Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston releases Duke Johnson and Nick Martin

2 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Both have good value, Johnson would be a beast on the turf. Martin was a fantastic player, he's a center but could play guard. Have to think both will get offered more than what we'd pay.

Agreed and I think the bolded is absolutely correct. I don't see the value of these two considering the contracts they'll get and the composition of our roster. Hines occupies the same role that Johnson would play and Martin would be a great addition to the OL, but he'd most likely be a backup unless he could beat out Glow. That would still be way too much money at RG.

2 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Both have good value, Johnson would be a beast on the turf. Martin was a fantastic player, he's a center but could play guard. Have to think both will get offered more than what we'd pay.

Both are good players....   but...

One would have to think Martin will start for someone.   And if not start, then be the backup guard where we have Pinter.

And as others have noted about Johnson, who I’ve always liked, we have Hines who seems to get better every year.   They’re roughly the same guy.   10-16 touches a game as a situational player. 

I don't get why there are a lot of people on this forum that keep entertaining the idea of either signing another RB or drafting one. Okay maybe you draft one in the 6th for "depth or special teams" however the Colts DO NOT need a RB.

Taylor, Hines, and Wilkins is all that is needed.

58 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I don't get why there are a lot of people on this forum that keep entertaining the idea of either signing another RB or drafting one. Okay maybe you draft one in the 6th for "depth or special teams" however the Colts DO NOT need a RB.

Yeah and the door hasn’t closed on Mack either

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

Don't forget we did sign a true FB last year as a FA and he was cut at the end.  I wouldn't be surprised if we do it again if one gets released.  Reich still might prefer a true FB on the roster especially if his short yardage guy, Brissett, doesn't come back.  

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

actually i think we should move on from Wilkins and i know Ballard could fine a better upgrade for him:peek:

13 hours ago, Indeee said:

I'd  like a RB where the dropoff  isn't significant incase Taylor gets hurt.

Wilkins is not that guy and I don't think the colts would want Hines to be the bell cow. 

Mack would be my choice if he isn't slowed down much from his injury. I prefer carry 4 RB's not 3. 

Archived