Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ballard is a lot better  Nice attempt though 

Grigson had Luck. Ballard has built you an all around better team. 

ballard 4 years won 32 lost 32 grigson 5 years won 49 lost 31 ballard 4 years playoff wins 1 grigson 5 years playoff wins 3 and i didnt like grigson

Posted Images

Just now, DEFENSE said:

i hope he is but he needs better results

He's a much better talent evaluator. Like it was said before a generational talent like Luck fell into Grigsons lap which altered his record. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
24 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

ballard 4 years won 32 lost 32

grigson 5 years won 49 lost 31

ballard 4 years playoff wins 1

grigson 5 years playoff wins 3

and i didnt like grigson

Grigson had 5 years with a supposed once in a generation QB, Ballard has had 1...

13 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Grigson had Luck. Ballard has built you an all around better team. 

Yep if we’d had Ballard from the start, 3 Super Bowls with Luck

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Pretty much you're letting us know how Grigs rode the back of Luck to his payday.  Ballard has built an all-rounder and won less games while Grigs had Luck playing with lacerated kidneys and winning games.  Grigs should be charged with attempted murder how he did Luck.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Grigson

Total Draft choices - 38

Top 50 made pro bowl - 2

Top 50 bust - 3

Bottom 50+ pro bowl - 0

Bottom 50+ starters - 5

Best Moves:  Andrew Luck, TY Hilton, Vontae Davis, Corey Redding, D'Qwell Jackson, Adam Vinatieri, Ryan Kelly, Pierre Desir

Worst Moves: Trent Richardson, Bjorn Werner, Phillip Dorsett, TJ Green, D'Joun Smith

2012 Executive of the Year

Ballard

Total Draft choices - 38

Top 50 made pro bowl - 2

Top 50 bust - 2

Bottom 50+ pro bowl - 0

Bottom 50+ starters - 6

Best Moves: Quenton Nelson, Darius Leonard, Brandon Smith, Marlon Mack, Nyhiem Hines, Jonathan Tylor, Michael Pittman, Khari Willis, Julian Blackmon, Mark Glowinski, Jabaal Sheard, Justin Houston, DeForest Buckner

Worst Moves:  Malik Hooker, Quincey Wilson, Kemoko Turay, Rock Ya-Sin, Ben Banogu, Parris Campbell

Amazing how close success and failure are in the NFL.  It's a hair's breadth between a 6-10 season and a 10-6 season.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
25 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

and i didnt like grigson

As someone else mentioned, Grigson had Luck.  In addition, he had a solid group handed off to him from the Polian area and had an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls because of an outstanding QB.  What did he do with it?  He destroyed Luck's body by not supporting him with a line that could protect him.  What's Ballard done?  Built a strong, full roster that is now in position to win without a one man show like Luck was asked to be.  Ballard is 1000% better...just one man's opinion.

• Thanks 4
1 minute ago, smittywerb said:

Pretty much you're letting us know how Grigs rode the back of Luck to his payday.  Ballard has built an all-rounder and won less games while Grigs had Luck playing with lacerated kidneys and winning games.  Grigs should be charged with attempted murder how he did Luck.

just showing their records, not saying anything else

1 minute ago, smittywerb said:

arrested stone cold GIF by WWE

• Haha 4
32 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Grigson's single good move that I can think of that panned out is not only drafting TY Hilton, but trading up to get him. That was a brilliant move! 

We can thank Bruce Arians for that move

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DEFENSE said:

and i didnt like grigson

One of these seems to surface about every 6-12 months.    The poster always seems to think they're revealing new information that has never been discussed.   These never go well.    Oh well...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

and i didnt like grigson

Yeah numbers are misleading when you present zero context for them.

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

arrested stone cold GIF by WWE

Come on now...   let's be fair here...

Grigson didn't have Luck played with a lacerated kidney.   Luck did.

In fact, I'm not sure Luck played much more after that game where his kidney was damaged.   I think Hasselback took over for a long stretch.     I'm just saying there's plenty to blame Grigson over,  but we don't have to pile on here...

40 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Grigson

Total Draft choices - 38

Top 50 made pro bowl - 2

Top 50 bust - 3

Bottom 50+ pro bowl - 0

Bottom 50+ starters - 5

Best Moves:  Andrew Luck, TY Hilton, Vontae Davis, Corey Redding, D'Qwell Jackson, Adam Vinatieri, Ryan Kelly, Pierre Desir

Worst Moves: Trent Richardson, Bjorn Werner, Phillip Dorsett, TJ Green, D'Joun Smith

2012 Executive of the Year

Ballard

Total Draft choices - 38

Top 50 made pro bowl - 2

Top 50 bust - 2

Bottom 50+ pro bowl - 0

Bottom 50+ starters - 6

Best Moves: Quenton Nelson, Darius Leonard, Brandon Smith, Marlon Mack, Nyhiem Hines, Jonathan Tylor, Michael Pittman, Khari Willis, Julian Blackmon, Mark Glowinski, Jabaal Sheard, Justin Houston, DeForest Buckner

Worst Moves:  Malik Hooker, Quincey Wilson, Kemoko Turay, Rock Ya-Sin, Ben Banogu, Parris Campbell

Amazing how close success and failure are in the NFL.  It's a hair's breadth between a 6-10 season and a 10-6 season.

Grigson gets no credit for Adam V. Dude. Polian signed him in 2006. And Desir wasn’t signed by Grigson. Ballard signed Desir in 2017, 2 months after Grigson was fired

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
46 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

just showing their records, not saying anything else

You may not be LITERALLY saying anything else...    but you're trying to say.....   something...

Otherwise,  why would you make the post as you did?     Because you're trying to say something.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
21 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Grigson gets no credit for Adam V. Dude. Polian signed him in 2006. And Desir wasn’t signed by Grigson. Ballard signed Desir in 2017, 2 months after Grigson was fired

Doh!  That's a Fail for me.  Poo.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Wrong. That was on the coaches

No it absolutely was not...

Grigson had 5 draft classes to build a line for Luck and instead he spent those picks on project players and luxury positions...

Kelly is his lone exception

and i didnt like grigson

quite simple really. Andrew Luck vs No andrew Luck. Really nothing else to look at. If you wanna think Grigson is better than Ballard, you can keep fooling yourself and carry on.

If you want to knock Ballard, there's a few legit critiques, but understand he's about as good as anyone at a nearly impossible job. 

Grigson was about as bad at this as you could be while grifting on a generational talent. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

and i didnt like grigson

Andrew Luck 5 seasons 

Andrew Luck 1 season

2 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

and i didnt like grigson

The main difference i see:

After some initial early success and accolades, Grigson and Ballard approached each new season.....

(Grigson) In a $10,000 suit and new slicked back hair style.

(Ballard) That same old North Face puff jacket and sone facial scruff.

Grigs liked being “the guy.”

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

and i didnt like grigson

One also had a 100% healthy Andrew Luck for 3 years of his career in which the Colts were 33-15. The W/L records for both are deceiving.

3 hours ago, tvturner said:

No it absolutely was not...

Grigson had 5 draft classes to build a line for Luck and instead he spent those picks on project players and luxury positions...

Kelly is his lone exception

I think Grigson was obsessed with finding "diamonds in the rough" that he could put his stamp on. "Griggy finds". He was more ego than analytical.

26 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Ballard >>> Grigson >>> Polian.

Just look at Polian's drafts from 2007-2011...full of horse apples.

Just look at Polian’s draft’s from 1998 to 2006.   Full of Hall of Famers!    

What?  Are?  You?  Talking?   ABOUT?!? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1