Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Moore Says Take Luck And Never Look Back (Merge)

CS Colts Fan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good article....I will take Tom's word for it. Exciting things ahead in Colt land. Peyton was extremely exciting to watch his rookie season even when he struggled. I wish we had a Marvin Harrison type for him to throw to. I keep wondering about Kendall Wright if he is available in the 2nd round. I am not super familiar with him. However, Grigson has a history with Desean Jackson who may be a similar player (I could be wrong).

Listening to all the analysts and now what Moore says about him, if they don't pick Luck, they might as well say, "Peyton was ok, but not really what we were looking for in a QB". The guy sounds like a clone of Peyton.

Good article....I will take Tom's word for it. Exciting things ahead in Colt land. Peyton was extremely exciting to watch his rookie season even when he struggled. I wish we had a Marvin Harrison type for him to throw to. I keep wondering about Kendall Wright if he is available in the 2nd round. I am not super familiar with him. However, Grigson has a history with Desean Jackson who may be a similar player (I could be wrong).

I agree with you. I really wish we had a Marvin Harrison type receiver who could get that separation. The stretch play really opened that up because the corner had to respect the run. Maybe we will see some of that come back.

I agree with Tom 100%. He has been in this business long enough that he knows talent. I am not saying RGIII is not talented, he is. But I agree what Tom is saying that Luck has one step ahead of RGIII. I think Both Luck and RGIII will have great pro careers though. Now after saying that can't the draft hurry up. I am excited about the draft this year. I can't wait to see what the new blood will do with Pags, Grigs, drafting. Other then the number 1 pick. I am excited what they will do in the rest of the draft. :)

Okay..... so let's see....

None other than Peyton Manning's own living, breathing external hard drive.... and the man who had perhaps the best of front row seats to every level of Manning's NFL development and success.... heaps THAT kind of praise on Andrew Luck and tells us the Colts should draft him and never look back?

CASE CLOSED

Enjoy Washington DC, Mr. Griffin.

Great read. I wasn't too excited about the Arians hire, but if Tom Moore thinks he is a good coach, then I'm all for it.

Very good point. Any doubts I had about Arians are now out the window with the reaction Ben had when he left the Steelers + Moore's comments. Very great article that just reinforces that the Colts should draft this guy. The guy has a genius mentality, he's a hard worker, a great athlete and an unbelievable QB. However most of all I think he will be a great leader, he's young and has plenty of things to learn but if anyone spells leader coming out of the 2012 NFL draft, it's Andrew Luck. We should feel lucky to HOPEFULLY have this guy on our team.

Great read. Thanks for posting it.

Andrew Luck was ready for the NFL in last year's draft. He would have been the #1 overall pick last year to Carolina. The Panthers even announced it.

Fortunately, after he talked to Peyton Manning and others, he decided to return to school to finish the year with the players he entered with, and to hone his craft at QB, much to the dismay of the rest of the Pac-12.

Andrew Luck today, is more ready for the NFL than many prospects before him. He has benefited from his coaches piling up more and more responsibility on him to call the plays, to run the no-huddle, to recognize defenses and coverages. He is at a level rarely seen with college QBs. Passing on him in the draft would be foolish.

But then, that's just my opinion, which is shared by some/many.

Very good point. Any doubts I had about Arians are now out the window with the reaction Ben had when he left the Steelers + Moore's comments. Very great article that just reinforces that the Colts should draft this guy. The guy has a genius mentality, he's a hard worker, a great athlete and an unbelievable QB. However most of all I think he will be a great leader, he's young and has plenty of things to learn but if anyone spells leader coming out of the 2012 NFL draft, it's Andrew Luck. We should feel lucky to HOPEFULLY have this guy on our team.

What did Ben say after Arians left?

Great read. Thanks for posting it.

Andrew Luck was ready for the NFL in last year's draft. He would have been the #1 overall pick last year to Carolina. The Panthers even announced it.

Fortunately, after he talked to Peyton Manning and others, he decided to return to school to finish the year with the players he entered with, and to hone his craft at QB, much to the dismay of the rest of the Pac-12.

Andrew Luck today, is more ready for the NFL than many prospects before him. He has benefited from his coaches piling up more and more responsibility on him to call the plays, to run the no-huddle, to recognize defenses and coverages. He is at a level rarely seen with college QBs. Passing on him in the draft would be foolish.

But then, that's just my opinion, which is shared by some/many.

Agree 1st player i ever knew #1 draft pick 2 years in a row.And Tom Moore endorses him how can Grigs Pags and Jim mess this up.Tom Moore HOFer .OH and off topic Frog can u estimate next years salary cap space with new signees,Believe it was around 62 mill but with FAs signed and drafts about where we at.TY if u can answer TY if not,

Agree 1st player i ever knew #1 draft pick 2 years in a row.And Tom Moore endorses him how can Grigs Pags and Jim mess this up.Tom Moore HOFer .OH and off topic Frog can u estimate next years salary cap space with new signees,Believe it was around 62 mill but with FAs signed and drafts about where we at.TY if u can answer TY if not,

Can't estimate that until I get a hold of their contract details.

Peyton was also going to be taken #1 by the Jets, but he decided to return for his senior year. Jets had to settle for Keyshawn. Ouch!!

What did Ben say after Arians left?

Not quite sure exactly what was said, but if you just google Ben Roethlisberger and Bruce Arians all the articles on the first page will kind of explain it. Apparently he was just unhappy with Arians departure from Pitts. He was quoted as saying, "We feel like we are really close to being an elite offense," Roethlisberger said. "For your leader to be gone is kind of a shocker, but you've got to be ready for whatever the Rooneys and coach Tomlin decide is our next step."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger-unhappy-with-Bruce-Arians-firing-012712

That's just one of the many articles you can read up if your interested. Apparently he didn't take Arians departure well.

Not quite sure exactly what was said, but if you just google Ben Roethlisberger and Bruce Arians all the articles on the first page will kind of explain it. Apparently he was just unhappy with Arians departure from Pitts. He was quoted as saying, "We feel like we are really close to being an elite offense," Roethlisberger said. "For your leader to be gone is kind of a shocker, but you've got to be ready for whatever the Rooneys and coach Tomlin decide is our next step."

http://msn.foxsports...s-firing-012712

That's just one of the many articles you can read up if your interested. Apparently he didn't take Arians departure well.

I never felt as though the Steelers were an elite offense. They were a solid offense; Ben could usually get 4000 yards and they would rush for 1200+, but I never saw them as the offensive threat that us, the Pats, Saints, or Packers were

I never felt as though the Steelers were an elite offense. They were a solid offense; Ben could usually get 4000 yards and they would rush for 1200+, but I never saw them as the offensive threat that us, the Pats, Saints, or Packers were

Yeah, I agree with that. At the same time I think their offense was still very threatening. I hope Arians doesn't try to run the offense exactly like the Steelers and I don't think he will. Arians should realize he has Andrew Luck at his disposal and use him to his full advantage, perhaps even Luck could develop some plays. I would love to see Luck eventually get to the point where he basically is the offensive coordinator and hopefully Arians doesn't prevent him from controlling the offense. I think Luck has that potential though it will take time to develop.

Yeah, I agree with that. At the same time I think their offense was still very threatening. I hope Arians doesn't try to run the offense exactly like the Steelers and I don't think he will. Arians should realize he has Andrew Luck at his disposal and use him to his full advantage, perhaps even Luck could develop some plays. I would love to see Luck eventually get to the point where he basically is the offensive coordinator and hopefully Arians doesn't prevent him from controlling the offense. I think Luck has that potential though it will take time to develop.

Yep. That's where it would have been sweet to have him sit a year behind Peyton and learn from the best. But I think Luck will be fine even without Peyton. Peyton didn't really have a QB to sit behind when he started in the league and he turned out great. I don't think Arians will run the offense the same way as in Pittsburgh. The two teams have very different personnel and QBs with very different skillsets.

Yep. That's where it would have been sweet to have him sit a year behind Peyton and learn from the best. But I think Luck will be fine even without Peyton. Peyton didn't really have a QB to sit behind when he started in the league and he turned out great. I don't think Arians will run the offense the same way as in Pittsburgh. The two teams have very different personnel and QBs with very different skillsets.

That would've been nice indeed. :(