Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4 hours ago, Hark said:

Strangely enough, I ran into Marlon Mack at the Indy airport Saturday morning. He said his rehab is going well, and when I asked him about returning to Indy he said, "I don't want to play anywhere else." Probably meaningless in the big picture, but I thought it was a promising response. I also thanked him for sticking around this season to help coach the other backs.

That is great. This is why if he doesn’t get any big offers I think he will be back. Ballard would be on board bringing him back for a year at a couple million. That isn’t going to hurt us at all.

• Like 2

There are a lot of FA RBs this year ... and Mack is coming off a major injury.  Thus, I am pretty sure he will be very affordable. I think the question may be, though, will Mack be happy signing back on with the Colts where he’ll have to play 3rd, maybe 2nd fiddle at best?  I think that wherever he signs, it will be on the cheap.  Would love it to be with the Colts, though.  

I wouldn't mind it at all. I mean at worst, we still have Hines and Wilkins as our top backups. At best, Mack is the 1-1 punch with Taylor we wanted, and Hines plays a similar role with less running carriers. 

However, I think Frank and Ballard wants Hines even more involved as the 2nd back. Plus, I think he ends up in NE or MIA.

12 hours ago, Nate! said:

I wouldn’t invest any money towards Mack.  Just not a need for the team.

Getting him back on an affordable deal would be great.   It would keep Taylors legs fresh and leave the Colts with a solid RB if Taylor misses some time.  

• Like 2

There are some RB needy teams out there, but Mack's injury is a major question mark.

It is hard to say what the market for him will be like without having all the information about his injury and recovery.  

• Like 1

I feel like a team is going to outbid the colts or have a more appealing "prove it" opportunity for MM. Would love to have him at the right price. I have serious doubts that he can stay healthy over a full season. Love the guy as a player when healthy.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

There are some RB needy teams out there, but Mack's injury is a major question mark.

It is hard to say what the market for him will be like without having all the information about his injury and recovery.  

Yeah, I don't think he'll end up with the Colts.   This injury cost Mack millions of $$.   So unfortunate.  Probably a conservative estimate would be $15-$20 million.  His contract would have set his family up for life.  He'll still be fine, but won't be at the level he could have been at.

• Like 2
On 3/1/2021 at 7:24 AM, Archer said:

I know that everyone assumes he’s gone, but I’m starting to wonder if he might be re-signed to a one-year contract.  After all, I’m not sure anyone’s going to give him a big multi year contract coming off this kind of injury.  And if he’s gonna have to settle for a one -year prove-it deal...well , Ballard’s not necessarily opposed to giving someone like that $10 million for a year, if it doesn’t extend out past that.  Mack probably won’t be ready to start the year, but that could give us the best one-two punch in football as we approach the playoffs.  And we know that CB thinks Mack is one of the best teammates ever...

10 million is out of the question imo. I thought that’s what he would get if he tested the market. I’m sure some team would be willing to pay a back of his caliber that type of money. That’s being said, if mack wants to stay on the colts he’d have to take a pay cut. It’d be 1 year 4-5 million. Sadly, for mack, this isn’t 2018. He doesn’t have leverage since the colts now have confidence they have the next big thing in Taylor. I think even offering mack 1 year 5 million would be out of courtesy for what he’s done for the team. He’s a fan favorite but I’m sure Ballard would prefer to spend that money somewhere else. I’m a colts fan and I’m really hoping mack makes him money with some team outside the division. He deserves a contract, he’s a very good back, I just say let him test the market and go from there. That being said, if mack comes back, that will be easily the best backfield in the league with Taylor, mack, and Hines. I only fear that Taylor won’t get his 20-25 touches a game that he needs to get. Nothing against mack or Hines but Taylor is a different breed. It takes 2 people to tackle him and now that he’s figured it out, I’m sure he’ll be a 2k rusher at some point in his career. He was third in rushing in the whole nfl last year and he didn’t even start to figure things out until week 10-11. Taylor is going to be a top back in the league. As long as he gets his 25 touches a game I’m all for mack coming back on a cheaper contract. 

1 hour ago, Kdeming1230 said:

10 million is out of the question imo. I thought that’s what he would get if he tested the market. I’m sure some team would be willing to pay a back of his caliber that type of money. That’s being said, if mack wants to stay on the colts he’d have to take a pay cut. It’d be 1 year 4-5 million. Sadly, for mack, this isn’t 2018. He doesn’t have leverage since the colts now have confidence they have the next big thing in Taylor. I think even offering mack 1 year 5 million would be out of courtesy for what he’s done for the team. He’s a fan favorite but I’m sure Ballard would prefer to spend that money somewhere else. I’m a colts fan and I’m really hoping mack makes him money with some team outside the division. He deserves a contract, he’s a very good back, I just say let him test the market and go from there. That being said, if mack comes back, that will be easily the best backfield in the league with Taylor, mack, and Hines. I only fear that Taylor won’t get his 20-25 touches a game that he needs to get. Nothing against mack or Hines but Taylor is a different breed. It takes 2 people to tackle him and now that he’s figured it out, I’m sure he’ll be a 2k rusher at some point in his career. He was third in rushing in the whole nfl last year and he didn’t even start to figure things out until week 10-11. Taylor is going to be a top back in the league. As long as he gets his 25 touches a game I’m all for mack coming back on a cheaper contract. 

I'm not sure I want the wear that 25 carries a game would put on Taylor.  

Last season was an odd one I think.   Only 8 RB's broke 1000 yards where in 2019 16 RB's broke 1000 yards.