Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Baldinger] Carson Wentz and Frank Reich film breakdown

Brian B is a huge Colts fan.  I see he his happy and is predicting that we get MVP Wentz.  Hence why this tape only shows Wentz can do no wrong lol.  I’m praying we get this Wentz.  I’m praying that Philly Oline, Penderson play calling, and No reliable WR was the issue for Wentz.  Unfortunately Wentz isn’t a rookie we drafted he is a 5th year Veteran.  He was traded to us even though we didn’t use any significant draft capital for Wentz we did use a ton of salary cap for Wentz.  Wentz will be expected to come in and light up the field every single game.  Wentz has to be better then Rivers.  Why else would he come in at the price the colts are paying him.  Wentz has to be better then an 11-5 QB.  Wentz has to be better then a 1 and done in the playoffs. How he does it we won’t know just yet but here’s to hoping he comes in and proves it to the Colts Fan and the rest of the sports world that Mr Carson Wentz is back and is ready to take the reins and be the next franchise QB the Colts so desperately need.  Make me a believer Wentz.  I’ll wait till game 3 and I’ll decide Then if I will spend the big bucks and get a Wentz Jersey and if you really do good I’ll even make time to find a very nice shiny Colts Wentz football card and somehow someway get you to sign the card and jersey and I’ll even take it one last step I’ll pay to get it framed.  It’ll then be hung up in my house where I like to sit and think and when I look up there you’ll be with me in my restroom while I’m taking my lovely number 2.  

1 hour ago, IanColts22 said:

Brian B is a huge Colts fan.  I see he his happy and is predicting that we get MVP Wentz.  Hence why this tape only shows Wentz can do no wrong lol.  I’m praying we get this Wentz.  I’m praying that Philly Oline, Penderson play calling, and No reliable WR was the issue for Wentz.  Unfortunately Wentz isn’t a rookie we drafted he is a 5th year Veteran.  He was traded to us even though we didn’t use any significant draft capital for Wentz we did use a ton of salary cap for Wentz.  Wentz will be expected to come in and light up the field every single game.  Wentz has to be better then Rivers.  Why else would he come in at the price the colts are paying him.  Wentz has to be better then an 11-5 QB.  Wentz has to be better then a 1 and done in the playoffs. How he does it we won’t know just yet but here’s to hoping he comes in and proves it to the Colts Fan and the rest of the sports world that Mr Carson Wentz is back and is ready to take the reins and be the next franchise QB the Colts so desperately need.  Make me a believer Wentz.  I’ll wait till game 3 and I’ll decide Then if I will spend the big bucks and get a Wentz Jersey and if you really do good I’ll even make time to find a very nice shiny Colts Wentz football card and somehow someway get you to sign the card and jersey and I’ll even take it one last step I’ll pay to get it framed.  It’ll then be hung up in my house where I like to sit and think and when I look up there you’ll be with me in my restroom while I’m taking my lovely number 2.  

I think his idea was to show what him and Frank together have been... this includes his rookie season, where he wasn't MVP level but was showing promising play. 

• Like 1

Was wondering if sending Carson to that Quarterback guru Peyton and Luck among others I think went to would be beneficial. Think Eason is working with him now. Any thoughts? Also newb here and was wondering if you had to wait or how do you post an original thread? Thanks in advance, much appreciated!

3 hours ago, Mjr said:

Was wondering if sending Carson to that Quarterback guru Peyton and Luck among others I think went to would be beneficial. Think Eason is working with him now. Any thoughts? Also newb here and was wondering if you had to wait or how do you post an original thread? Thanks in advance, much appreciated!

Details for new members are posted in our rules: https://forums.colts.com/guidelines/

15 hours ago, IanColts22 said:

He was traded to us even though we didn’t use any significant draft capital for Wentz we did use a ton of salary cap for Wentz.  Wentz will be expected to come in and light up the field every single game.  Wentz has to be better then Rivers.  Why else would he come in at the price the colts are paying him.  Wentz has to be better then an 11-5 QB.  Wentz has to be better then a 1 and done in the playoffs. 

I think you're getting carried away. Wentz has about the same salary cap hit as Rivers did, $25 million, doesn't he? Why does he have to be better and light up the field every game? I hope he is better, but I'm not looking at it like he has to singlehandedly elevate the Colts to a better record. I'm expecting him to fit into to a team that already has lots of great pieces around him. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

I think you're getting carried away. Wentz has about the same salary cap hit as Rivers did, $25 million, doesn't he? Why does he have to be better and light up the field every game? I hope he is better, but I'm not looking at it like he has to singlehandedly elevate the Colts to a better record. I'm expecting him to fit into to a team that already has lots of great pieces around him. 

According to Over The Cap the Colts will be paying Wentz 25.4 million in 2021, 22 million in 2022, 25 million in 2023 and 26 million in 2024. 

The Eagles will be eating the pro rated bonus part of the contract. 

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

According to Over The Cap the Colts will be paying Wentz 25.4 million in 2021, 22 million in 2022, 25 million in 2023 and 26 million in 2024. 

Yep.  People who are over reacting to Wentz salary need to actually go look at the numbers.   Its a good  contract if he plays a little above average  And a GREAT contract if he plays to the level that I believe Ballard and Reich think he can.   It will be a steal if he does

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Mjr said:

Yea I think that qb guru could help tighten up  his mechanics. Was really looking  forward to  seeing  what Eason can do, but if wentz is playing  well we will never know.

On 3/2/2021 at 12:57 AM, IanColts22 said:

Except Wentz is not, you know.....really "coming in costing more than Rivers" there was a bit of draft capital, sure, but you're almost positively referencing pay, or cost vs. the cap, in which case.... Wentz and Eaason at 25ish is a much better gamble than Rivers and Jacoby for 53ish.  Also, no one cares what you are going to hang on the wall in your crapper....lol j/k

14 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That's honestly not too bad if he ends up being a franchise QB. And of course if he flames out, we can escape those final two years. 

• Like 1