Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best LT in Indianapolis Colts history

BlueShoe

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would say just going by Indianapolis Colts history that between Jeff Saturday and Chris Hinton it is close regarding all-time overall best O.Lineman. Bob Sanders deserves to be in the ROH, DPOY in 2007 and we don't win the SB without him in 2006.

Big Q is the Best Lineman in Colts History Baltimore or Indy.

On 3/5/2021 at 5:52 PM, Thebrashandthebold said:

Big Q is the Best Lineman in Colts History Baltimore or Indy.

Can't compare eras, and Q is awesome-but he's still behind Jim Parker leading the 1950's-1960s Colts Lines in relationship to other NFL Linemen of that time. No other 50s-60s linemen came close

21 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

I’ll vote for Tarik Glenn lol

The only LT to win a SB with the Indianapolis Colts.

Gotta get a ring to be in the convo..

Excellent logic, thanks. Therefore, Dylan Gandy (who started right next to Tarik) is the best Left Guard who ever played for the Indy Colts - and is significantly better than Big Q, since Q has no ring. Good to know. :funny:

2 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Can't compare eras, and Q is awesome-but he's still behind Jim Parker leading the 1950's-1960s Colts Lines in relationship to other NFL Linemen of that time. No other 50s-60s linemen came close

I don't believe that. I think Q is the best ever. Those 50s and 60s guys didn't have to face 300 to 350 pound defenders coming at them all of the time. Q would have eaten the competition alive in those days even more than he does today.

12 hours ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

I don't believe that. I think Q is the best ever. Those 50s and 60s guys didn't have to face 300 to 350 pound defenders coming at them all of the time. Q would have eaten the competition alive in those days even more than he does today.

That's why there can't be a comparison.  Parker constantly faced and constantly beat 300 lbs Rosey Grier (NFL HOF)in the 50s, when the average lineman weighed less than 240 lbs.  Parker's Colts won numerous Championships, is in the NFL HOF, and his 77 is retired. It's impossible to know what Q would have been or done in the 1950s. Were his Parents even born by then? 

Archived