Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gil Brandt pegs Colts as landing spot for Alejandro Villanueva

On 3/1/2021 at 7:57 PM, JoeThornburg said:

"Facing a salary-cap mess in 2021, the Steelers probably can't afford to keep Villanueva; among their pending free agents, Zach Banner looks like a potentially less costly replacement at left tackle. The Colts, meanwhile, are in need of a left tackle, with Anthony Castonzo retiring and former No. 2 overall pick Carson Wentz set to take over at quarterback. (Cam Robinson would also be appealing, but I expect Jacksonville to either re-sign him or retain him via the franchise tag.) Villanueva has started every game in the past six years and is solid in both the run game and pass protection. Indianapolis will no doubt be driven to protect its investment under center, and adding Villanueva would make a lot of sense."

Source: https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-free-agency-seven-intriguing-player-team-fits

I also personally had both Villanueva and Robinson on my radar as possible FA targets for Indianapolis this offseason. However, most of the comments I see from fans and Colts pundits alike seem to favor addressing EDGE/DE in FA and drafting a young LT. What are your thoughts?

I sure hope not......spelling & pronouncing his name will give lots of people fits........especially me!:funny:

• Haha 1

Wentz will need protection if he is going to deliver. Yesterday it was said of him he was thought to be the second coming of Andrew Luck. Lets hope that is not the case when he goes under center and gets racked all season long like Luck.