Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kyle Rudolph Released (merge)

18 minutes ago, Indeee said:

No thanks... Rudolph is terrible

He's another Jack Doyle type and YES Doyle must go by hopefully a trade to get us at least a 5th

Why do you think Doyle must go? 

There is always room on the roster for a TE that has good hands and moves the chains. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

There is always room on the roster for a TE that has good hands and moves the chains. 

Come on... No, you know what, I realize some here like Doyle. I just have never liked Doyle. Doyle is not an impact player to me. Yes I know that sometimes a key first down pickup by a Doyle catch is an impact play in that moment, it's just Doyle has so few moments that he might as well be on another team making a very low impact. Honestly, Ebron in his first year with Colts ironically has been the best TE the colts have had since Dallas Clark... That should tell you something

35 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Come on... No, you know what, I realize some here like Doyle. I just have never liked Doyle. Doyle is not an impact player to me. Yes I know that sometimes a key first down pickup by a Doyle catch is an impact play in that moment, it's just Doyle has so few moments that he might as well be on another team making a very low impact. Honestly, Ebron in his first year with Colts ironically has been the best TE the colts have had since Dallas Clark... That should tell you something

Doyle don't drop the ball near as much as Ebron did and still does. The Steeler fans are not happy at all about his drops. He was never as sure handed as Jack is. 

The season Ebron had was an outlier. His time with the Steelers has shown that. 

You may dis on Jack but you can bet the coaches don't. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Doyle don't drop the ball near as much as Ebron did and still does. The Steeler fans are not happy at all about his drops. He was never as sure handed as Jack is. 

The season Ebron had was an outlier. His time with the Steelers has shown that. 

You may dis on Jack but you can bet the coaches don't. 

Who said anything about dropping the ball? I said IMPACT Player... In 2020 Doyle was thrown to an average of twice per game... TWO times a game, catching 1.5 passes a game, 3 TD's... There were more passes thrown per game out of bounds than to Doyle...:lol:

In 2018 Ebron was thrown to 7 times a game.. Catching 4.5 passes a game, 13 TD's

In fact, if you take Doyles targets per game for his entire career with the Colts his average is 3 targets(not catches) per game... THREE a game...

You call that IMPACT... ?? I call that Terrible

By comparison Kyle Rudolph career 4.5 targets per game

Zach Ertz... career 7.5 targets a game.....

I didn't want to use Kelsey or Kittle as that would skew this exercise

TJ Hockenson has a career target of 6 a game and he has missed 4 games... 

Anyway, as I stated originally... Doyle and Rudolph are trash!! Definately not impact players

Who cares if he never really drops the ball... HE NEVER GETS THROWN TO. There is a reason why that is and it's called not in the game plan unless it's a last resort

Come on... 

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Who said anything about dropping the ball? I said IMPACT Player... In 2020 Doyle was thrown to an average of twice per game... TWO times a game, catching 1.5 passes a game, 3 TD's... There were more passes thrown per game out of bounds than to Doyle...:lol:

In 2018 Ebron was thrown to 7 times a game.. Catching 4.5 passes a game, 13 TD's

In fact, if you take Doyles targets per game for his entire career with the Colts his average is 3 targets(not catches) per game... THREE a game...

You call that IMPACT... ?? I call that Terrible

By comparison Kyle Rudolph career 4.5 targets per game

Zach Ertz... career 7.5 targets a game.....

I didn't want to use Kelsey or Kittle as that would skew this exercise

TJ Hockenson has a career target of 6 a game and he has missed 4 games... 

Anyway, as I stated originally... Doyle and Rudolph are trash!! Definately not impact players

Who cares if he never really drops the ball... HE NEVER GETS THROWN TO. There is a reason why that is and it's called not in the game plan unless it's a last resort

Come on... 

So I guess you think the QB and or the plays called by Frank has zero to do with it? 

When Jack IS called upon he produces. 

Like I said, you can dis on Jack all you want but I highly doubt he is going anywhere except the starting lineup for the Colts. 

3 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Curious. Why?

He is more of a red zone special guy with more downs contributed in blocking than anything else, at this stage of his career. For a cheap 1-2 year deal, since there is always value for inline TEs that can block, yes. Otherwise, no.

On 3/3/2021 at 11:28 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Doyle does so much more than just catching. Hes a big part of the run game. Rudolf is a great blocker too, if we can sign him cheap he's the right kinda a guy for Indy.

• w87r changed the title to Kyle Rudolph Released (merge)
3 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Doyle does so much more than just catching. Hes a big part of the run game. Rudolf is a great blocker too, if we can sign him cheap he's the right kinda a guy for Indy.

He is a great fit for the NE Patriots style of offense.

Archived