Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: What number will Wentz wear? (merge)

chrisbeldridge

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure but I'm really getting that eerie feeling today that we're gonna be the team that gets him. We obviously get the whole Reich connection but still it's not just that. I think we want it. As much as I would probably prefer saving draft capital and rolling with Fitz and Eason, nabbing someone like Eason when they're available seems like a Ballard move to me. Draft a guy who can for sure win games now but possibly still has major upside with the right staff and players around him. I could live with it. I prefer the aforementioned option because we don't have to give up draft picks. But considering we're a playoff caliber team now, I could see why Ballard an Co may not be interested in gambling on Fitz and an unproven second year QB. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

That, plus a dead cap hit of 24,547,076 after 2021 when we release or trade him lol.

That is absolutely a concern. Although, paying QB’s millions of dollars to sit the bench or stay home, is kind of a Colts thing these days. So why not add a monster dead cap hit to the list. 

5 minutes ago, coltsva said:

That is absolutely a concern. Although, paying QB’s millions of dollars to sit the bench or stay home, is kind of a Colts thing these days. So why not add a monster dead cap hit to the list. 

Definitely the trend lol. 

42 minutes ago, chrisbeldridge said:

Michael Pittman Jr. is currently #11 and I have his jersey that I like to wear to games.  Hoping Wentz won't take #11 because I want Pittman to keep it.

None. We aren’t getting Wentz. At least I freaking hope not

8 minutes ago, coltsva said:

I feel like I'm having a premonition... Here's my fear. 

Feb2021 - Colts send a 2021 2R pick + starter, or 2021 2R + conditional 2022 SR to the Eagles for Wentz

Jan2022 - Colts miss the playoffs at 9-7. Decide to stick with Wentz. TN wins the AFCS. 

Jan2023 - Colts miss the playoffs at 8-8. Decide to stick with Wentz. Jax with Lawrence win the AFCS. TN WC.

Jan2024 - Colts miss the playoffs at 9-7. Jax again, Houston WC. Stuck with Wentz in his last year. Keep him as backup. Reich fired.

Apr2024 - Colts draft a QB in middle of the 1R. Colts hire Sirianni as HC... Rinse, repeat..... 

If we got Wentz that would be the least of my concerns.  

28 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Feb2021 - Colts send a 2021 2R pick + starter, or 2021 2R + conditional 2022 SR to the Eagles for Wentz

Jan2022 - Colts miss the playoffs at 9-7. Decide to stick with Wentz. TN wins the AFCS. 

Jan2023 - Colts miss the playoffs at 8-8. Decide to stick with Wentz. Jax with Lawrence win the AFCS. TN WC.

Jan2024 - Colts miss the playoffs at 9-7. Jax again, Houston WC. Stuck with Wentz in his last year. Keep him as backup. Reich fired.

Apr2024 - Colts draft a QB in middle of the 1R. Colts hire Sirianni as HC... Rinse, repeat..... 

I strongly believe that Reich would make Wentz a franchise QB again.  He had 2 great years 1 good year and then a bad year.  I don't believe this bad year is more indicative of his abilities than his 3 good years.  

I don't think we will get him.  But if we got him for 2 2nds or 1 2nd and a non star starter I would be pretty excited. 

7 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

If we got Wentz that would be the least of my concerns.  

I strongly believe that Reich would make Wentz a franchise QB again.  He had 2 great years 1 good year and then a bad year.  I don't believe this bad year is more indicative of his abilities than his 3 good years.  

I don't think we will get him.  But if we got him for 2 2nds or 1 2nd and a non star starter I would be pretty excited. 

IMO, he's only had one truly good year. 2017 was good QBR wise. 16 and 20 were bad. 18 and 19 mediocre.

And he's only played 2 full years. 

So we have

1. Health concerns

2. Broken-ness concerns

3. Locker room concerns

4. High contract and bad dead cap concerns

5. He wants to leave Philly after they just fired a HC for him and brought in new staff just for him, concern... 

And all that risk for one good QBR year, in which he only played 13 games.

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think its funny that many have already set the narrative of him becoming the new forum whipping boy before he's even here.  LOL.

It's a tough job, but it is mandatory that this forum always have someone to blame for all the woes in the world! Would be funny if the Colts traded for Wentz and resigned JB. Who would get the honor of being forum public enemy #1?

1 minute ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

It's a tough job, but it is mandatory that this forum always have someone to blame for all the woes in the world! Would be funny if the Colts traded for Wentz and resigned JB. Who would get the honor of being forum public enemy #1?

It would still be Frank's play calling.

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

download.jpg.15650d229904a134c688cb2232b8e50f.jpg

3 minutes ago, Aces101 said:

Even Bears fans are saying they hope their team stays far away from Wentz...that’s saying something. The Bears haven’t had a real QB for years, and they want no part of this guy.

If we get wentz 6 and 10 is what I expect 

Archived