Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

I have been thinking for a couple months now.  With Frank Reich mentioning how we should have an advantage in the draft, got me thinking more about it.  Everyone keeps mentioning possibly trading back a couple times, but could there be increase risk with that?  With the Eagles signing Nick Sirriani and a few of our other coaches, would this potentially force our hands earlier than we want in the draft?  I remember when the media team released path to the draft, Ballard always talked to coaches about potential target prospects for the draft.  This would mean Nick Sirriani and his coaches knows majority of the prospects on our board and how we have them ranked.  Obviously these are 2 different teams, with different needs, it is still a thought that stays with me.  Could this make the draft a chess match between the Colts and the Eagles? Chris Ballard and Nick Sirriani/Eagles GM?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

I have been thinking for a couple months now.  With Frank Reich mentioning how we should have an advantage in the draft, got me thinking more about it.  Everyone keeps mentioning possibly trading back a couple times, but could there be increase risk with that?  With the Eagles signing Nick Sirriani and a few of our other coaches, would this potentially force our hands earlier than we want in the draft?  I remember when the media team released path to the draft, Ballard always talked to coaches about potential target prospects for the draft.  This would mean Nick Sirriani and his coaches knows majority of the prospects on our board and how we have them ranked.  Obviously these are 2 different teams, with different needs, it is still a thought that stays with me.  Could this make the draft a chess match between the Colts and the Eagles? Chris Ballard and Nick Sirriani/Eagles GM?

When did he mention that?   And was his reasoning because of Ballard and the scouts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

I have been thinking for a couple months now.  With Frank Reich mentioning how we should have an advantage in the draft, got me thinking more about it.  Everyone keeps mentioning possibly trading back a couple times, but could there be increase risk with that?  With the Eagles signing Nick Sirriani and a few of our other coaches, would this potentially force our hands earlier than we want in the draft?  I remember when the media team released path to the draft, Ballard always talked to coaches about potential target prospects for the draft.  This would mean Nick Sirriani and his coaches knows majority of the prospects on our board and how we have them ranked.  Obviously these are 2 different teams, with different needs, it is still a thought that stays with me.  Could this make the draft a chess match between the Colts and the Eagles? Chris Ballard and Nick Sirriani/Eagles GM?

What Sirianni knows now is not close to the final Colts final draft product.   Many of our decisions won’t be made until April.  Our final Big Board likely won’t be official until early to mid-April.   We should be ok...  

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Nick has enough on his plate right now to not really focus on what we’re doing. He should be giving his undivided attention to the Eagles and what’s best for them. Trying to play chess with us would be a waste of time. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is, it's gonna be a feeding frenzy in two weeks.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's like wondering because Sirianni knows the ingredients Indy needs to make a great carrot cake on Indy, understanding what he needs to make a wonderful tomato sauce on Philly, will somehow screw Indy's carrot cake up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pelt said:

That's like wondering because Sirianni knows the ingredients Indy needs to make a great carrot cake on Indy, understanding what he needs to make a wonderful tomato sauce on Philly, will somehow screw Indy's carrot cake up. 

Idk, I make a mean tomato carrot cake.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Ok..  2 questions. Who's White and who's  Black?

Will the Queens Gambit be deployed? 

 

:D

Be careful.  You Gonna get Castled   LOL

 

Thank you    I forgot how much I love to play chess      Been years but.   Anyway

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Eagles pick 9 spots ahead of us as it is and that will obviously be more if Ballard trades back. What the Eagles do will likely have very little influence on what the Colts do and vice versa.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

McAfee had Rossini on today talking about how it's gonna be a massacre this week. I'm not so sure about that. Some of these guys yeah are gonna get let go but anyone with a bonus they are gonna also be looking at waiting for June 1 so they can spread the hit out away from this year. It's definitely gonna be a bloodbath but I don't think we will see it all this week. Again way too much draft capital being spent and not enough backloaded contracts for proven talent. It's definitely going to be interesting though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

What Sirianni knows now is not close to the final Colts final draft product.   Many of our decisions won’t be made until April.  Our final Big Board likely won’t be official until early to mid-April.   We should be ok...  

Yes, your exactly right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Magnus Carlsen vs Garry Kasparov, when?? Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons- Castle early, protect your King with the one Rook and 2 Pawns in front of your King. Trade Queens with your opponent, most people you play panic without their Queen - I don't, I love that situation, and rip the opponent apart with your Knights, Bishops and other Rook :thmup:.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They talk to the coaches in the off-season about drafts not during .  Nick was hired right after the season the coaches probably don’t meet to talk draft until later for that very same reason . Nick knows nothing and has zero power in philly with the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

What Sirianni knows now is not close to the Colts final draft product.   Many of our decisions won’t be made until April.  Our final Big Board likely won’t be official until early to mid-April.   We should be ok...  

Checkmate

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BluesGirl said:

Be careful.  You Gonna get Castled   LOL

 

Thank you    I forgot how much I love to play chess      Been years but.   Anyway

 

Me too. I haven't played in years.

It's getting popular again I heard. Because of a series called Queens Gambit on Netflix.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Sirianni is focused on messing up the Colts draft then he is probably failing for Philly.  Totally different situations for the two teams.  And there is no real upside for him.  We aren't in the same division or even the same conference.

 

Will some the Colts scouting info impact some of his assessment of players coming out in the draft?  Sure.  But Philly will be setting up their draft board based on their evaluation of players and their needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

What Sirianni knows now is not close to the final Colts final draft product.   Many of our decisions won’t be made until April.  Our final Big Board likely won’t be official until early to mid-April.   We should be ok...  

I agree with you in principal but the big board will be filled with players that may or may not have been discussed while Sirriani was with the team and you have to assume a lot were.

 

Where this could manifest is with hypothetical player Bill Noname a SS out of Tulsa state that a lot of teams havent scouted heavily. The Colts love this kid and are thinking he could be a 4-5 round player depending on workouts etc. Sirriani could very easily, and frankly should, tell his scouting dept to take a serious look at Bill Noname. They do and decide Ballard found something here and pick him in the 4th round. 

 

Is it going to make or break the draft? I doubt it but Id be shocked if Sirriani doesnt share any Colts info with the Eagles scouting dept.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

I agree with you in principal but the big board will be filled with players that may or may not have been discussed while Sirriani was with the team and you have to assume a lot were.

 

Where this could manifest is with hypothetical player Bill Noname a SS out of Tulsa state that a lot of teams havent scouted heavily. The Colts love this kid and are thinking he could be a 4-5 round player depending on workouts etc. Sirriani could very easily, and frankly should, tell his scouting dept to take a serious look at Bill Noname. They do and decide Ballard found something here and pick him in the 4th round. 

 

Is it going to make or break the draft? I doubt it but Id be shocked if Sirriani doesnt share any Colts info with the Eagles scouting dept.

I also think Sirianni will share what he can.  And yet, I’m still not worried about it.   I don’t think much has been shared yet by the Colts. And Sirianni doesn’t know how much we like Noname.   3rd round, 4th round, 5th round, etc.   That decision won’t be made final until April.   I think all Nick might know is we like the guy as a Day 3 draft pick,   But that leaves open plenty of possibilities.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have different needs in the draft, so that shouldn't matter. However I can see us moving up to the Eagles spot to get a big OT that we want. It would cost us our #2 pick, but I can see it. Our #1 and $2 pick for the Eagles #1 and their #4 pick..

Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand where everyone is coming from, but I think there is a little too much emphasis on the sabotage mindset.  I'm just more referring to players of interest that are under the radar.  Say there's a DII WR that we want to Target in the 4th Rd that many teams may not know about, but Sirriani who I'm sure been in some scouting meetings also has interest in the same WR.   it would make since for the eagles to draft a WR.  Would he insist to the Eagles GM to draft him earlier than he's projected to go, knowing the colts have similar interests

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Draft experienced college starter LDE types like Payton Turner or Carlos Basham in the 2nd round for immediate help, and a more bendy guy like Chancey Golston in the later rounds...which is where bendy developmental guys should be drafted.   The thing with Houston might be beyond Ballard's immediate control.  Houston might be thinking he could do the Veldeer move...sign with a playoff team late in the year and hope to slide into a Super Bowl ring situation....unless the money to play the entire year blows him away.
    • I like Walker Little or even Spencer Brown. I just think size and strength is important. I know Spencer Brown is a small school guy but he had elite testing and he had a good showing at the Senior Bowl. He’s one of the guys who handled Patrick Jones all day long in the one-on-one’s. 
    • Yeah I’m with you on this.  Especially if we can resign Houston or sign another veteran ER.  Fix OT and take a WR or CB with the first two picks and we have a chance at another great draft.  I am hearing and reading a lot of reports today about a lot more teams willing to trade back.  I see that as a red flag especially in light of a weak ER class.  With all of the uncertainty this year I would prefer we draft into the strength of the class.  TY an Rhodes aren’t getting any younger. 
    • I really do not understand the idea of not paying Darius Leonard or Nelson because they don't play "premium positions". There are only so many elite talents at each position on the football field. I think most people would look at the Colts and say we have 3 or 4 elite talents (Big Q, Leonard, Bucker, and possibly Taylor). Would it be nice if we could fill each position on the football with an elite talent? Sure it would. Is it possible? NO. Elite talent covers for the deficiencies at other positions. Our offensive line was average at best before the addition of Big Q. Now the Colts OLine is looked at as one the top units in the NFL. Our defense isn't elite yet but it is much better than it would be without Leonard and Buckner. When you have proven elite talent you keep it because it makes everyone on the field better. I would love it if we could have all-pros at every position on the field but it isn't possible. When you do have all-pros you pay them.
    • MAC can take over for Doyle as the traditional blocking/possession TE.  He's not the kind of dynamic TE Irsay was talking about a while back.   If we don't acquire Ertz for 1 or 2 years, Tremble, McKitty, or Brevin Jordan from UMiami would fit that profile.   Since we're a little thin/unstable at the receiver position, acquiring that move TE this year will help Wentz get comfortable.
  • Members

    • UKColt13

      UKColt13 169

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MikeCurtis

      MikeCurtis 2,363

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • OffensivelyPC

      OffensivelyPC 1,119

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nate!

      Nate! 226

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • AustinnKaine

      AustinnKaine 347

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Twistedcolt

      Twistedcolt 1

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Superman

      Superman 9,408

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • teganslaw

      teganslaw 439

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 5,357

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • richard pallo

      richard pallo 2,815

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...