Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeremy Ross

GGW4Mike

Jeremy Ross finished his career second on Cal's all-time punt return average list with an average of 15.2 yards per punt return (31 returns, 471 yards, one TD), behind only the 16.7 posted by DeSean Jackson (2005-07) ... posted 2,287 all purpose yards (201 rushing, 764 receiving, 471 punt return, 851 kick return), with an average of 53.2 yards per game ... played in 43 games with 14 starts, recording 57 catches for 764 yards (13.4 ypr) and three touchdowns ... also contributed 42 kick returns for 851 yards (20.3 avg) as well as 25 rushes for 201 yards (8.0 ypr) and two scores. Ross was the winner of the 2010 Henry J. "Tiny" Bates Memorial Award given annually by the Cal Grid Club of Sacramento.

Ross is a fast, shifty WR that played at CAL during a time when they had horrible QB's, from 2008-2010.

His receiving numbers aren't impressive mainly due to the lack of quality QB's. He played with Jahvid Best and Shane Vereen, who were very good college RBs. They got a lot of the attention on offense. He has good hands, plays well in tight spaces, and of course as we've seen in the video, he can return kicks really well. I am very excited about picking him up.

He was signed to our PS last season. He and Jarred Fayson present a couple of guys with "potential" that have talent. With the signing of Donnie Avery, perhaps the coaching staff sees enough in those two (Ross & Fayson) to feel comfortable with drafting the best QB, NT, CB, TE they can and add a reciever later in the draft or next year?

I wouldn't sleep on either player as Cal used Ross as a multi-purpose guy to maximize his talent and Fayson (if I remember correctly) only played WR a couple years at Illinois?

I think he was signed as Practice squad fodder. He could make the team as a punt returner perhaps...he isn't going to steal any snaps from Collie in the slot however. I don't know if we will run that WR screen play much this year without Garcon but maybe he could do that. I didn't see elusive break away speed...or great route running...just a shifty player with some guts...

I did like the Braveheart music though lol!

Hah yeah the music was pretty cool. It's actually Last of the Mohicans which is an incredibly awesome movie if you haven't seen it. One of the better war movies out there about the French and Indian war.

Totally right! I have that on Blu ray and just watched it last week..I don't know why I said Braveheart. Classic film and the scenes outside Ashville, NC are beautiful!

Totally right! I have that on Blu ray and just watched it last week..I don't know why I said Braveheart. Classic film and the scenes outside Ashville, NC are beautiful!

It definitely fits Braveheart as well. I really do want to see Last of the Mohicans again. It's been ages since I've seen that movie and it definitely is epic! You might've inspired me to pick it up on Blu ray. :thanks: