Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hey, $31M over two years with almost 75% of the contract guaranteed is hard to pass up.

And that team is on the up and up.

Could do a lot worse.

Has a better chance making a Superbowl out of the NFC than other rumored teams like Pitt, Buff, Cle, etc.

They will have a tough battle just to come out of that division though.

Playing across from Chandler Jones is almost as nice as a guy like Myles or his brother.

Good for him. Happy to see another good player leaving the AFC South.

Also, this would definitely have me kicking the tires on Haason Reddick if the Colts thought he could play an edge role on passing situations for us with him being a 26 year old ascending player coming off his best season at the right time.

Can't imagine the Cardinals are gonna throw big $ at him after this.

• Like 1
Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

I thought free agents couldn't confirm deals until free agency starts, so did him being cut bypass that?

That's correct. . . a person who's cut can sign any time.  

The people who ended last season on contract and who's contracts are running out have to wait until free agency starts.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

The people who ended last season on contract and who's contracts are running out have to wait until free agency starts.  

dittoicon GIF by ditto ditto

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I thought free agents couldn't confirm deals until free agency starts, so did him being cut bypass that?

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Yep, the Texans were doing him a solid and essentially saying, "go and pick your team". 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I can just hear Mrs. Watt.

Green Bay? Hell no, I want some sun. 

to bad she plays for the chicago red stars haha

• Like 1
13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Some players love money more than winning, I love money too but I also love winning. He could've still made a lot of money elsewhere and win. Watt will retire ringless now.

That isn't clear. The Cardinals are a team on the rise. I like his pairing with Chandress. They have a good QB and perhaps the best receiver in the NFL. If they keep building, a run is possible. Many teams in that division have problems and may be slipping a notch.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I'm thinking the reason these Watson topics get locked is because the conversation starts veering into opinions about matters that are not relevant.  In this case, what Easterby is or isn't, and therefore by extension what HOU is or isn't by their employment of him.  Your opinion is determined by whatever lens you own, not proven facts.  Apparently, the locker room and NFL have a diverse set of lenses whereby some things are bigger deals to some players and not such a big deal to others.   It seems some support Watson holding out for a trade because their lens shows them that HOU is bad for the reasons of Easterby and McNair.    So they are supporting Watson holding out for a trade, but, its for different reason than Watson has expressed.   That's why I was wondering why irrelevant topics are being brought into a discussion about Watson and the reasons motivating a trade.  His reasons need to be understood because they would carry on to another owner.  Its not about the reasons we think he should want one, or the reasons why JJWatt thinks he should want one.    Watson's reasons are clearly about EB.  And if Watson is linking Bienemy to a violation of the Rooney Rule, the Rooney Rule has been around for about 15 years and the Texans have complied.  Its almost like he's taken a 3 minute look at the EB situation and expressed a public hot take conclusion without even knowing the Texans record of complying with the Rooney Rule.            
    • I agree what did most pundits say that we had the most complete roster in football last season.  Why, because Ballard built that through the draft for the most part and it hasn't put the team in salary cap hell like many other teams that don't even have the roster that we have so the credit goes to Ballard. 
    • I think the Browns were a lot better team after free agency. Are they championship level no but a lot better. I don't know why Dorsey got fired I thought he was doing a good job trying to make up for no talent.  My point is there are times that you need to dabble in free agency but it is better much better to go the draft rout.  
    • After the 49ers pulled off the exact trade up to the 3rd pick (that I suggested the Colts should do), I would fall over in laughter if they passed on Fields for Jones or Lance.  Fields is just as much the generational prospect as Lawrence.  When you look at the film and compare the numbers it really is a no brainer.  Here’s another Fields stat that puts him above the others.     The average rank of defenses that Fields has faced in his career is around low to mid twenties. Not too many cupcakes or soft touches.  Meanwhile Lawrence, Wilson, & Jones average defensive opponents is in the 40’s or much higher. So Fields put up better career numbers than all of the other QB’s while facing tougher competition week in and week out.     Better career accuracy. Better career rating past his first read (dispelled that lie about him).  Oh and he scored higher on an aptitude test than thousands of other professional athletes from multiple sports who have taken the same test.  Offered a scholarship to Harvard.  Kid is a smart pocket passer who is athletic and can run.  But he has no problem standing in the pocket and delivering accurate throws with conflict happening all around him.    I believe Kyle is just putting Fields to the ultimate test.  He remembers him from his high school QB camp where Fields took the things he learned there and improved his game to the point where he legitimately rivaled Lawrence as the best QB in the country.  Helped turn the best dual threat QB into the most accurate career passer in this draft.  And easily the most fundamentally sound.  That’s growth.    Also Kyle gets to see how Fields handles all of the chatter about Wilson & Jones & Lance being better.  How does he handle the 49ers not attending his first pro day?  How does he handle the leaks attacking his work ethic and commitment?  They could be looking for signs to how he will handle adversity on and off the field at the next level.  So far he’s been near perfect.  The fact he didn’t snap on Orlovsky shows great maturity.  Best QB in the draft. Just pray the Patriots don’t move up to 4th and get him if the 49ers are dumb enough to pass on him after moving up to the 3rd pick. 
    • Yes, I agree with you but I totally believe that Ballard has a plan and will do what's best for our team. I mean he knows better than any of us that he needs a left tackle and a pass rusher he's fully aware of it.  I have total and complete faith in Ballard that he'll put a championship level team on the field come week one. 
  • Members

• Solid84

Solid84 19

• Dcuse

Dcuse 0

Rookie
    • bWild

bWild 24

• hoosierhawk

hoosierhawk 818

• RDNScot

RDNScot 0