Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Indeee said:

No thanks... Rudolph is terrible

 

He's another Jack Doyle type and YES Doyle must go by hopefully a trade to get us at least a 5th

Why do you think Doyle must go? 

There is always room on the roster for a TE that has good hands and moves the chains. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why do you think Doyle must go? 

There is always room on the roster for a TE that has good hands and moves the chains. 

Come on... No, you know what, I realize some here like Doyle. I just have never liked Doyle. Doyle is not an impact player to me. Yes I know that sometimes a key first down pickup by a Doyle catch is an impact play in that moment, it's just Doyle has so few moments that he might as well be on another team making a very low impact. Honestly, Ebron in his first year with Colts ironically has been the best TE the colts have had since Dallas Clark... That should tell you something

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Come on... No, you know what, I realize some here like Doyle. I just have never liked Doyle. Doyle is not an impact player to me. Yes I know that sometimes a key first down pickup by a Doyle catch is an impact play in that moment, it's just Doyle has so few moments that he might as well be on another team making a very low impact. Honestly, Ebron in his first year with Colts ironically has been the best TE the colts have had since Dallas Clark... That should tell you something

Doyle don't drop the ball near as much as Ebron did and still does. The Steeler fans are not happy at all about his drops. He was never as sure handed as Jack is. 

The season Ebron had was an outlier. His time with the Steelers has shown that. 

You may dis on Jack but you can bet the coaches don't. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Doyle don't drop the ball near as much as Ebron did and still does. The Steeler fans are not happy at all about his drops. He was never as sure handed as Jack is. 

The season Ebron had was an outlier. His time with the Steelers has shown that. 

You may dis on Jack but you can bet the coaches don't. 

Who said anything about dropping the ball? I said IMPACT Player... In 2020 Doyle was thrown to an average of twice per game... TWO times a game, catching 1.5 passes a game, 3 TD's... There were more passes thrown per game out of bounds than to Doyle...:lol:

 

In 2018 Ebron was thrown to 7 times a game.. Catching 4.5 passes a game, 13 TD's

 

In fact, if you take Doyles targets per game for his entire career with the Colts his average is 3 targets(not catches) per game... THREE a game...

 

You call that IMPACT... ?? I call that Terrible

 

By comparison Kyle Rudolph career 4.5 targets per game

 

Zach Ertz... career 7.5 targets a game.....

 

I didn't want to use Kelsey or Kittle as that would skew this exercise

 

TJ Hockenson has a career target of 6 a game and he has missed 4 games... 

 

Anyway, as I stated originally... Doyle and Rudolph are trash!! Definately not impact players

 

Who cares if he never really drops the ball... HE NEVER GETS THROWN TO. There is a reason why that is and it's called not in the game plan unless it's a last resort

 

Come on... 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Who said anything about dropping the ball? I said IMPACT Player... In 2020 Doyle was thrown to an average of twice per game... TWO times a game, catching 1.5 passes a game, 3 TD's... There were more passes thrown per game out of bounds than to Doyle...:lol:

 

In 2018 Ebron was thrown to 7 times a game.. Catching 4.5 passes a game, 13 TD's

 

In fact, if you take Doyles targets per game for his entire career with the Colts his average is 3 targets(not catches) per game... THREE a game...

 

You call that IMPACT... ?? I call that Terrible

 

By comparison Kyle Rudolph career 4.5 targets per game

 

Zach Ertz... career 7.5 targets a game.....

 

I didn't want to use Kelsey or Kittle as that would skew this exercise

 

TJ Hockenson has a career target of 6 a game and he has missed 4 games... 

 

Anyway, as I stated originally... Doyle and Rudolph are trash!! Definately not impact players

 

Who cares if he never really drops the ball... HE NEVER GETS THROWN TO. There is a reason why that is and it's called not in the game plan unless it's a last resort

 

Come on... 

 

 

So I guess you think the QB and or the plays called by Frank has zero to do with it? 

When Jack IS called upon he produces. 

Like I said, you can dis on Jack all you want but I highly doubt he is going anywhere except the starting lineup for the Colts. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is going to be a massacre in the up coming weeks many teams trying to get under the expected 180 mil cap and make room for priority free agents. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Curious. Why?

 

He is more of a red zone special guy with more downs contributed in blocking than anything else, at this stage of his career. For a cheap 1-2 year deal, since there is always value for inline TEs that can block, yes. Otherwise, no.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2021 at 11:28 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Why do you think Doyle must go? 

There is always room on the roster for a TE that has good hands and moves the chains. 

Doyle does so much more than just catching. Hes a big part of the run game. Rudolf is a great blocker too, if we can sign him cheap he's the right kinda a guy for Indy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • w87r changed the title to Kyle Rudolph Released (merge)
3 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Doyle does so much more than just catching. Hes a big part of the run game. Rudolf is a great blocker too, if we can sign him cheap he's the right kinda a guy for Indy.

 

He is a great fit for the NE Patriots style of offense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Surprised no one had signed Hooker yet. He's still pretty good and he's young
    • I get what you are saying.  But if Ballard truly believes this I don't think he will be pressured into having to go for an edge rusher early.  I think quite a few people could be disappointed by his draft if that is what they are expecting.   I am not saying whether it is right or wrong; I am just trying to see things the way Ballard does.
    • Broncos are open to trade pick No. 40.  I won't be awake come draft time, so if anybody is interested, we have to get the deal done till 6 pm eastern time. 
    • The Colts giving up a first for Craig Erickson was pretty disastrous with the benefit of hindsight. He lost the job to Jim Harbaugh and fell as low as 3rd string.   At least with the Jeff George trade we got a return getting a couple of first and a third, That future first we got from Atlanta netted us Marvin Harrison.  With Erickson, we got a starter for a game and a half and the pick we gave up still had Ray Lewis on the draft board.     Trent Richardson was a bad trade, but it doesn't come close in my estimation.  There just weren't a ton of prospects around the 26th pick in the 2014 draft that, even looking back on their careers, would have been better off.  Maybe Davante Adams or Demarcus Lawrence?  But we'd have probably been up in arms about it if we drafted either of at 26 instead of trading down.  That class was pretty top heavy looking back.   Again, hindsight is 20/20 and all that and we obviously wouldn't have made those trades if we had a crystal ball, but to think that in 96 we could've had Marvin Harrison AND Ray Lewis?  
    • I would hope not. Especially, if your drafting folks in the 1st and 2nd Rd. I expect most 1st Rd players to contribute as rookies. 2nd Rd picks, should be starting or heavily contributing by year two IMO. You don’t draft guys in the 1st or 2nd rounds, that take 3-4 years to develop. If, they take that long, call it what it is, a bad pick.     
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...