Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Moore Says Take Luck And Never Look Back (Merge)

CS Colts Fan

It is refreshing to have a debate that is civil, insightful, on target, & not locked down by toxic talk & radioactive fallout.

The good news is Andrew Luck's future seems very promising & most Colts fans are realistic about our rebuilding transitional period of a complete organizational rebuild. I, too, will closely monitor #18's progress as well.

The Blue Horseshoe will rise from the ashes once again just like a Greek mythological phoenix...1998 & now 2012...Greatness once again awaits us all. Besides, a little bit of LUCK is always a good thing right?

Edited by Maureen
Personal Shot

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is..... I am one that thinks Peyton is :goat: , I've made no secret of my feelings, and I don't see that as a problem, per se'. My problem lies in the fact that when certain people use this forum to "bash" him or "taunt" those of us that still want to follow him, I take that personally, and take the bait off the hook.... I have no problem with Luck, have never said anything about him on here, let alone derogatory remarks. I hope he does a fantastic job, but that doesn't mean I can't also still be in Peyton's corner. :manning: :cheer:

Gramz!!! Thanks for the comment. Peyton Manning will be Revered (not Paul) forever. I love number 18 and will follow...I am so cheap and I will still get the NFL Package!!!

I love the Indianapolis Colts! I love the fans. I want all fans to say.....roll up the sleeves....and go to work. Grigson is....the draft is here....very soon! CALM.....I tell my mom every day!!!!

I think they'll be lucky if they take either Luck OR Griffin. And if they take Griffin, he should be supported every bit as much as those who love Luck would have supported Luck.

I think more with Luck, the standards and expectations are being too far built up for him that anything less then even a play off run is going to be disappointing. And I'm not considering either one of them nor am I calling either one...especially Luck...the Colts QB until after one of them is actually drafted to the team.

My problem is..... I am one that thinks Peyton is :goat: , I've made no secret of my feelings, and I don't see that as a problem, per se'. My problem lies in the fact that when certain people use this forum to "bash" him or "taunt" those of us that still want to follow him, I take that personally, and take the bait off the hook.... I have no problem with Luck, have never said anything about him on here, let alone derogatory remarks. I hope he does a fantastic job, but that doesn't mean I can't also still be in Peyton's corner. :manning: :cheer:

I'd like to find a way to end these circular arguments as well. Nobody is going to change their minds so they seem to have devolved into person barbs

Please report when you feel you are being followed and bashed

thanks

I guess different doubters have different criteria with which to stop doubting.

Wise man once said, when people feel doubt, they will doubt their feelings. When you can balance a tact hammer on your head, you will fend off your doubt with a balanced attack.

MT: What do you make of the reports that the Colts are considering taking RG3 with the top pick?

MOORE: This kid [Luck] is the first pick in the first round and there’s no question about it.

You got that right!

And IMO this is huge - Ive always said the reason the Colts were awesome for so long was because of the 3Ms ... Manning, Moore, and Mudd.

I'd like to find a way to end these circular arguments as well. Nobody is going to change their minds so they seem to have devolved into person barbs

Please report when you feel you are being followed and bashed

thanks

I personally think part of the problem with these arguments are that people state their opinions and then someone comes along and says that their opinion is wrong and that the person is stupid (not in those exact words) for thinking that way. Then the original poster gets upset b/c someone says their opinion is wrong and/or stupid and so they post something back to that person...thus an argument begins. In my opinion, the person who says the original poster is stupid or wrong is the person mostly in the wrong. Again, just my opinion. These arguments would stop if people would respect others opinions, and respectfully disagree. Just my two cents! I know I try to be respectful of everyone, but I do not take it kindly when someone comes at me name calling. I love the Forums and want nothinig other than to discuss topics about the Colts, the NFL, and other things as well. I'm doing my best to be nice :D

I personally think part of the problem with these arguments are that people state their opinions and then someone comes along and says that their opinion is wrong and that the person is stupid (not in those exact words) for thinking that way. Then the original poster gets upset b/c someone says their opinion is wrong and/or stupid and so they post something back to that person...thus an argument begins. In my opinion, the person who says the original poster is stupid or wrong is the person mostly in the wrong. Again, just my opinion. These arguments would stop if people would respect others opinions, and respectfully disagree. Just my two cents! I know I try to be respectful of everyone, but I do not take it kindly when someone comes at me name calling. I love the Forums and want nothinig other than to discuss topics about the Colts, the NFL, and other things as well. I'm doing my best to be nice :D

It's easy when it's name calling. We issue warnings for that. But people have gotten very good at sniping at each other in other ways.

It needs to stop

I'm wondering if I should break in this new warning points system with something that automotically suspends someone for a period of time for this

I'm looking for a name for it

People have genuine differences of opinions on this whole manning/luck thing and they just need to leave it at that

But posting respectfully means more than not calling names. It also means not beating the same person over the head with your already clearly stated opinion on this

Maybe when he hoists the Lombardi trophy for the 2nd time, they will stop doubting.

Hey you never know.

For many years and still to this day, many Colts fans argue that lucky #12 from our past biggest rival was the benefit of good teams to win titles.

Maybe it's our turn to be led to more then one title by our own #12 who is called Luck if this thing is built right around him.

What goes around comes around?

I can only hope.

Luck is definitely behind RGIII in a lot of areas, and is one step ahead in Wonderlic scores only. I guarantee you RGIII will have a better rookie season than Luck. For the long-term, Luck may pan out ahead, but he has only a perception not grounded in reality right now.

In "a lot" of areas? Such as what?

Hey you never know.

For many years and still to this day, many Colts fans argue that lucky #12 from our past biggest rival was the benefit of good teams to win titles.

Maybe it's our turn to be led to more then one title by our own #12 who is called Luck if this thing is built right around him.

What goes around comes around?

I can only hope.

Yes, I can also join you in that hope. I think Luck will be a very good franchise QB for the Colts if the team is rebuilt in the right way. And when he hoists several Lombardi trophy in different seasons, maybe, just maybe some of the doubters will change their mind about him.

Tom Moore, in the cited article in the OP, certainly has no doubts about Luck as the best choice to be drafted for the Colts.

Yes, I can also join you in that hope. I think Luck will be a very good franchise QB for the Colts if the team is rebuilt in the right way. And when he hoists several Lombardi trophy in different seasons, maybe, just maybe some of the doubters will change their mind about him.

Tom Moore, in the cited article in the OP, certainly has no doubts about Luck as the best choice to be drafted for the Colts.

Well I cannot guarantee a title or two. You never know this in this league. Suprise teams and darkhorses often sneak in around playoff time and steal it.

I guess my point about the past and that old lucky #12 was that sometimes you "become what you hate". ;)

Nothing wrong with us hoping though and dreaming big for the future.

Big Ben was furious Arians was let go, and was rumored to go straight to the Rooney's for a reason. That was when Arians 'retired' and we signed him close to a week later. He also does not want the 'sharp dressed man' Haley. His hats look like my 2004 AFC South division title hat! HA HA!

nfl_g_toddhaley_cmg_300.jpg

Looks like his hat got run over a few times by a pickup truck on a dirt road

OK.....why have a PEACE Movement..............It is not happening!

Irsay should listen to Tom Moore when it comes to QBs more than Tony Dungy. Just saying!!! :) :)

I can only hope that Irsay does listen to Tom Moore.

I am hopeful too that Irsay has learned that Tony Dungy's recommendations are not always best for the team (e.g. Jim Caldwell).

It's easy when it's name calling. We issue warnings for that. But people have gotten very good at sniping at each other in other ways.

It needs to stop

I'm wondering if I should break in this new warning points system with something that automotically suspends someone for a period of time for this

I'm looking for a name for it

People have genuine differences of opinions on this whole manning/luck thing and they just need to leave it at that

But posting respectfully means more than not calling names. It also means not beating the same person over the head with your already clearly stated opinion on this

Call it the Banhammer!