Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do You want at LT brahs?  

81 members have voted

  1. 1. Who?

    • Nelson
      5
    • Smith
      0
    • Williams
      13
    • Villaneauvau
      15
    • Some other FA (Please name in thread)
      4
    • Some Rookie We Draft (Please name in thread)
      42
    • Other (Please name in thread)
      3


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we find the right rookie, yes.  Rookies play every year.  Get the right one, coach them up and put them out there.  

You know who protected the winning Super Bowl QB of the Tampa Bay Bucs this year?  The QB who is the G.O.A.T. at the position?  A rookie.  Tristin Wirfs was the 4th tackle taken in the 2020 draft and

Eichenberg Cosmi or Radunz 

I would like to see them draft Walker Little from Stanford. Currently a little bit under the radar for now but I think a great prospect for us and I think a Ballard type of pick.   Sort of under the radar as Leonard was.  Use the cap space on ER and WR1. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be bouncing off the walls happy if we somehow landed Slater, (small chance I know...). I think our OT and Edge correlate with each other. If we get one in the FA, we'll get the other in the draft. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Eichenberg or Walker Little are the two I've felt should be in our range.  Eichenberg when we pick in the 2nd.  Walker Little is the wildcard though.  I really like that kid.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would like to see them draft Walker Little from Stanford. Currently a little bit under the radar for now but I think a great prospect for us and I think a Ballard type of pick.   Sort of under the radar as Leonard was.  Use the cap space on ER and WR1. 

 

18 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'd be bouncing off the walls happy if we somehow landed Slater, (small chance I know...). I think our OT and Edge correlate with each other. If we get one in the FA, we'll get the other in the draft. 

 

10 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Eichenberg Cosmi or Radunz 

 

7 minutes ago, joecolts said:

Eichenberg or Walker Little are the two I've felt should be in our range.  Eichenberg when we pick in the 2nd.  Walker Little is the wildcard though.  I really like that kid.

So ya'll good with a rookie protecting our new QB?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

So ya'll good with a rookie protecting our new QB?

If we find the right rookie, yes.  Rookies play every year.  Get the right one, coach them up and put them out there.  

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

So ya'll good with a rookie protecting our new QB?

You know who protected the winning Super Bowl QB of the Tampa Bay Bucs this year?  The QB who is the G.O.A.T. at the position?  A rookie.  Tristin Wirfs was the 4th tackle taken in the 2020 draft and he started 16 regular season games for the Bucs.   It's all about getting the right one.  

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joecolts said:

You know who protected the winning Super Bowl QB of the Tampa Bay Bucs this year?  The QB who is the G.O.A.T. at the position?  A rookie.  Tristin Wirfs was the 4th tackle taken in the 2020 draft and he started 16 regular season games for the Bucs.   It's all about getting the right one.  

Wasn't Wirfs the RT 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

 

 

 

So ya'll good with a rookie protecting our new QB?

Kelly already got paid

Smith and Q are going to get paid

 

We need a LT on a rookie contract 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

 

 

 

So ya'll good with a rookie protecting our new QB?

If we can get one of the top OTs, then yes. However, I'd be fine if we got a proven talent in the FA and then used our draft to get an edge. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

If we can get one of the top OTs, then yes. However, I'd be fine if we got a proven talent in the FA and then used our draft to get an edge. 

We need to do the opposite 

Veteran Edge

Rookie OT

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Kelly already got paid

Smith and Q are going to get paid

 

We need a LT on a rookie contract 

True. But we have a window. With a little nudge we will dominate. Williams. IMHO. I just wish Eberflus was more aggressive. AND draft the future LT.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All depends on how the draft falls.. if one of the edge guys falls - Paye, Rousseau - then Colts go Edge and sign a LT.. if Darrisaw or Slater (doubtful) fall, then they grab one.

 

I’d be surprised if 2 of the 4 are available at 21

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I would like to see them draft Walker Little from Stanford. Currently a little bit under the radar for now but I think a great prospect for us and I think a Ballard type of pick.   Sort of under the radar as Leonard was. 

I absolutely agree, although Walker wasn't under the radar like Leonard. He was a former 5 star recruit that played at Stanford and was viewed as a potential top 5 pick until he got injured. He's more "forgotten" than under the radar". With his time away from the game (he also opted out last year), I don't feel comfortable slotting him as our starter initially. I'd rather bring in a solid vet like Villanueva on a 2 year deal and let Little learn and get acclimated behind him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I wish is Nelson moves to LT kills it, and we can give him LT money without hesitation.

 

What I expect is a rookie at LT possibly Eichenberg or Cosmi

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

What I wish is Nelson moves to LT kills it, and we can give him LT money without hesitation.

 

What I expect is a rookie at LT possibly Eichenberg or Cosmi

Why would you take the best guard in the NFL and make him change position. I see no upside to that.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeacefulEasonFeeling said:

True. But we have a window. With a little nudge we will dominate. Williams. IMHO. I just wish Eberflus was more aggressive. AND draft the future LT.

We have a very small crack of a window. I don't expect this team to be a contender and I think they will step back a couple of games this year. LT is the next hardest position to fill in the NFL. There is no guarantee you get a good one in the draft or as a free agent. I don't think Ballard will pay the price for a good free agent LT.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

Why would you take the best guard in the NFL and make him change position. I see no upside to that.

 

Well if he thrives you have a great LT, but mostly it's due to his next contract. I don't want to pay LT money to a guard, as you can argue the guard position is the 3rd or 4th most important offensive line position behind LT, Center, and maybe RT.

 

look at Zack Martin he used to be the best guard in the league but when the tackles got hurt the OL became terrible, because DEs ate Dak alive.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Shive said:

I absolutely agree, although Walker wasn't under the radar like Leonard. He was a former 5 star recruit that played at Stanford and was viewed as a potential top 5 pick until he got injured. He's more "forgotten" than under the radar". With his time away from the game (he also opted out last year), I don't feel comfortable slotting him as our starter initially. I'd rather bring in a solid vet like Villanueva on a 2 year deal and let Little learn and get acclimated behind him.

I think Ballard will bring a vet LT, and draft the furture as well. My fav is Walker Little, he talked to his coach and his coach told him he has enough tape out there. And with all the unknowns of this past season(covid) he would be better off sending that extra time preparing for the NFL. Which is where he has been since training and preparing for the combine(pro days). I beleive his time spent on technique and getting his body in pro shape wont go unnoticed by alot of teams

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Well if he thrives you have a great LT, but mostly it's due to his next contract. I don't want to pay LT money to a guard, as you can argue the guard position is the 3rd or 4th most important offensive line position behind LT, Center, and maybe RT.

 

look at Zack Martin he used to be the best guard in the league but when the tackles got hurt the OL became terrible, because DEs ate Dak alive.

No one is eating Big Q alive as a guard. Putting him in as a LT might get him hurt. I don't care what we pay him, he is the heart and soul of that whole line. Pay the man and find a LT.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

No one is eating Big Q alive as a guard. Putting him in as a LT might get him hurt. I don't care what we pay him, he is the heart and soul of that whole line. Pay the man and find a LT.

That's the problem, Zach Martin didn't get eaten alive, the tackles did. You also should care what we pay him because it affects the rest of the roster. I think they should experiment with him at LT, he may transfer well into the position. At the very least they should discuss it with him.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

That's the problem, Zach Martin didn't get eaten alive, the tackles did. You also should care what we pay him because it affects the rest of the roster. I think they should experiment with him at LT, he may transfer well into the position. At the very least they should discuss it with him.

I think moving Q to LT is a WCS situation! If they leave FA and Draft without a clear cut front runner at LT then Q will move.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Nelson , put best player at his natural position of LT where he has always played before college and let him excel and protect your QB and anchor the line

Who do you put at LG then

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Who do you put at LG then

Currently I would put Pittner though drafting a Guard later in draft depending how it falls. Also would love to see Smith moved to LG and form a super combo which I dont think any squad could really stop (Smith was seen as a more natural Guard than Tackle duo to short arms but like Q I think could excel anywhere) in which case I move Will Holden into the RT spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Currently I would put Pittner though drafting a Guard later in draft depending how it falls. Also would love to see Smith moved to LG and form a super combo which I dont think any squad could really stop (Smith was seen as a more natural Guard than Tackle duo to short arms but like Q I think could excel anywhere) in which case I move Will Holden into the RT spot.

Moving Pinter there adds more depth problems. Its an easy fix sure but backup LT and LG beyond Q and Pinter becomes a ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I think moving Q to LT is a WCS situation! If they leave FA and Draft without a clear cut front runner at LT then Q will move.

I guess how I see it if Nelson moves to LT and is a top 10 LT instead of the best guard. I'm good with that trade off, Then draft a guard. But like I said below this is a wish not what I expect.

 

2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

What I wish is Nelson moves to LT kills it, and we can give him LT money without hesitation.

 

What I expect is a rookie at LT possibly Eichenberg or Cosmi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I guess how I see it if Nelson moves to LT and is a top 10 LT instead of the best guard. I'm good with that trade off, Then draft a guard. But like I said below this is a wish not what I expect.

 

 

Ballard better be 100% confident in the move! Id rather draft LT and have Q help him at LG.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Ballard better be 100% confident in the move! Id rather draft LT and have Q help him at LG.

They would have to talk to Nelson but if he was confident in moving, I think he would excel

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, life long said:

LT Kelly

LG Smith

C Luke Rhodes

RG Grover Stewart

RT Glowinski

 

Trade Nelson and this years first for Dalvin Cook.

 

:Wooo:

 

I don't know about Smith at LG I think you should put Leonard there

 

LT Kelly

LG Leonard

C Rhodes

RG Stewart

RT Glowinski

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • If Doyle doesn’t retire already had him being cut saving the Colts $5.45 million against the cap next season.  A replacement in FA would be TE Dallas Goedert (Eagles).  In Round 1 am projecting TE Jalen Wydermyer from Texas A&M to be a target.   Both Rhodes and Carrie I project to be unsigned.  RCB Rasul Douglas (Raiders) would be a backup RCB might be a target.  If we had the cap space RCB Darious Williams (Rams) went UDFA to NFL star 11m valuation (15m easily).  Still hold out on adding FS Marcus Williams (Saints) who is playing on a 10.6m tag.  Should get around 4yr/60m 35m guaranteed.   In the end I doubt the Colts sign any of these options and focus on the draft.   I like the Sam Tevi addition and think the Colts got a steal of a deal for him.  Am hoping Fisher is healthy and can start by week 5 giving the Colts an option to trade Tevi to a team that just drafted a rookie LT that is struggling or got injured and need trade capital.  See Will Holden as our 3rd LT and Davenport getting released during cut downs.  One idea is to sign Fisher to his one year contract this year and use additional capital to go after someone younger like RT Brian O’Neill (Vikings).  Was very high on O’Neill coming out of college as a LT.  O’Neill and Smith are two of the best players currently playing RT that moved from original college positions and have flourished.  O’Neill would be a long-shot addition but would create options to mix-n-match scenarios here.  Either way by not drafting a rookie OL that can start we are going to be financially hurting I believe next off-season unless we cut players like Doyle and Stewart with a Post-June 1 designation.  I don’t see the Colts being aggressive next off-season in Free Agency but below is an early look to next off-season have been working on.   FA Adds RT Brian O’Neill (move to LT) 4yr/64m 16m APY with 30m guaranteed.  Option 2: resign Fisher with 2 year extension 12m/15m   Cut IDL Grover Stewart – save 8.125m or 9.378m June 1 Cut TE Jack Doyle – save 5.45m   Resign/Extend LB Darius Leonard -not a true MLB. My original offer 5 years $82.5 million 40m guaranteed  RT Braden Smith 4/58m 30m guaranteed LG Nelson 5 years $85 million (17m) = 15m, 16m, 17m, 18m, 19m – top LG makes 14.781m / yr TE Mo Allie-Cox 3yr/20.8 or 6.93 APY (5.5-6.8-8.5)  WR Zach Pascal 3/24 8m APY (5.4-8.6-10)  LDE Tyquan Lewis 3/11.4m 3.8m APY (2.2m, 3.8m, 5.4m)  RB Nyheim Hines 3yr/13.645m (4.55m APY) (base 3.9m, 4.5m 5.65m with 1.35m roster bonus each year) Similar to A. Eckler  DE Kemoko Turay 1/2m  LT Will Holden 1/1.4m 1 C Joey Hunt 1/1.25m 9 RG/LG Chris Reed (OTC eval 6.3m backup capable of 13.4m pay play) signed for 1.127m renew 1/1.75m RG Glowinski 2yr/18m DE Al-Quadin Muhammad 1yr/4m 12.063m cap space IDL Isaac Rochell 2/3-3.5m 9.063m cap space   2022 Early Draft    Edge Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge, Oregon RD 1 Drake Jackson, Edge, USC – or LB good 2019 RD 1 Myjai Sanders, EDGE, Cincinnati – all day every day good hand moves and pass deflections RD 2 George Karlaftis III, DL, Purdue – solid 2019 7.5 sacks 1 FF 2 PDs – great field awareness hands for Ints Aidan Hutchinson, IDL, Michigan 2019 only decent year 4.5 sacks 2 FFs 6 PDs.  6’6” 269 LBS.  Great catch-up speed RD 2-3   CB   Derek Stingley JR, CB, LSU – career year in 2019 6 INTs and 15 PDs.  Low 2020 but FF RD 1 Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida – low tkls, 2-3 INTs/yr improved 2020 with 11 PDs RD 1-2 Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati – 3 INTs each year 2020/2019 and 6-8 PDs RD 1 Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn – 1 FF capable of INTs and decent at PDs 6/11 2020/2019   S Kyle Hamilton, S, ND – hands for INTs and 6-7 PDs/yr RD 1 Kolby Harvell-Peel, S, Oklahoma State – sacks, FFs, hands for INTs and 2019 13 PDs RD 2-3   WR Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson RD 2 George Pickens, WR, Georgia RD 1 John Metchie III, WR, Alabama RD 2-3 Romeo Doubs, WR, Nevada   LB Christian Harris, LB, Alabama – size, sacks, FF, Int RD 1-2 Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah - size, sacks, FF, Int – low on PDs   OL RG Cain Madden, Marshall Finished top 10 among RGs RT Evan Neal, Alabama R2-3 RT Darian Kinnard, Kentucky R3-4   Come draft day be it Round 1 or Round 2 would like to see the Colts address either WR or CB early but with our Edges I wouldn’t be upset if we drafted someone like Myjai Sanders (Cincinnati).  Realize pay scale always influx and we hope the cap increases at the end of next year and players might just play to bigger contracts.  Good baseline to start with and reason why teams draft rookies to help off-set the rising costs of contract extensions.  
    • As you likely guessed, I think we either re-sign Fisher or re-sign one OR both of Tevi and/or Davenport.   Figured if we couldn’t find a LT that worked for us at pick 54 this year,  we’re likely not going to find one in the 2nd round next year.  I think we’d fill the hole with someone until 2023 and use our 1st in that draft to fill the LT.  But for now, I’m guessing EF.      As to CB, if we had to, we could go corner in the 2nd and TE in the 3rd.  But, for whatever reason, I’m far more optimistic on Rock and Tell than most here.  
    • Believe it or not, some people thought JT was better than Saquan
    • Wouldn't say people didn't think he wouldn't live up to the hype, but about 70% of the board did not like that pick (or at least 70% of the posts were negative).  
    • I’d have to think that TE and LT are at the top of the list. Fisher is only on a 1 year deal after all.    CB really scares me personally though. Carrie and Rhodes gone after the season and who knows what we will get from Ya-Sin and Tell.
  • Members

    • AwesomeAustin

      AwesomeAustin 717

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coltpwr

      Coltpwr 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fluke_33

      Fluke_33 2,779

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Behle

      Behle 49

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • TwoTonShogun

      TwoTonShogun 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 5,625

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solid84

      Solid84 33

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Rolltide_gocolts

      Rolltide_gocolts 68

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jskinnz

      jskinnz 1,972

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Introspect

      Introspect 196

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...