Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

I just recently completed a mock draft on TDN with their premium service, along with a YouTube video about 3 free agents I think the Colts should target. Trent Williams, Hunter Henry, and Carl Lawson. This was my first time using TDN to complete a mock draft with trades. 

 

 

RD1 Pick 27 from Packers: Gregory Rousseau (DE Miami) 

 

RD 2 Pick 64 From Buccaneers: Amon-Ra St Brown (WR USC)

 

RD 3 Pick 87 From Steelers: Paulson Adebo (CB Stanford) - Initially, I traded the 92nd overall pick up to 80 didn't like that value so I traded 80 back for more picks. 

 

RD 4 Pick 127 Walker Little (OT Stanford) 

 

RD 4 Pick 137 From Buccaneers: Tre Mckitty (TE Georgia)

 

RD 5 Pick 166 Pooka Williams (RB Kansas) 

 

RD 6 Pick 207 Damar Hamilin (S Pittsburgh) 

 

R6 Pick 217 From Steelers: Tuf Borland LB Ohio State 

 

RD 7 Pick 240 From Steelers: Trevon Grimes WR Florida 

 

 

I'm not suggesting any of these picks will happen but its nice to do these mock drafts because it gives you the sense of who will be on Ballard's board come draft time. 

 

 

 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockDraft/9Osm5GQ9c1

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DownHillRunner said:

I just recently completed a mock draft on TDN with their premium service, along with a YouTube video about 3 free agents I think the Colts should target. Trent Williams, Hunter Henry, and Carl Lawson. This was my first time using TDN to complete a mock draft with trades. 

 

 

RD1 Pick 27 from Packers: Gregory Rousseau (DE Miami) 

 

RD 2 Pick 64 From Buccaneers: Amon-Ra St Brown (WR USC)

 

RD 3 Pick 87 From Steelers: Paulson Adebo (CB Stanford) - Initially, I traded the 92nd overall pick up to 80 didn't like that value so I traded 80 back for more picks. 

 

RD 4 Pick 127 Walker Little (OT Stanford) 

 

RD 4 Pick 137 From Buccaneers: Tre Mckitty (TE Georgia)

 

RD 5 Pick 166 Pooka Williams (RB Kansas) 

 

RD 6 Pick 207 Damar Hamilin (S Pittsburgh) 

 

R6 Pick 217 From Steelers: Tuf Borland LB Ohio State 

 

RD 7 Pick 240 From Steelers: Trevon Grimes WR Florida 

 

 

I'm not suggesting any of these picks will happen but its nice to do these mock drafts because it gives you the sense of who will be on Ballard's board come draft time. 

 

 

 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockDraft/9Osm5GQ9c1

So...   if I read this correctly.    We traded back in the first and second round and picked up a 3, a 4, and a 6.    Is that correct?   

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think a trade back with the Packers is an excellent idea this year.  With Draftek's trade chart and the updated compensation picks being added into their system both teams would benefit.  Currently the Packers have compensation picks in both Rounds R5P174 and R6P217.

 

If the Colts trade back with the Packers and following Draftek's trade chart can see the Colts get GB R3P92, R5P170 and R6P211.  Again GB still has two picks available 4 picks later in each Round 5 and 6.

 

I like the double trade with the Steelers as well.  Have also been tinkering with trades and after dealing trades with the Packers looked at the Steelers for a second trade partner as well.  With the additional picks we acquired we then trade them to Pittsburgh R5P162, R5P170 via GB-IND-PIT, and pick up the Steelers R4P124.

 

Then for the draft would look something along these lines:

 

R1P29 (GB-Colts) RCB Ifeatu Melifonwu (Syracuse)

R2P54 WR Nico Collins (Michigan)

R3P92 (GB-Colts) DT Marlon Tuipulotu (USC)

R4P123 TE Tre’ McKitty (Georgia)

R4P124 (PIT-IND) DE Jordan Smith (UAB) played both edges

R6P180 RG Ben Cleveland (Georgia) or RG Tommy Kraemer (ND)

R6P211 (GB-IND) – C Ryan McCollum (Texas AM)

R7P243 RB Gerrid Doaks (Cincy)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another reason why I think the Steelers might be ideal second trade partners is that they have a 4th Round compensation pick 13 picks later but no pick in Round 5.

 

Do like the Walker Little pick and hope he does slide to say the 4th and we could nab him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So if we have say 45 mil for cap space you just spent at least 36 to 38 of that on 3 players. 
 

Trent is at least 16 per year

Lawson is probably low ball 10 but likely 12 a year

Hunter is 10. 
 

now you have a draft plus 12 other roster spots to fill. Is this possible? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

So if we have say 45 mil for cap space you just spent at least 36 to 38 of that on 3 players. 
 

Trent is at least 16 per year

Lawson is probably low ball 10 but likely 12 a year

Hunter is 10. 
 

now you have a draft plus 12 other roster spots to fill. Is this possible? 

Does it even really matter what the names are or the position of need sought out?  Personally I think too many folks on here overthink the thought process naming names and simply try to satisfy the masses with positions of obvious needs.  Colts will have some of the most cap space to be able to go after a few big name signings in attempts to be in a win now mode for a few years and beyond.  Classic examples can been seen this year and the aftermath of overpaying players such as the Saints, Rams, Eagles, and TB Bucs to name a few off head.  Sad reality of the NFL and the urgency to win now mindset.  All too often we see teams sign big name players only to be released with a few years and absorb big contracts unless teams work out the deals and pay more upfront and can release said player for little to nothing negatively against their own team cap space.  Ultimately it's none of our fan based decisions that will monetarily affect the Club's financial decisions.  We all can dream big.  Never did enjoy the count on losing this Sunday era.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Does it even really matter what the names are or the position of need sought out?  Personally I think too many folks on here overthink the thought process naming names and simply try to satisfy the masses with positions of obvious needs.  Colts will have some of the most cap space to be able to go after a few big name signings in attempts to be in a win now mode for a few years and beyond.  Classic examples can been seen this year and the aftermath of overpaying players such as the Saints, Rams, Eagles, and TB Bucs to name a few off head.  Sad reality of the NFL and the urgency to win now mindset.  All too often we see teams sign big name players only to be released with a few years and absorb big contracts unless teams work out the deals and pay more upfront and can release said player for little to nothing negatively against their own team cap space.  Ultimately it's none of our fan based decisions that will monetarily affect the Club's financial decisions.  We all can dream big.  Never did enjoy the count on losing this Sunday era.

Whoever Ballard goes after I have complete support. I’m a Colts loyalist and I like Ballard. So names positions and all of that... no I don’t care. I may have thoughts on a few but who am I? When a post is made I like many others will post their own opinion. That’s all any of this is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

So...   if I read this correctly.    We traded back in the first and second round and picked up a 3, a 4, and a 6.    Is that correct?   

I'm assuming the author forgot to explain the 2022 picks that were obtained in these trades. Otherwise, it makes no sense. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hoose said:

I'm assuming the author forgot to explain the 2022 picks that were obtained in these trades. Otherwise, it makes no sense. 


Yes that is correct my mistake. 
 

 

 

There were 2022 picks obtain in these trades. In Particular the one with the Raiders to obtain 80. The Draft Network’s mock system is a little confusing because once you trade with someone and hit restart draft it doesn’t restart the draft until you send a trade not the simulator itself. 
 

 

Greg Rousseau was still on the board at 27 and it was surprised to me because most scouts and draft experts have him going in the top 20. 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...