Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hey, $31M over two years with almost 75% of the contract guaranteed is hard to pass up.

And that team is on the up and up.

Could do a lot worse.

Has a better chance making a Superbowl out of the NFC than other rumored teams like Pitt, Buff, Cle, etc.

They will have a tough battle just to come out of that division though.

Playing across from Chandler Jones is almost as nice as a guy like Myles or his brother.

Good for him. Happy to see another good player leaving the AFC South.

Also, this would definitely have me kicking the tires on Haason Reddick if the Colts thought he could play an edge role on passing situations for us with him being a 26 year old ascending player coming off his best season at the right time.

Can't imagine the Cardinals are gonna throw big $ at him after this.

• Like 1
Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

I thought free agents couldn't confirm deals until free agency starts, so did him being cut bypass that?

That's correct. . . a person who's cut can sign any time.  

The people who ended last season on contract and who's contracts are running out have to wait until free agency starts.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

The people who ended last season on contract and who's contracts are running out have to wait until free agency starts.  

dittoicon GIF by ditto ditto

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I thought free agents couldn't confirm deals until free agency starts, so did him being cut bypass that?

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Yep, the Texans were doing him a solid and essentially saying, "go and pick your team". 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I can just hear Mrs. Watt.

Green Bay? Hell no, I want some sun. 

to bad she plays for the chicago red stars haha

• Like 1
13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Some players love money more than winning, I love money too but I also love winning. He could've still made a lot of money elsewhere and win. Watt will retire ringless now.

That isn't clear. The Cardinals are a team on the rise. I like his pairing with Chandress. They have a good QB and perhaps the best receiver in the NFL. If they keep building, a run is possible. Many teams in that division have problems and may be slipping a notch.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Didn't realize you already posted this, but here is my response to this mock draft by Mel...   This draft is more along the lines of where I have these players valued. The only thing that would make this mock better is if Indy were able to trade down to the end of the 1st and still get DE Jaelan Phillips while also adding draft capital. I would only be on board of course if he checks out medically and our front office believes he can have a long career.    Secondly, I have never fully bought that Samuel Cosmi is worth our 21st overall pick. I value him more as a 2nd round OT, so getting him with the 54th overall pick would be my ideal scenario. 
    • Why don't you love Phillips? I think he's great. I absolutely love his tape(and he tested and measured great too... he pretty much has it all... except clean medical record). IMO he's a top 10 player in the draft if you remove the worry about his concussions. 
    • Oh damn... sorry... I posted the same thing...    I absolutely love that mock for the Colts, if Ballard and his medical staff think Phillips will be OK. I don't think you can hope to get much better than this. 
    • This draft is more along the lines of where I have these players valued. The only thing that would make this mock better is if Indy were able to trade down to the end of the 1st and still get DE Jaelan Phillips while also adding draft capital. I would only be on board of course if he checks out medically and our front office believes he can have a long career.    Secondly, I have never fully bought that Samuel Cosmi is worth our 21st overall pick. I value him more as a 2nd round OT, so getting him with the 54th overall pick would be my ideal scenario.    https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/13/2021-nfl-draft-colts-mock-jaelan-phillips-samuel-cosmi-mel-kiper/      
    • Meh, I honestly can’t get excited a bout any DE/Edge prospects in RD #1.  I’d rather go with a CB, if someone like J. Horn falls to 21 and land a OT in RD #2.    I think the Colts would be wise, to go with the highest rated OT at 21, and CB at 54.    Ballard says he doesn’t force things, so don’t force a pick at 21 to try and fix the pass rush.     
  • Members

• Grewich

Grewich 3

Rookie
    • Mick12Maher

Mick12Maher 79

• Myles

Myles 4,173

• Hark

Hark 415

• richard pallo

richard pallo 2,781