Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor's Year 1 Highlight Reel

zibby43

4 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

The stop/start on that last run, good grief.

I was skeptical of the pick (just based on the value of picking a RB in the 2nd) but JT can play.I'd rather have him in the 2nd than Hooker at 15.

I am happy to see people owning their mistake. I remember many posters disliking the pick. While those of us in the minority were looked down upon for disregarding the RB value narrative. 

I was surprised by the pick but was excited. The first couple games you could tell he was trying to gel with the team during live games. He progressed very quickly. I hope he continues to play just as good if not better this season. 

26 minutes ago, life long said:

I am happy to see people owning their mistake. I remember many posters disliking the pick. While those of us in the minority were looked down upon for disregarding the RB value narrative. 

It's funny because 2 of the best picks we have had in the Ballard era are an OG (Nelson), and now a RB (Taylor) and about 75% of the forum said it was a bad mistake taking an OG and a RB that early in the draft. Great examples to why value of position in a draft isn't always accurate. 

I just can't wait to see if Wentz can open up the play action/ zone read options, JT Could parley that into being the next 2K rusher...

making defenses play honestly will make all the difference.

Mr. Taylor is a special player!

Thank you Mr. Ballard 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's funny because 2 of the best picks we have had in the Ballard era are an OG (Nelson), and now a RB (Taylor) and about 75% of the forum said it was a bad mistake taking an OG and a RB that early in the draft. Great examples to why value of position in a draft isn't always accurate. 

About 50-75% of the forum is always unhappy with any picks made if it's not the player they wanted drafted. haha

Aww man that run at the 2:54 mark is just sick. I’ve never seen a colts Rb since early edge that could burst out of a hole and just blow away the competition. I’m not even sure edge had thE Hr ability that Taylor could possess. I seem to remember edge being more of an easy 5 yards a Carry most of the time but rarely would he break out, but I guess being a running back is hard so that’s prob everyone.  I know Taylor’s got a lot of career to fill those shoes but his future looks super bright especially when In the beginning of the year he was missing blockers and running into tacklers when he should of cut. If he gets any better lookout. 

That's a damn good highlight reel for a rookie who went at full steam only for about half of the season. 

He's fast and runs with power. His cuts are good, too.

But what I like most is how he punishes tacklers in the secondary and taking even Linebackers regularly for a little stadium tour. :thmup:

Hope he stays healthy and can put together a whole season like he did in the 2nd half of the past season. 

3 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

That's a damn good highlight reel for a rookie who went at full steam only for about half of the season. 

He's fast and runs with power. His cuts are good, too.

But what I like most is how he punishes tacklers in the secondary and taking even Linebackers regularly for a little stadium tour. :thmup:

Hope he stays healthy and can put together a whole season like he did in the 2nd half of the past season. 

That's  not all his best plays either

5 hours ago, coming on strong said:

We need to keep Mack , Hines is not a great runner yet . With Mack and Taylor colts will be number 1 in yards

"With Mack and Taylor, a good OL, and a high level blocking TE named Jack Doyle..."

it takes more than a RB to make a good run attack, just like it takes more than a QB to make a good air game.

9 hours ago, coming on strong said:

We need to keep Mack , Hines is not a great runner yet . With Mack and Taylor colts will be number 1 in yards

We need to see how his recovery is going before making any sort of comment.  That injury has ended RBs careers, and diminished even more.

Sucks it happened to Mack but as fans we don't have enough info to say he will come back the same next year.

All other things on offense being what they are ( MM & JT the carriers) if the Colts get Wentz's head on right the Colts just might be the talk of the town in 2021. No comment on the draft filling some holes because let's let Ballard be Ballard. So far so good.

Archived