Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kyle Van Noy ??

He has the versatility that Ballard likes, but I'm just not sure he'd be a fit for our defense.  He's mostly an edge guy, who added some off the ball LB skills to his skillset while in NE and MIA used him very similarly so that he wasn't just a sub-package player.  My question is, does he add that much value over what we already have?  Especially if we take a DE high in the draft?  I think you gotta pass.  He'll cost more than he's worth or just go somewhere that will pay him more because of his fit.

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

He has the versatility that Ballard likes, but I'm just not sure he'd be a fit for our defense.  He's mostly an edge guy, who added some off the ball LB skills to his skillset while in NE and MIA used him very similarly so that he wasn't just a sub-package player.  My question is, does he add that much value over what we already have?  Especially if we take a DE high in the draft?  I think you gotta pass.  He'll cost more than he's worth or just go somewhere that will pay him more because of his fit.

Looks like his deal was in the 12-13 million range.   He's still young.  20 lbs lighter than Houston.  Who we paid 10 million ish a yr IIRC   Maybe could bulk up, But I think Mathis played at about that weight (250) correct?

He had a pretty good 2020 season.      And like you said versatile.   

I don't know.   Just seems like a Ballard move.  I'm not endorsing yet.  Just throwing it out there for opinions. SO thanks for the comment 

18 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

Is set to be released.    Could he be a good option for Rush end?     I assume he can go from OLB to Rush end?  Thoughts, comments concerns?  :)

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-inform-lb-kyle-van-noy-he-will-be-released

I think KVN is strictly a 3-4 OLB.   I don’t see him as a 4-3 DE.    He’s more of an “effort” guy and not a freaky athletic guy that Ballard is looking for. 

Archived