Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

 

Obviously the colts would be players in this, but I don't know if Ballard would be willing to give up anymore draft capital

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not sure the Colts will be involved

 

From a familiarity and need perspective, it makes sense.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Seems like another attempt by the eagles to drive up Ertz's price, just like all those reports when we were trading for Wentz

Thats what i think.

Philly thinks Indy will bring him in for a look-see if they cut him.

Nobody is calling, so they’re literally saying the same thing they did with Wentz.

Ballard is 3,steps ahead.  Checkers and Chess.

 

seriously tho, i could see some interest in him.  But i would think a late-round pick would work.  Or player for player.... Hooker?  Someone else?

They should just give him to us for Siriani and the others. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CR91 said:
   

 

Obviously the colts would be players in this, but I don't know if Ballard would be willing to give up anymore draft capital

This is a tough call.  I think he has a pretty good cap hit if we trade for him.  So if we did it I could see a restructure/new deal.  We all know Ballard likes his picks so maybe for a player?  Banajou?  We should know pretty quickly I would think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Thats what i think.

Philly thinks Indy will bring him in for a look-see if they cut him.

Nobody is calling, so they’re literally saying the same thing they did with Wentz.

Ballard is 3,steps ahead.  Checkers and Chess.

 

seriously tho, i could see some interest in him.  But i would think a late-round pick would work.  Or player for player.... Hooker?  Someone else?

They should just give him to us for Siriani and the others. 

 

Hooker is a free agent

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tvturner said:

There's probably a higher chance that he's going to be apart of the league wide cuts rather than get sent somewhere

Exactly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tvturner said:

There's probably a higher chance that he's going to be apart of the league wide cuts rather than get sent somewhere

Exactly. I feel like there's usually these "multiple teams interested" statements put out as a last ditch effort to actually get someone to bite and trade for the player before they just release them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see Ballard trading for a player with only one year left on his contract. 

He is still owed 12.4 million dollars on his contract. If the Eagles cut him they would eat 8.2 million. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to upgrade the position, I agree.  But, I do not see Ballard trading and giving up draft capital for Ertz or anyone else for that matter.  He values those draft picks and he's proven to do well with them.  I believe if Ertz is released (which I think is what will happen), Ballard will make the call to his agent to see if a deal can be worked.  If he's not released, I see Ballard making a move in FA for another TE and WR.  If not TE in FA, I see a late round pick for one.

 

My preference for a FA is Hunter Henry though.  He may be more than Ballard is willing to pay, however.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Thats what i think.

Philly thinks Indy will bring him in for a look-see if they cut him.

Nobody is calling, so they’re literally saying the same thing they did with Wentz.

Ballard is 3,steps ahead.  Checkers and Chess.

 

seriously tho, i could see some interest in him.  But i would think a late-round pick would work.  Or player for player.... Hooker?  Someone else?

They should just give him to us for Siriani and the others. 

I think if Ballard REALLY wanted Ertz enough to trade for him, he would've been included as part of the Wentz deal.

 

CB might be interested enough to bring him in IF the Eagles cut him (for cap space) but not enough to spend draft capital on him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

The Colts take Ertz and the Eagles 4th round pick. It frees the Eagles up a lot of cap space and the 4th is what the Colts would want..

If I understand you correctly....   and maybe I don’t...    we’d get Ertz AND a 4th round pick from Philly.   But what would well the Colts give up?

 

Or am I misreading you and the Colts would trade a 4 for Ertz? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

The Colts take Ertz and the Eagles 4th round pick. It frees the Eagles up a lot of cap space and the 4th is what the Colts would want..

 

You mean like swap fourths?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

If I had to guess....   Ballard would like Ertz....   but not on the terms of his current contract.

 

I'd say CB is willing to wait,  see if he gets released,  and if he does,  we will try to sign him then.   But NOT trade for him.

 

And I'd guess we'd offer a contract of 2 years and $10-12 million total.    Still a good contract,  but down from his current deal.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, poilucelt said:

I think if Ballard REALLY wanted Ertz enough to trade for him, he would've been included as part of the Wentz deal.

 

CB might be interested enough to bring him in IF the Eagles cut him (for cap space) but not enough to spend draft capital on him.

This:

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

If I had to guess....   Ballard would like Ertz....   but not on the terms of his current contract.

 

I'd say CB is willing to wait,  see if he gets released,  and if he does,  we will try to sign him then.   But NOT trade for him.

I absolutely agree and think this is the reason we're not likely to trade for him. The Eagles need to free up cap space, Ertz is all but gone, and I think Ballard is unwilling to take on the cap hit of Ertz' current contract AND give up draft capital to get him. As long as nobody else trades for him, we're apparently his favorite destination to sign with.

 

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

You mean like swap fourths?

I think they're saying something like the Brock Osweiler trade where you trade us the player and give us a draft pick for us doing you a solid of taking the cap hit of his contract. I highly doubt that would happen with Ertz, because the dead cap hit isn't anywhere near a huge as the contracts we've seen that happen with.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shive said:

I think they're saying something like the Brock Osweiler trade where you trade us the player and give us a draft pick for us doing you a solid of taking the cap hit of his contract. I highly doubt that would happen with Ertz, because the dead cap hit isn't anywhere near a huge as the contracts we've seen that happen with.

 

That is highly unlikely

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 2:40 PM, CR91 said:

 

If Ertz gets released, his preference will be the highest bidder. He already has a SB ring so he wont be as motivated based solely on that. At age 31, this could and more then likely be his last big pay day. So in the end, he will take the money from who ever will write the biggest check

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

No to a trade but would be interested in him in a prove it deal if he's released.  

 

 

I think you're going to be a happy camper in a few days, because I feel like that's exactly what's going to happen. That Philly media has no shame. I could see a scenario where someone takes a pick to absorb his cap hit, not really sure about his dead money...but it doesn't seem like the Eagles are really worried about dead money this season anyways. I'd prefer Jonnu Smith, Ertz or Rudolph in that order.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2021 at 2:39 PM, Valpo2004 said:

No to a trade but would be interested in him in a prove it deal if he's released.  

Eagles are claiming they will not release Ertz. They will trade him but if no trade, they are claiming they will keep him till his contract runs out next year. More then likely they are looking to get a comp pick next year if not traded. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Eagles are claiming they will not release Ertz. They will trade him but if no trade, they are claiming they will keep him till his contract runs out next year. More then likely they are looking to get a comp pick next year if not traded. 

With the dead cap hit the kinda don't have a choice if no one trades for him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...