Wentz changes a few things but not too much. Same offseason basically 

Re-Sign:

-Hilton 2 years

-Rhodes 2 years

-Odum 2 years

-Carrie 1 year

-Houston 1 year

FA Signings:

-Hunter Henry, 4 years (probably have to pay him $10 mil per but that’s fine)

-Alejandro Villanueva, 2 years

-Joe Haeg, 1 year (purely a depth signing)

Draft:

*Colts trade pick 21 to the Packers in exchange for picks 29 and 92*

Round 1 (29): Samuel Cosmi, OT Texas- Started 34/35 games at Texas and has the height and athleticism needed to play the position. Also plays with some nasty too.

Round 2 (54): Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB Syracuse- This is this years Michael Pittman for me. A guy who pretty much screams Ballard pick so much it’s hard to see him not getting drafted. He’s long 6’2” with an 80” wingspan, is the best tackler at corner in the draft, has long speed, balls skills, and great instincts. Watch the tape

Round 3 (92): Payton Turner, DE Houston- This is another easy Ballard pick. Super long, will likely test really well, high character, Senior Bowl, etc...

Round 4: Cade Johnson, WR SDSU- A new favorite of mine. His Senior Bowl tape was amazing. Very nice routes and amazing hands. Tape shows a guy who can catch in traffic and plays very physical despite being only 5’10”. He was also a team captain...Can be groomed to replace Hilton

Round 5: John Bates, TE Boise State: Will keep pounding the table for this kid. Solid but great athlete, who has outstanding character. Needs development but is good as a blocker now. Can be developed into the TE2 behind Henry.

Round 6: Jacoby Stevens, SAF LSU- Versatile safety who should do really well on STs. I think he can also play dime LB in certain situations. Will eventually replace Odum

Round 7: Adrian Ealy, OT: Need to try and develop a backup OT that is better than Clark.

I think a trade back to grab a 3rd round pick is very likely. Nice job with the draft.

As far as FA, re-signing TY has to be team friendly. He's no longer a #1, and should not be paid like it. If they can't work things out with him, I can see a FA wideout, second tier, signing with the Colts.

They have to re-sign Rhodes. Hopefully, that gets done soon.

Villaneuva? If the Colts are going OT with their first pick, they are likely to plan on him starting.  Or at least working him into the starting lineup later in the Season. A risk, but that's how the cap dictates things. Under this scenario, Villaneuva is a luxury they can't afford. 

I like Hunter Henry. 

Nice job, and thanks for doing this. 

I know I just posted a mock off-season in which I had TY re-signed with the Colts but... I've been thinking the last couple of days - I think we let TY go unless he gives us a significant discount. The reason - Wentz. Wentz seems to have significant preference for bigger receivers. Any small receiver has had hard time coming up with targets while playing with Wentz. I wonder if we let him go and instead go with a bigger X receiver in FA. This would let us have some spare money for OT or DE in FA too... 

But back on your mock... I love most of what you've done. Love Cade Johnson plus he was great at the senior bowl(Ballard pays attention to that), I love Cosmi as a long-term prospect and I love that you are getting another OT to start for this year while Cosmi develops. Overall a well balanced mock. The only thing I would change is what I mentioned above - drop TY, get someone like Corey Davis/Kenny Golladay instead... 

3 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

As the others have said you can sign Haeg and then draft Cosmi but one of those two start day 1. No need for Alejandro. 

I am curious to see where Turner gets drafted. I think he is a second rounder myself. 

I agree about Payton Turner. Sleeper who goes early Day 2. Would love to see him last to the Colts’ 2nd round choice. 

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Nice job.  My thoughts if we draft a tackle in the 1st. he will start.  I can see the trade back and drafting a tackle.  I like Haag coming back.  I think we sign a WR1 in place of Villaneuva.  And we sign Watt or another ER.  

Not 100% positive that Cosmi (or Eichenberg, Radunz, etc...) are ready to go day 1. I thought about Trent Williams on a 1 year deal but that could be pricey for just a rental. Also Haeg can’t be a replacement LT so either way you need a quality Vet in case of injury. 

4 hours ago, stitches said:

I know I just posted a mock off-season in which I had TY re-signed with the Colts but... I've been thinking the last couple of days - I think we let TY go unless he gives us a significant discount. The reason - Wentz. Wentz seems to have significant preference for bigger receivers. Any small receiver has had hard time coming up with targets while playing with Wentz. I wonder if we let him go and instead go with a bigger X receiver in FA. This would let us have some spare money for OT or DE in FA too... 

But back on your mock... I love most of what you've done. Love Cade Johnson plus he was great at the senior bowl(Ballard pays attention to that), I love Cosmi as a long-term prospect and I love that you are getting another OT to start for this year while Cosmi develops. Overall a well balanced mock. The only thing I would change is what I mentioned above - drop TY, get someone like Corey Davis/Kenny Golladay instead... 

Do you think we have room for one one those big FA receivers? 

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Not 100% positive that Cosmi (or Eichenberg, Radunz, etc...) are ready to go day 1. I thought about Trent Williams on a 1 year deal but that could be pricey for just a rental. Also Haeg can’t be a replacement LT so either way you need a quality Vet in case of injury. 

Do you think we have room for one one those big FA receivers? 

Depends on who. I think we will have money for Corey Davis. We might not have enough for someone like Allen Robinson. But again - this is a funky off-season ... I don't know what the market will look like. Maybe it gets depressed even for the big time FAs not just the mid-level guys. 

16 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Wentz changes a few things but not too much. Same offseason basically 

Re-Sign:

-Hilton 2 years

-Rhodes 2 years

-Odum 2 years

-Carrie 1 year

-Houston 1 year

FA Signings:

-Hunter Henry, 4 years (probably have to pay him $10 mil per but that’s fine)

-Alejandro Villanueva, 2 years

-Joe Haeg, 1 year (purely a depth signing)

Draft:

*Colts trade pick 21 to the Packers in exchange for picks 29 and 92*

Round 1 (29): Samuel Cosmi, OT Texas- Started 34/35 games at Texas and has the height and athleticism needed to play the position. Also plays with some nasty too.

Round 2 (54): Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB Syracuse- This is this years Michael Pittman for me. A guy who pretty much screams Ballard pick so much it’s hard to see him not getting drafted. He’s long 6’2” with an 80” wingspan, is the best tackler at corner in the draft, has long speed, balls skills, and great instincts. Watch the tape

Round 3 (92): Payton Turner, DE Houston- This is another easy Ballard pick. Super long, will likely test really well, high character, Senior Bowl, etc...

Round 4: Cade Johnson, WR SDSU- A new favorite of mine. His Senior Bowl tape was amazing. Very nice routes and amazing hands. Tape shows a guy who can catch in traffic and plays very physical despite being only 5’10”. He was also a team captain...Can be groomed to replace Hilton

Round 5: John Bates, TE Boise State: Will keep pounding the table for this kid. Solid but great athlete, who has outstanding character. Needs development but is good as a blocker now. Can be developed into the TE2 behind Henry.

Round 6: Jacoby Stevens, SAF LSU- Versatile safety who should do really well on STs. I think he can also play dime LB in certain situations. Will eventually replace Odum

Round 7: Adrian Ealy, OT: Need to try and develop a backup OT that is better than Clark.

Defjamz....

I tried to send you a message, but your mail box is closed to me. 

Do you happen to remember the thread I think you started a few weeks back that had a link to a story from I think Stampede Blue? They had a story about low level, under the radar,  offensive tackles that no one knows about.   

I can’t find it on the SB website, or here.   Can you help?   It was a good story.... 

Thanks...  

Archived