Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Watt to the Cardinals

RollerColt

Hey, $31M over two years with almost 75% of the contract guaranteed is hard to pass up.

And that team is on the up and up.

Could do a lot worse.

Has a better chance making a Superbowl out of the NFC than other rumored teams like Pitt, Buff, Cle, etc.

They will have a tough battle just to come out of that division though.

Playing across from Chandler Jones is almost as nice as a guy like Myles or his brother.

Good for him. Happy to see another good player leaving the AFC South.

Also, this would definitely have me kicking the tires on Haason Reddick if the Colts thought he could play an edge role on passing situations for us with him being a 26 year old ascending player coming off his best season at the right time.

Can't imagine the Cardinals are gonna throw big $ at him after this.

Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

I thought free agents couldn't confirm deals until free agency starts, so did him being cut bypass that?

That's correct. . . a person who's cut can sign any time.  

The people who ended last season on contract and who's contracts are running out have to wait until free agency starts.  

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I thought free agents couldn't confirm deals until free agency starts, so did him being cut bypass that?

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

That's correct. . . a person who's cut can sign any time.  

The people who ended last season on contract and who's contracts are running out have to wait until free agency starts.  

Yep, the Texans were doing him a solid and essentially saying, "go and pick your team". 

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Some players love money more than winning, I love money too but I also love winning. He could've still made a lot of money elsewhere and win. Watt will retire ringless now.

That isn't clear. The Cardinals are a team on the rise. I like his pairing with Chandress. They have a good QB and perhaps the best receiver in the NFL. If they keep building, a run is possible. Many teams in that division have problems and may be slipping a notch.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• There’s been a lot of comments made by Ballard lately that they are always planning a few years out, while the coach is pushing for players that can help now. So it’s a balance. He’s made comments that the goal is to protect and provide weapons for AR. The talent at the top of the draft seems like there could be a couple really good offensive lineman falling down to us, with a run on receivers and skill players. I don’t necessarily see that, I think there could be a run on qbs, tackles, and pass rushers with the obvious 3 receivers before we pick. That could potentially push all corners, as well as Bowers down to 15. But say, both corners and Bowers go top 15, who does that push out? Most likely a talented tackle. They can either trade back or take the highest rated player on the board, which would provide swing tackle depth, and a plan for if Smith is injured/isnt re-signed following 2025. Some are speculating it might be best to move Smith to guard in that scenario. 
    • I don't believe this would ever happen as the price would be much too steep. The only way this is even a remote possibility is if the Pats do not like Maye or McCarthy . Then this would also need the QB needy teams to feel the same as NE . The value of Maye , if he's a franchise QB is multiple firsts. IMO , you can't give up that for a WR
    • Happy Draft Day to the folks who are in Indiana! (And east coast) lol. If this actually happens today I don’t know what I would do. Pipe dream or not, I’m READY for this draft to start! 
    • Kirk did have the Vikings at the top of the division in the 2022 season at 13-4. He was injured last year. Oh well have fun with your new QB.    You act like I don't know Vikings football, comical because I like the team and follow them a lot. You and @NFLfansay Kirk doesn't know situational football. In 2022 he was the best situational QB in the league. Vikings were 11-0 in games decided by 3 points or less. It is because Kirk handled most situations right. You don't go 11-0 in games 3 points or less and not be a smart QB. 
    • Maybe I am the one who will end up with egg on his face but I just don’t get why people think the Colts are actually going to draft an olineman with their first pick.  Nelson and Kelly returned to their pro-bowl playing status.  Raimann looks to be a very good young left tackle and the Colts have made it pretty clear they see Smith as one of the most underrated tackles in football.  They aren’t drafting a right guard in the first round, Nelson was exception, and even then Fries held his own at right guard last year.  They aren’t going to draft a guy who isn’t going to start next year either in the first round.  The starting oline is probably the least of their worries going into this draft.  
  • Members