Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFLN's Chad Reuter's 4-Round Mock Draft....

So....    the Network's media guy is now back with a 4-round mock.    Yes, he will do a 5-round, and a 6, and eventually a 7-round mock.

He's got the Colts trading down a bit and picking up a 4th round pick from Cleveland.     I assume we'd also get an additional lesser pick but it's not reflected in a 4-round mock.

Here's your link:    Please note the horizontal menu bar for easy navigation for the 4-rounds,  plus all the other mocks the NFLN has already put out.    So, one stoop shopping!

Enjoy!!

https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-saints-trade-up-for-qb-in-round-1

The Colts 4 picks are...

1.  Toney        Florida WR

2.  Cosmi     Texas    OT

4.  Weaver    Pitts     DE

4.  Cisco       Syr       S

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So....    the Network's media guy is now back with a 4-round mock.    Yes, he will do a 5-round, and a 6, and eventually a 7-round mock.

He's got the Colts trading down a bit and picking up a 4th round pick from Cleveland.     I assume we'd also get an additional lesser pick but it's not reflected in a 4-round mock.

Here's your link:    Please note the horizontal menu bar for easy navigation for the 4-rounds,  plus all the other mocks the NFLN has already put out.    So, one stoop shopping!

Enjoy!!

https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-saints-trade-up-for-qb-in-round-1

The Colts 4 picks are...

I could easily see those four picks.  Ballard does seem to like those Syracuse guys. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts 4 picks are...

I don't hate it.  It's not bad at all.

What's funny is that just a couple of days ago, I made an argument that CB would have no interest in drafting an undersized slot receiver specializing in YAC.  And then I finally got my Lindy's Draft magazine, and started assembling my My Guys list from the stuff I read there.  And who is in my list?  Kadarius Toney.  An undersized slot receiver specializing in YAC.  Who also looks a lot like a young TY Hilton, if you ask me.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I could easily see those four picks.  Ballard does seem to like those Syracuse guys. 

What Syracuse guys do we have?   

I just went thru our current roster.   We have one.   Linebacker, Zaire Franklin. 

Have we had others?

And why would we spend a 4 on another safety?    We have our two starters.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He had us getting a 5th round pick too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

What Syracuse guys do we have?   

I just went thru our current roster.   We have one.   Linebacker, Zaire Franklin. 

Have we had others?

And why would we spend a 4 on another safety?    We have our two starters.  

We signed DL Kendall Coleman from Syracuse last year as an undrafted player like Blankenship was.  He didn't make the team.  So counting Franklin that's two years in a row we signed Syracuse players.  Ballard does seem to like Syracuse guys.  

• Confused 1
11 hours ago, richard pallo said:

We signed DL Kendall Coleman from Syracuse last year as an undrafted player like Blankenship was.  He didn't make the team.  So counting Franklin that's two years in a row we signed Syracuse players.  Ballard does seem to like Syracuse guys.  

Your evidence asserting this notion is, well, underwhelming. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't mind that... especially if you can get Cosmi in the second(I doubt it)... solid mock for us. I usually don't like Reuters' mocks but this one I can be happy with. 

16 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Kadarius Toney.  An undersized slot receiver specializing in YAC.  Who also looks a lot like a young TY Hilton, if you ask me.

I've seen a few people say this and I just don't see it. TY may get a screen or 2, but he came into the league as a deep speed burner that could take the top off of defenses. While he became a more refined WR, I wouldn't ever consider TY a "YAC WR", but more of a "YPC WR". Toney has insane lateral agility and explosion, but he doesn't have the gamebreaking speed that TY has.

Aside from size and playing college football in FL, I don't see any similarities in their skillset. I think guys like Tutu Atwell and Marquez Stevenson are more in the TY mold.

If you ask me, and many other amateur scouts in the Twitter draft community, I’d say that Toney would be a massive reach in the first. He is massively overhyped, and I currently have him as my WR16 in the class. I like the rest of the draft, but Toney would be a massive reach!

• Like 1
On 3/6/2021 at 3:18 PM, danlhart87 said:

I'm not big on Toney but I love the Cosmi pick. I doubt Cosmi falls that far. I'm fine taking him at 21 .

Yeah I would be stunned if we rolled the dice and didn't go left tackle with the first pick at this point. Cosmi's 2020 film is just fun to watch, especially how quickly he gets up to the 2nd level to block

On 3/7/2021 at 6:26 AM, Shive said:

I've seen a few people say this and I just don't see it. TY may get a screen or 2, but he came into the league as a deep speed burner that could take the top off of defenses. While he became a more refined WR, I wouldn't ever consider TY a "YAC WR", but more of a "YPC WR". Toney has insane lateral agility and explosion, but he doesn't have the gamebreaking speed that TY has.

Aside from size and playing college football in FL, I don't see any similarities in their skillset. I think guys like Tutu Atwell and Marquez Stevenson are more in the TY mold.

Yeah, unless he was already behind the defense, he's never been a big YAC guy.