Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Moore Says Take Luck And Never Look Back (Merge)

CS Colts Fan

As I said in another post...Grigs has to evaluate this until they're on the clock!! I would like to see a little more intellectual mentality at the top. I think it's insulting to insinuate they can't make a decision for another 22 days. Of course, Jim loves the theater and if they committed, he wouldn't be in the headlines. I think Colt fans though would like some positive news for a change.

Last but not least, please don't say you can't commit to him in case there's a freak accident or something along those lines. I don't think any company that hires top talent for their business worries that the person may be maimed or killed before they're available to start work in a month. You can't worry about that kind of stuff. This could happen to anyone including us on this board. You don't live in a glass bubble worrying that something might happen to you.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. That's where it would have been sweet to have him sit a year behind Peyton and learn from the best. But I think Luck will be fine even without Peyton. Peyton didn't really have a QB to sit behind when he started in the league and he turned out great. I don't think Arians will run the offense the same way as in Pittsburgh. The two teams have very different personnel and QBs with very different skillsets.

I hope that he doesn't run the same steeler's offense. A good indicator of this may be if we hire Leftwhich to tutor Luck. This would indicate that we would be running something similar and would need someone with experience with that offense to teach Luck. I would rather have the Colt's high flying offense. It's so much more fun to watch.

He's probably just scared of being cussed out a thousand times a practice by Haley

Big Ben was furious Arians was let go, and was rumored to go straight to the Rooney's for a reason. That was when Arians 'retired' and we signed him close to a week later. He also does not want the 'sharp dressed man' Haley. His hats look like my 2004 AFC South division title hat! HA HA!

I hope that he doesn't run the same steeler's offense. A good indicator of this may be if we hire Leftwhich to tutor Luck. This would indicate that we would be running something similar and would need someone with experience with that offense to teach Luck. I would rather have the Colt's high flying offense. It's so much more fun to watch.

It won't be the Colts offense, that offense is over.

I don't think any company that hires top talent for their business worries that the person may be maimed or killed before they're available to start work in a month.

They actually do when it's a unique enough hire and there's a lack of replacements.

The Bruce Arians offense will be a 'preferred balance' offense that the Steelers had for most seasons. Big Ben was forced to throw more last year than Arians would have liked.

Arains said when hired there are going to be games when we throw 40 times and times where we throw 20-25 times with the desired balance.

I love Tom Moore's excitement for Andrew Luck. With 10 draft picks, 300+ FA's still out there and Grigson's knowledge of the talent along with Tom Telesco, I am optimistic we will win more this year than in 1998 when our friend number 18 went 3-13.

This new defense...these new special teams, and a full training camp have me ready to smash some mouths too. Andrew Luck is is and there is no looking back. I for one will follow Peyton and Eli in the NFL package. These should be exciting times for Colt fans.

They didnt ask tom moore if Manning should be cut and give andrew the reins did they. He was speaking about RG3 vrs Luck

No, Michele Tafoya did not ask Moore if Manning should be cut and give Luck the reins.

Michele Tafoya asked Moore for his overall impression of Luck:

MT: So what was your overall impression of Luck?

MOORE: He’s the real deal. If you draft him you never have to worry about anything. You know he’ll be prepared. You know he’ll be in shape. You know he’ll study. You know he’ll practice hard. You won’t have to worry about anything. And you’ll know he’s going to go home and spend two-to-three more hours working on what you talked about.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/03/tom-moore-says-colts-should-take-luck-and-never-look-back/

Exactly. The doubt most people have is that dropping manning in favor of luck was the right move.

Tom Moore has no doubt that Luck is the real deal, and should be the #1 overall draft pick for the Colts. He said: "This kid [Luck] is the first pick in the first round and there’s no question about it. I would draft him and I would never look back."

While there are some people who like to dwell in the past and attempt to re-live Mr. Irsay's decisions, I support people who look forward to drafting the best QB prospect available in the upcoming draft and preparing for the upcoming season.

Peace, Love and Football.

I agree with Tom 100%. He has been in this business long enough that he knows talent. I am not saying RGIII is not talented, he is. But I agree what Tom is saying that Luck has one step ahead of RGIII. I think Both Luck and RGIII will have great pro careers though. Now after saying that can't the draft hurry up. I am excited about the draft this year. I can't wait to see what the new blood will do with Pags, Grigs, drafting. Other then the number 1 pick. I am excited what they will do in the rest of the draft. :)

Luck is definitely behind RGIII in a lot of areas, and is one step ahead in Wonderlic scores only. I guarantee you RGIII will have a better rookie season than Luck. For the long-term, Luck may pan out ahead, but he has only a perception not grounded in reality right now.

I think all the posturing being done lately was for contract purposes. Just to get his agent to perhaps cave a bit on some negotiations. It was a weak stance to take but all we had. He is definately going to be our qb and hopefully a good one. Time will tell if he is a great one.

I am seeing this going sideways at an early stage like yesterday. I right this second want to say thank you to who shared this article with us. I appreciate it. I am not in the mood to see the same silly stuff that I saw in yesterday's thread that was locked.

I can get as irritated as anyone to the point of anger. Lets stop throwing backhanded slams.....I am getting pretty upset right now. I love good debates....do not be childish on here. There are 23 people reading this. Debate can and should be fun. Lets not get out of line and STAY ON TOPIC!

It is no secret that the #1 overall draft pick goes to the team that achieved the worst W-L record in the previous season, and that each successive draft pick goes to teams that are successively better as measured by their W-L record in the previous season.

Therefore it is not surprising that some may predict that a #2 draft pick may have a better upcoming season than a #1 draft pick, especially if the #2 draft pick is selected by a team that would otherwise have been the #6 team to pick, had it not been for the fact that the team traded into the #2 position.

I agree with Moore on this. Including the don't look back part. No point in playing coulda, woulda, shoulda with this move (rather it be with RG3 or Manning) once it's done because it's done and we can't go back and change it. Time to move forward and try to build the best team we can to make Luck has the best NFL career he can if he's the pick. I'd say the samething if it was RG3 that we took. Luck isn't going to be Peyton Manning day one and the Colts aren't going to ask him to be they understand they are at a rebuilding stage where Luck needs time to grow just like Peyton did at the start of his career. Had they wanted the finished product at QB they would have kept Manning, however they know this team realisticly isn't going to be competeing for Super Bowls in the next couple of years so they are fine with a younger QB who can grow into the job. Also Luck isn't going to be RG3 and RG3 isn't going to be Luck they are different players in different situations so to me you can't really compare what the three do this year even though I know many will.

I am seeing this going sideways at an early stage like yesterday. I right this second want to say thank you to who shared this article with us. I appreciate it. I am not in the mood to see the same silly stuff that I saw in yesterday's thread that was locked.

I can get as irritated as anyone to the point of anger. Lets stop throwing backhanded slams.....I am getting pretty upset right now. I love good debates....do not be childish on here. There are 23 people reading this. Debate can and should be fun. Lets not get out of line and STAY ON TOPIC!

Par for the course when you consider certain comparisons.

We have rookie posters on here trying to learn the system and enjoying Colts Football. I already know who the savy veterans are I have done this so long.

Just remember one thing. Colts Direct was shut down April 1. We need to give our Colts fans a chance to enjoy OUR team!

I have hammered some folks on here too....and I 'may' again. Let our new visitors have some fun. Like I said in an earlier post...it is not yet full moon. My profile pic is not howling....yet. Again to the post.....thank you for sharing!!

We have rookie posters on here trying to learn the system and enjoying Colts Football. I already know who the savy veterans are I have done this so long.

Just remember one thing. Colts Direct was shut down April 1. We need to give our Colts fans a chance to enjoy OUR team!

I have hammered some folks on here too....and I 'may' again. Let our new visitors have some fun. Like I said in an earlier post...it is not yet full moon. My profile pic is not howling....yet. Again to the post.....thank you for sharing!!

I'm trying to "join in" and for the most part enjoy the "bantering" the parts I don't care for is someone sayng the same thing over and over, in every single post, and "disguising it" by saying it twenty different ways..... Gets Old.

Par for the course when you consider certain comparisons.

I am there...been there...done that. I love good solid debates. I learned my lesson. I now know when a post is going awry. I want our new Colts forum 'families' to enjoy. Thanks FireJim.

I'm trying to "join in" and for the most part enjoy the "bantering" the parts I don't care for is someone sayng the same thing over and over, in every single post, and "disguising it" by saying it twenty different ways..... Gets Old.

George Carlin used to say there are 20 ways to say a word I cannot say. I feel the same thing applies here.

I have to share: I got in trouble for being upset about who I though was being very childish! I want everyone to have fun and have great debates and not get to name calling....I did that. I did not like my ban for calling someone a name! Mine said 'You are Juvenile'......there is a parameter for what you should not do.

I am there...been there...done that. I love good solid debates. I learned my lesson. I now know when a post is going awry. I want our new Colts forum 'families' to enjoy. Thanks FireJim.

My problem is..... I am one that thinks Peyton is :goat: , I've made no secret of my feelings, and I don't see that as a problem, per se'. My problem lies in the fact that when certain people use this forum to "bash" him or "taunt" those of us that still want to follow him, I take that personally, and take the bait off the hook.... I have no problem with Luck, have never said anything about him on here, let alone derogatory remarks. I hope he does a fantastic job, but that doesn't mean I can't also still be in Peyton's corner. :manning: :cheer: