jr
Slot: Parris Campbell, DeMichael Harris
TE1Gerald Everett, Jordan Thomas, Andrew Vollert
TE2: Mo Alie-Cox, Hunter Long, Noah Togiai, Farrod Green
LTRiley Reiff, Walker Little, Casey Tucker
LG: Quenton Nelson, Jake Eldrenkamp
OC: Ryan Kelly, Danny Pinter
RG: Mark Glowinski, Sam Jones
RT: Braden Smith, Will Holden, Carter O'Donnell

Deffense:
LDE: Denico Autry, Carlos Basham Jr.
DT: Grover Stewart, Kobie Whiteside, Kameron Cline, Chris Williams
3T:  DeForest Buckner, Tyquan Lewis, Robert Nkemdiche,  Rob Windsor
RDE: Jadeveon Clowney, Al-Quadin Muhammad, Kemoko Turay, Elerson Smith
WILL: Darius Leonard, E.J. Speed
MIKE: Bobby Okereke, Skai Moore
SAM: Zaire Franklin, Matthew Adams, Jordan Glasgow
SS: Khari Willis, Ibraheim Campbell, Rolan Milligan
FS: Julian Blackmon, George Odum
RCB: Xavier Rhodes, Marvell Tell III, Isaiah Rodgers, Andre Chachere, Will Sunderland,
LCB: Greg Newsome Jr, TJ Carrie, Rock Ya-Sin,  Nick Nelson
Slot: Kenny Moore II, Roderic Teamer

Special teams:
LS
: Luke Rhodes
P: Rigoberto Sanchez, Austin Rehkow
K: Rodrigo Blankenship

*names in green are rookies

**names in blue are new FAs/trade acquisitions

Final thoughts:

- in other editions I tried stacking the offense but that left the defense very underwhelming... In this one I decided to balance it out - both offense/defense and now/future. 

- here's a question - Carlos Basham was not the only DE I was considering in the second round... would you rather us take him or someone like Ronnie Perkins or Joseph Ossai, Joe Tryon?

- I was considering Eric Stokes instead of Greg Newsome... finally decided that Newsome fits our scheme better, but honestly I could go either way... what are your preferences?

- I still tried giving Wentz enough weapons to be successful. What do you think of that haul? Would you expect us to be a top 10 offense with this roster? 

- With the return of Tell and second year of Rodgers... I kind of like our depth at CB. I really wanted to bolster that unit. R1 CB hopefully does the job.

- Looking at the roster... I kind of feel like it's actually the LB group that is spreading a bit thin. Maybe we can get another vet for the minimum... 

Any thoughts and critique are welcome. Cheers everybody  :cheers:

(Disclaimer: I used the blueprint from my my earlier mock so it's possible there are some mistakes/leftovers from it that I didn't catch. Please don't hesitate to point out any glaring errors or things you think are overly unrealistic.)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stitches said:

Well, well... here we are a few days before FA begins and I got my final mock off-season. 

I'm using Overthecap's Colts page for salary numbers. I'm using Overthecap's Colts free agency page for our own free agents.

I will be using spotrac's free agency tracker to find other teams' free agents and if there is market value figure listed, I will try to be close to it, unless I deem it unreasonable for one reason or another. 

For the draft I will be using The Draft Network's mock draft machine. I will run it with their predictive board, but I will try to take players based on how I feel about the players without trying to cheat the system(for example if a player I have ranked no. 15 is there on the board at 21 and is BPA, but is ranked 65 on their board I will NOT pass on him because I know I can draft him in later rounds, I would consider this cheating the system because I have information that in the real world GMs don't really have). 

I've been looking at the cap numbers and just in how much cap trouble a ton of teams are in and IMO this will depress the market a ton, especially for players that are not premier FAs. I've tried to reflect that in this mock. This is NOT a normal year and IMO we will be able to get some bargain short deals. 

Starting Team Cap Space: $45,89M

Restructure: 

Ryan Kelly - Savings 6.75M 

Own Free Agents:

Unrestricted FAs

Philip Rivers - retires

Jacoby Brissett - I'm letting him go. 

Justin Houston   Let him go... 

Malik Hooker - to me it's obvious, he's a misfit with our system and Ballard refusing his cheap 5th year option was a sign that we probably are not too interested in keeping him. 

Le'Raven Clark - let him go. 

Tavon Wilson - let him go. 

Chaz Green - let him go. 

Joey Hunt - let him go

Anthony Walker Jr. - Some of Ballard's statements make me think we won't be getting him back. So... I let him go here.

Marlon Mack - I was thinking about resigning him but our cap situation is very far from ideal if you look at it below. So... I'm letting him go. 

T.Y. Hilton - I want him back, but... to me it looks like it's more likely he leaves.

Denico Autry - Bring him back on a 2 years 10M contract(6M guaranteed, 5M first year)

Xavier Rhodes - 2 years/16M(9M guaranteed, 8M first year, completely guaranteed) Very good signing, paid off... lets keep him.

T.J. Carrie - 1 year, 1.5M... depth/competition 

Trey Burton - let him go, replaced later

Al-Quadin Muhammad - 1 year, 1.5M depth/competition

Restricted FAs

Tremon Smith - released

Mo Alie-Cox - 3 year 8M deal(4M guaranteed, 2.75M guaranteed year 1)

Zach Pascal - second round tender - $3.5M

George Odum - 1 year, 1M dollar contract

Exclusive Rights FAs

Ashton Dulin, WR $540,000

Taylor Stallworth, DT $750,000

---Total Spent on Own FAs: $18.04M ||| Remaining Cap Space: $27.85M

Trades:

- Ben Banogu and Jack Doyle for a 4th round pick to... the Jets? I guess...  

---Savings in trades: $5.97M ||| Remaining Cap Space: $33.82M

Other Teams' FAs:

-Corey Davis, WR - 4 year 58M (33M guaranteed, 14.5M guaranteed year 1) - Corey Davis finally broke out in his last year with the Titans and was close to getting a 1000 yard season in a run heavy offense where he had to share targets with AJ Brown. Still, he has shown enough to me to project him as an outside receiver, who wins in the vertical game, but also shows refined feel for route running and strong hands. I'd love to have him on the Colts to complete our WR core. 

-Riley Reiff, OT - 2 year 13M(8M guaranteed, 6.5M guaranteed 1st year). Very solid LT, who will serve as a presumed starter who will allow us to go into the draft without a glaring whole at LT and won't put us in compromised position in the draft of having to draft a LT. Reiff can also serve as a bridge to a young guy we might get in the draft for the future.

-Gerald Everett, TE, 3 years 15M(7M guaranteed, 5M guaranteed first year) - Colts get a pass-catching TE option to bolster the TE core after trading Doyle. Everett is a more dynamic option and Wentz loves using his TEs, so I expect a bump in production for Everett in our system.

-Jadeveon Clowney, 1 year, 6.5M - I still think he's a solid player, maybe he's not the pass-rush monster people expected him to be and he's been on a bit of a tour around the league since leaving Houston, but I think he can be a very good edge-setter with ocassional explosive game on pass-rush snaps. He stabilizes our unit.

-Robert Nkemdiche, DT, 1 year, 1M - low risk attempt to rehabilitate an ex-1st round player with talent 

---Total Spent on Other teams' FAs: $33.5M ||| Remaining Cap Space: $0.32M

And here comes the draft... 

Draft

(trade)

I think it's almost a certainty that we will trade down somewhere in the draft in order to recoup some of the draft capital we lost in the Wentz trade. Here's the trade I make:

-Colts trade down from 21 to KC Chiefs for no. 31 and no. 63.

Round 1, Pick 31 Greg Newsome Jr, CB, Northwestern - one of the late risers in the draft process. He is a perfect fit for our system and exhibits outstanding instincts in zone coverage(Colts no. 2 in the league in % of snaps in zone). He's a big, long corner with physicality. Allowed only 12 catches on 34 targets all season long for less than 100 yards.

Round 2, Pick 54 Walker Little, OT, Stanford - very good prospect with prototypical size and movement for the LT position. The only reason he's here is the fact he hasn't played football for almost 2 years(injury+opt out). He will be our developmental LT of the future to learn behind a 10 year pro in Riley Reiff. 

Round 2, pick 63 (from KC trade above) Carlos Basham Jr, DE, Wake Forest - Very solid EDGE defender with athletic upside. Not a ton of bend but he has some speed off the snap and he's a strong edge setter with good technique and some nice inside moves and power to push the pocket. 

Round 4, Pick 107 (from Jets trade above) Hunter Long, TE, Boston College - doesn't have blazing speed, but he can move. Good feeling for route running and very natural catcher of the ball... has very sure hands and can be a weapon for Wentz. 

Round 4, Pick 127 Elerson Smith, DE, Northern Iowa An athletic long EDGE player, who popped at the Senior Bowl and we know how Ballard loves his Senior Bowl standouts. He's a good shot to take at a player with traits, who also had great production in his last year in college - 21.5 TFL, 14 sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 4 PBUs, 2 blocked punts

Round 5. Pick 166 Dez Fitzpatrick, WR, Louisville - aka... the better Louiville receiver(thanks to Greg Cosell for pointing him out in his WR class review). I really like him. He has good size and movement ability. Very good route runner with ability to separate. Under the radar potential outside receiver.

Round 6, Pick 207 Khalil Herbert, RB, Virginia Tech Keep replenishing the WR positions with day 3 picks - replacement for Mack and eventually for Wilkins.

Round 7, Pick 242 Kobie Whiteside, DT, Missouri - interior depth/competition

Previously I've counted the money for the rookies signing toward the cap but in reality those 8-9 players that will get contracts will replace other players with similar value futures contract that are accounted for in the top 51 number to begin with. We have over 30 players with salary number of around or under 1M and the dead money on huge majority of them is minuscule. 

Depth chart:

Offense:
QBCarson Wentz, Jacob Eason
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, Khalil Herbert, Darius Anderson, Benny LeMay, Paul Perkins
WR1Corey Davis, Zach Pascal, Quartney Davis
WR2:  Michael Pittman Jr, Dez Fitzpatrick, Dezmond Patmon, Gary Jennings Jr
Slot: Parris Campbell, DeMichael Harris
TE1Gerald Everett, Jordan Thomas, Andrew Vollert
TE2: Mo Alie-Cox, Hunter Long, Noah Togiai, Farrod Green
LTRiley Reiff, Walker Little, Casey Tucker
LG: Quenton Nelson, Jake Eldrenkamp
OC: Ryan Kelly, Danny Pinter
RG: Mark Glowinski, Sam Jones
RT: Braden Smith, Will Holden, Carter O'Donnell

Deffense:
LDE: Denico Autry, Carlos Basham Jr.
DT: Grover Stewart, Kobie Whiteside, Kameron Cline, Chris Williams
3T:  DeForest Buckner, Tyquan Lewis, Robert Nkemdiche,  Rob Windsor
RDE: Jadeveon Clowney, Al-Quadin Muhammad, Kemoko Turay, Elerson Smith
WILL: Darius Leonard, E.J. Speed
MIKE: Bobby Okereke, Skai Moore
SAM: Zaire Franklin, Matthew Adams, Jordan Glasgow
SS: Khari Willis, Ibraheim Campbell, Rolan Milligan
FS: Julian Blackmon, George Odum
RCB: Xavier Rhodes, Marvell Tell III, Isaiah Rodgers, Andre Chachere, Will Sunderland,
LCB: Greg Newsome Jr, TJ Carrie, Rock Ya-Sin,  Nick Nelson
Slot: Kenny Moore II, Roderic Teamer

Special teams:
LS
: Luke Rhodes
P: Rigoberto Sanchez, Austin Rehkow
K: Rodrigo Blankenship

*names in green are rookies

**names in blue are new FAs/trade acquisitions

Final thoughts:

- in other editions I tried stacking the offense but that left the defense very underwhelming... In this one I decided to balance it out - both offense/defense and now/future. 

- here's a question - Carlos Basham was not the only DE I was considering in the second round... would you rather us take him or someone like Ronnie Perkins or Joseph Ossai, Joe Tryon?

- I was considering Eric Stokes instead of Greg Newsome... finally decided that Newsome fits our scheme better, but honestly I could go either way... what are your preferences?

- I still tried giving Wentz enough weapons to be successful. What do you think of that haul? Would you expect us to be a top 10 offense with this roster? 

- With the return of Tell and second year of Rodgers... I kind of like our depth at CB. I really wanted to bolster that unit. R1 CB hopefully does the job.

- Looking at the roster... I kind of feel like it's actually the LB group that is spreading a bit thin. Maybe we can get another vet for the minimum... 

Any thoughts and critique are welcome. Cheers everybody  :cheers:

(Disclaimer: I used the blueprint from my my earlier mock so it's possible there are some mistakes/leftovers from it that I didn't catch. Please don't hesitate to point out any glaring errors or things you think are overly unrealistic.)

Solid effort

I will say with your 14-15 players added to the above 51 cap, that many currently would drop below as well, si.

15 ×$780k = $11.7m more in cap room at the end. (Estimate).

Be setting with about $12m to close this out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I think this is a really good mock. Your approach is obvious, just give the offense whatever it needs to be potent in 2021, and hope the defense can hold on. 

Yeah, in this one I actually gave the defense some resources too. Gave them a starting DE and 1st and 2nd round picks. So what do you think? Will the D hold on? 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I'm just impressed that someone can consider all of this without it being off the wall. I couldn't to be honest. Lot's of moving parts.

:D 

36 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

The only complaint I have is giving Corey Davis 14.5 a year contract. No thanks to that. Substitute him for someone worth that much. I’d rather just keep Hilton and save 4 mil. 

Yeah, I know people are not super high on Corey Davis. I've been doing that one in every edition... but... this will just be on me if it doesn't work out. I'm betting on him over other players that might be available for similar money.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Solid effort

I will say with your 14-15 players added to the above 51 cap, that many currently would drop below as well, si.

15 ×$780k = $11.7m more in cap room at the end. (Estimate).

Be setting with about $12m to close this out.

Yeah... I really only cared that I go under. We have tons of contracts with little to no dead money if cut, so I don't worry too much about us going over, but still, tried to keep it within reach... I might add a safety and a linebacker if good deals become available with the extra money.

You have two of my favourite prospects in the 4th round. I think Long would be an ideal replacement for Doyle. Smith of course looked outstanding at the Senior Bowl. He reminds be a bit of Turay, maybe a bit more heavier and physical. I’m certain Ballard likes him anyway.

• Like 1

As always @stitches, a solid effort. My only question is regarding Clowney, do you think he fits in our locker room? Don't know much about his character or any off the field stuff, just curious. This draft would be outstanding. Becoming more and more of a fan of Khalil Herbert as a late round steal to bolster our running game. Giving Walker Little a year or two behind Riley Reiff I think would turn that kid into a legit start LT. Looks like the structure you set up would let us get out of the Reiff deal pretty painlessly in second year if Little really shows up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hark said:

As always @stitches, a solid effort. My only question is regarding Clowney, do you think he fits in our locker room? Don't know much about his character or any off the field stuff, just curious. This draft would be outstanding. Becoming more and more of a fan of Khalil Herbert as a late round steal to bolster our running game. Giving Walker Little a year or two behind Riley Reiff I think would turn that kid into a legit start LT. Looks like the structure you set up would let us get out of the Reiff deal pretty painlessly in second year if Little really shows up.

Thanks. I have not heard of Clowney being a huge locker room problem and Ballard has stated that he thinks our locker room can absorb a player with questions so I think we will be good with that.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Yeah, in this one I actually gave the defense some resources too. Gave them a starting DE and 1st and 2nd round picks. So what do you think? Will the D hold on? 

I'd actually keep Banogu. But I think you did enough to keep the defense in the top 15ish, kept or replaced the best players. And the young guys have room to grow and produce. I'm not mad at it.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

You have two of my favourite prospects in the 4th round. I think Long would be an ideal replacement for Doyle. Smith of course looked outstanding at the Senior Bowl. He reminds be a bit of Turay, maybe a bit more heavier and physical. I’m certain Ballard likes him anyway.

Yeah, I liked him a lot from what I saw from the Senior bowl and Ballard has an affinity for players that excel there so he's been a constant feature in my mock off-seasons.

15 hours ago, Superman said:

I'd actually keep Banogu. But I think you did enough to keep the defense in the top 15ish, kept or replaced the best players. And the young guys have room to grow and produce. I'm not mad at it.

Possible we keep him but he hasn't shown much so far and Ballard has parted ways with players that don't enter the plans in the past. Banogu was nothing more than an afterthought last year. Even if he stays I kind of don't expect tons from him

9 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Like the draft a lot but might be tempted to get Meinerz if he was available in the 4th, Really like Newsome and Walker and Smith.

Wouldn't mind him as depth/future competition for the RG spot.

1 hour ago, Shive said:

@Defjamz26posted it in another thread, but does this change your opinion of whether or not we would draft Newsome?

The arm length falls below the CB threshold, but we all know that's not a concrete threshold.

So I’m fine with drafting him. But of the 4 CBs that Ballard has drafted, (Rock, Wilson, Tell, and Hairston) only Hairston had an arm length under the 32” threshold with 31” arms. Even Moore who has less than ideal height at 5’8” has 32” arms. 

When it comes to Newsome I think arm length and tackling skills are the minor issues. The injury history is the major concern. I really can’t tell you how Ballard would evaluate him. If I were making the pick and all the tackles were gone, I’d be okay drafting him. But I wonder if Ballard will just wait until round 2 and get Ifeatu Melifonwu who has all the measureables (awaiting 40 time) and can also tackle really well but isn’t as refined and smooth in coverage as Newsome.

• Like 1