Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zierlein's 10 prospects who need a good Pro Day....

Zierlein is always a good read.   And given he's tight with Ballard,  I always recommend that you read everything he says.   It's as close as we're going to get inside Ballard's head, other than hearing from CB ourselves.

Here, he lists 10 prospects, who, for a variety of reasons, he thinks they need a really good pro day to bump up their draft status.    On a personal note,  I was surprised to NOT see two of my Stanford kids on this list.    Neither Walker Little or Paulson Adebo are on his list.    Maybe he doesn't think either needs a great pro day.   But I'd disagree.    Frankly,  I think every player who opted out needs a very good pro day.    As good as they can make it.    The absence of the combine is seriously going to hurt a big number of kids.

Here's his article.    And it includes a hyper-link to the latest updated Pro Day Schedule.   Those get under way full speed this coming week.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-ten-prospects-who-could-use-a-pro-day-boost

I am shocked Walker Little is not on here for sure. This is a good list and obviously you can always think of additional people to swap out. 

As for this list I see Pat Jones as a rotational player not a key DE. Marco Wilson is not that big and I don’t want another “Quincy” Wilson. Marquez Stevenson looks like a solid WR though. 

On 3/6/2021 at 10:18 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Zierlein is always a good read.   And given he's tight with Ballard,  I always recommend that you read everything he says.   It's as close as we're going to get inside Ballard's head, other than hearing from CB ourselves.

Here, he lists 10 prospects, who, for a variety of reasons, he thinks they need a really good pro day to bump up their draft status.    On a personal note,  I was surprised to NOT see two of my Stanford kids on this list.    Neither Walker Little or Paulson Adebo are on his list.    Maybe he doesn't think either needs a great pro day.   But I'd disagree.    Frankly,  I think every player who opted out needs a very good pro day.    As good as they can make it.    The absence of the combine is seriously going to hurt a big number of kids.

Here's his article.    And it includes a hyper-link to the latest updated Pro Day Schedule.   Those get under way full speed this coming week.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-ten-prospects-who-could-use-a-pro-day-boost

Marquez Stevenson is a really interesting prospect. I need to go watch some Houston on the defensive side, they have a defensive end, Payton  Turner, whos a top prospect as well

1 hour ago, ColtV said:

Marquez Stevenson is a really interesting prospect. I need to go watch some Houston on the defensive side, they have a defensive end, Payton  Turner, whos a top prospect as well

I hear good things about both.

And if we go OT in the first, Turner is the R2 DE I hope we can draft.   He feels like a Ballard-like pass rusher to me. 

Archived