Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Happy 40th, Bob Sanders! (video clip)

Bob Sanders was a beast and key in that Tampa 2 style defense. For a guy his size he could lay the wood. Reminded me of a poor mans Brian Dawkins. He could hit, cover the field, get turnovers. Just not at the level Dawkins did it but was very impactful when he was on the field. But that was his issue, staying on the field. 

I once had a chance to talk with one of the colts physicians in 2006 about who was physically the most impressive player to see in person... He said without a doubt Bob sanders just stood out from the others. 

• Like 2

Sooooo.  we NEED a LT.  how many would be shocked if CB went Safety in the first if that was the  BPA.    

IMO.  DE 3 tech will LB and safety make this D ( in that order)   Middle LB would be next 

Know the scheme 

My Dad knows this D 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• LOL. Sound an awful lot like Patmon.
    • RBs are devalued these days. APBs if elite, can have better value than a RB2. Hines could be elite if use the right way IMO. If we're going to let a guy like Mack, who we drafted, walk and test things.... I think we'd let Hines do the same. And given that our new RB1 was very good at catching, the need for Hines isn't as big, so the leverage shifts a bit.   I love Hines, and hope we resign him. If Taylor stays healthy at RB1, and Campbell finally stays healthy at slot, I can see Ballard telling him to test the market. Hope he blows up, but that may mean he asks for too much lol.    And I don't care what Reich says. Our RBs are not interchangeable, and Hines isn't a RB1 type of guy. He's best used as an APB.
    • Yup. I would have loved to resign Houston, but reduced his snap counts. That's basically what they tried to do with Kerrigan last year, it just didn't help. I think it would absolutely help Houston.   I read this (below) article from Mock on Stampede Blue last night. It draws from Hicks and another guys. I thought it was pretty lazy lol. https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/5/5/22420698/claims-the-indianapolis-colts-are-worse-than-a-season-ago-premature-overstated   It left out intangibles. It brought up that sacks were higher vs poorer teams, but that's the case for every DE or 3T. It also said both Autry and Houston benefited from Buckner's presence. IMO, there's only so much to eat, and adding Buckner means there's less to eat. It also didn't address the fact that we are the 2nd least blitzing team in the league, which doesn't help in the pressure category. And didn't mention that Buckner had arguably his best year ever despite having his lowest snap count ever. Might that have something to do with the DEs? lol.  Also ignores the fact Houston was still top 10 in pass rush win rate, which I believe is vid analytics driven instead of subjective eye grading. 
    • That's why I think it was a wasted pick. Weak arm, poor pocket presence. If they just wanted competition, there  are FAs available on the cheap. Heck, I'd take Hoyer who took 1M last year. He'll likely end up signing somewhere for the vet min, and wouldn't have costed a draft pick. Just a prediction. Has happened every year, and will happen again every year lol. Just part of the entertainment. I like Dayo a lot, just not this year coming off an injury with other needs.   On Granson. He's a Burton clone that doesn't block as well. Just envision Burton, or a big-slot WR. Doubt we ask him to block much.    On SE. If he makes the 53, that means Eason was a bust and total waste of a pick. Due to his lack of traits, I'd be very surprised if he made the 53.  Love Paye. Really like the long term value of Dayo but less than enthused about the pick for 2021 production given other needs and injury. Doubt Granson will have a big impact this year either. Could be wrong.    The Fries pick was OK. Low risk, low expectation. IMO, will need time to develop on the PS. Flex guy, but pretty meh physical traits. 
  • Members

• Coltpwr

Coltpwr 0

Rookie
    • ColtV

ColtV 324

• cdgacoltsfan

cdgacoltsfan 680

• #12.

#12. 1,124

• C_Lew

C_Lew 4