Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trey Hendrickson   4yr $48m $30m guaranteed

Antonio Villanueva.  OT   2/25m.   Maybe 3/40m.  

Quinton Dunbar. Similar to Rhodes last year with Gannon, he played for our new DB's coach in Washington. He also fits the length and physicality requirements for our scheme.    Breeland fits

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Allen Robinson. By the way ESPN is reporting we have a good chance of signing him. It's on Google. 

Unless he takes discount i don't see him coming here 

You never know though 

• Like 1
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

ESPN is predicting TY Hilton will sign with the 49ers and Robinson will sign here. ESPN is pretty good source, it isn't the Foshinator reporting this stuff :banana:

Fosh gonna report it tomorrow lol

Us

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

ESPN is predicting TY Hilton will sign with the 49ers and Robinson will sign here. ESPN is a pretty good source, it isn't the Foshinator reporting this stuff :banana:

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Unless he takes discount i don't see him coming here 

You never know though 

Nah, we have the money to sign him if that is the only FA we sign. Of course re-sign Houston as well and just get better through the draft.

By the way, it would be better if a poster — any poster — would simply say that (name a person) of ESPN says....   etc. etc. etc. 

Because ESPN literally has dozens of people who comment on the NFL.   The Network as a whole does not make any such predictions.   People who work for the network make these predictions.   Big difference. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Antonio Villanueva.  OT

2/25m.   Maybe 3/40m.

If the OT class sucked i would be ok with this but it doesn't 

Hope we get LT in draft

I would just go with some under the radar guy on a bargain contract... those seem to be the types Ballard goes for. Or someone who was released before FA starts(so it wouldn't count towards compensatory picks formula).

So... I will wait for the cuts to start and pick one of those then... 

3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

If the OT class sucked i would be ok with this but it doesn't 

Hope we get LT in draft

I want a LT too.    But I'm not sure we will get one tht is ready to go on Day 1.    Do you want Carson Wentz to have to perform with a below average rookie LT?      I don't think so.     I still expect to draft one.    But that guy may need some time, like a year or so.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

ESPN is predicting TY Hilton will sign with the 49ers and Robinson will sign here. ESPN is a pretty good source, it isn't the Foshinator reporting this stuff :banana:

I'm not seeing any reporting on that though, just predictions, which is different haha

• Like 1

I'm thinking OT or WR feels most likely. I think Villanueve feels most likely but someone else said that so I'll go with:

Trent Williams OT 2/3 years.

We could definitely not get an OT in free agency, but I'm starting to feel there is a good chance. Just from where we are at as a team and the lack of sure-thing day 1 starters at 21 or later, I could see us prioritizing getting on in FA and taking one at 1 or 2 to develop.

5 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

I'm thinking OT or WR feels most likely. I think Villanueve feels most likely but someone else said that so I'll go with:

Trent Williams OT 2/3 years.

We could definitely not get an OT in free agency, but I'm starting to feel there is a good chance. Just from where we are at as a team and the lack of sure-thing day 1 starters at 21 or later, I could see us prioritizing getting on in FA and taking one at 1 or 2 to develop.

Trent will want top dollar

No way 4 guys on the command top dollar 

Its more like we do cheap vet or rookie 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Trent will want top dollar

No way 4 guys on the command top dollar 

Its more like we do cheap vet or rookie 

So? Haha. Let's pretend AC didn't retire and that instead he is entering FA this year. You'd rather let him walk just because 4 contracts on top shelf lineman seems like too much? 2-3 years isn't a long-term investment and I think we can afford it anyways.

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

So? Haha. Let's pretend AC didn't retire and that instead he is entering FA this year. You'd rather let him walk just because 4 contracts on top shelf lineman seems like too much? 2-3 years isn't a long-term investment and I think we can afford it anyways.

Are you comfortable with the majority of our cap going to one group cause I'm not

I think Kelly and Glow are replaceable down the road but Smith and Q deserve to come back. 

Sportrac projected a 4/72 TW to 49ers

Thats 18m plus similar to what Q will get and I'm guessing 14m or so Smith

Thats almost 60m for 3 guys

No thanks 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Are you comfortable with the majority of our cap going to one group cause I'm not

I think Kelly and Glow are replaceable down the road but Smith and Q deserve to come back. 

No thanks 

Glow is but RK no

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

No thanks 

Almost $60m for 3 guys?

Q might be $18m per.

Smith might be $14m per

TW might be $18m per (I’ll believe that when it happens.)

My math says $50m for 3 guys. 

If you add Kelly at $12.5 then you’re at 62.5 for 4 players.  

I think the odds of Ballard going after Williams at those kind of numbers are incredibly small.   That would not be a Ballard-like signing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Almost $60m for 3 guys?

Q might be $18m per.

Smuth might be $14m per

TW might be $18m per (I’ll believe that when it happens.)

My math says $50m for 3 guys. 

If you add Kelly at $12.5 then you’re at 62.5 for 4 players.  

I think the odds of Ballard going after Williams at those kind of numbers are incredibly small.   That would not be a Ballard-like signing. 

Ty for correcting typo yes 50m

Just now, BProland85 said:

I would guess Samuel - 3 years, 22 mil, and Lawson 4 years, 42 mil

Samuel is projected 11 per year