Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike tanenbaum says colts have worst qb in the division.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This coming from one if the worst GMs in the league. There's a reason he's on ESPN and not a GM.

As of today, what Tannenba said may be true.   But it doesn’t matter.   We’re not playing games today.   We’re playing games in 6 and a half months.  A lot can and will change between now and then. 

Mike knows QBs. He was the former GM of the Jets....look at all the great QBs they have had.

We don't even know what Trevor Lawrence is, but he has a point. Wentz like Tannerhill is a reclamation project and we're all hoping for similar success.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Mike said watson, tannehill,  and Lawrence  are all better than Wentz and we gave up too much to get him. He's  a former  nfl gm and said it on espn.

I guess there is a reason he is a former GM and works for ESPN. :dunno:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


As of today, what Tannenba said may be true.   But it doesn’t matter.   We’re not playing games today.   We’re playing games in 6 and a half months.  A lot can and will change between now and then. 
 

And for what it’s worth...   Tannenbaum might be one of my least favorite ESPN analysts.  Thought he was a bad GM and I think he’s a very poor analyst. 
 

MT’s background is more accounting and legal and much less scouting.   

He was a terrible GM

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fortunately, having the best QB in the division sets your team back in terms of salary cap, roster, and usually just plain diva attitude.  So I'll stick with our plan for winning football games instead of what Tanenbaum thinks it takes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s to hoping Watson isn’t even in our division by September.  
 

Also, even as a Buckeye, I’d say Urban hasn’t exactly been a QB whisperer.  If any team can ruin Lawrence’s career, it’s the Jaguars.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watson is the best in the division at the moment, but the dude might not even play. Tannehill has been good, I'll admit that. He could potentially be the best in the division depending on what happens in Houston. 

 

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Fortunately, having the best QB in the division sets your team back in terms of salary cap, roster, and usually just plain diva attitude.  So I'll stick with our plan for winning football games instead of what Tanenbaum thinks it takes.

I agree. I think I'd rather have playmakers across the board instead of just one under center. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Mike said watson, tannehill,  and Lawrence  are all better than Wentz and we gave up too much to get him. He's  a former  nfl gm and said it on espn.

Former is the key point.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

I highly doubt Watson plays for the Texans in 2021 and Tannehill is not better than Wentz sorry. Lawrence could be a problem but hey its the Jags, if we know anything here about the Jags its that they always manage to screw things up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He is entitled to his own opinion, and it's just that....his opinion.

 

A) We can call him stupid, a former GM, a bad evaluator of talent, which are all  different forms of a personal attacks (some based on his performance as a GM - so it can be fair ground).

 

Or - 

 

B) We can understand that it's really up to the Colts and Wentz to prove him wrong.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

He is entitled to his own opinion, and it's just that....his opinion.

 

A) We can call him stupid, a former GM, a bad evaluator of talent, which are all  different forms of a personal attacks (some based on his performance as a GM - so it can be fair ground).

 

Or - 

 

B) We can understand that it's really up to the Colts and Wentz to prove him wrong.

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

giphy.gif

We CAN have both, but should we?

 

I personally would rather address a person's arguments rather than attack the person themselves.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now, our trade is based on potential and optimism, so hot takes that see the glass half empty have just as much right as we do with our subjective optimism. However, I don't think a rookie QB with the Jaguars could have separated himself from Wentz before playing an NFL down but hey, what do I know? :dunno:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Right now, our trade is based on potential and optimism, so hot takes that see the glass half empty have just as much right as we do with our subjective optimism. However, I don't think a rookie QB with the Jaguars could have separated himself from Wentz before playing an NFL down but hey, what do I know? :dunno:

feminism GIF

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

The guy could be right but I have no idea who he is so I don’t care.

He once ran the Jets

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

We CAN have both, but should we?

 

I personally would rather address a person's arguments rather than attack the person themselves.

 

I don't think that acknowledging his track record equates to attacking him. I think it's relevant. 

 

His comment was overblown and sensational, and it's sparked a sensational response.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

My two cents...

 

I am lukewarm on Wentz but this is low risk, high reward move by the Colts.  If he regains any of his lost form, it will be a home run and likely make the Colts contenders for the immediate future.  On top of that, it was cool last week to see the enthusiasm on a national scale for the Colts.  We had not seen that in some time.

 

But I also think the narrative got skewed a bit because the common theme was the Colts roster is ready to win now and that both their O'line and defense were top notch and ready to win now.  I am just not sure that is the reality.  The holes on the roster are well documented in this forum including LT.  The defense was no where near high end the last 6-7 games of the season.  

 

And Tannebaum's comments are not that far out there.  Based on what is on tape from just 3 months ago, I would say he is spot on.  Does not mean anything now but let's not immediately dismiss the opinion as clueless because it is anything but.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

I don't think that acknowledging his track record equates to attacking him. I think it's relevant. 

 

His comment was overblown and sensational, and it's sparked a sensational response.

Will Smith Applause GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok... Did he prefer us to re-sign Brissett or have Eason start? I think we did the best we could with our current situation. Watson is on his way out, Lawrence is an unknown, and Tannehill was once a gamble QB for the Titans as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Superman said:

 

I don't think that acknowledging his track record equates to attacking him. I think it's relevant. 

 

His comment was overblown and sensational, and it's sparked a sensational response.

Acknowledging his track record is "fair grounds" as I mentioned. But logically, it's possible that he can be wrong about everything in life, but still be right about this one topic. So, it makes more sense to address the argument, IMO. And, as I've mentioned, we really can't do anything about it. It's up to the Colts and Wentz to prove him wrong.

 

Also, I don't think his opinion is sensational. Tannehill and Watson are playing well in the span of time that Wentz hasn't been. And we've seen with Luck that a highly touted college QB can become one of the better QBs in the division within the first year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not offended. Watson is elite, Lawrence is the best QB prospect in a generation, and Tannehill has finally lived up to his draft status as a first rounder with Tennessee. Our guy was just traded away because he played like hot garbage last year.
 

Still, that’s where we are now but the offseason hasn’t even begun yet. Let’s see where we are this time next year when Watson appears to be completely tapped out in Houston and Lawrence has yet to be drafted let alone show up to a mini camp for perennial punching bag Jacksonville. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

I am not offended. Watson is elite, Lawrence is the best QB prospect in a generation, and Tannehill has finally lived up to his draft status as a first rounder with Tennessee. Our guy was just traded away because he played like hot garbage last year.
 

Still, that’s where we are now but the offseason hasn’t even begun yet. Let’s see where we are this time next year when Watson appears to be completely tapped out in Houston and Lawrence has yet to be drafted let alone show up to a mini camp for perennial punching bag Jacksonville. 

I don’t have a problem with what was said but the timing 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • This is the upside of drafting and maintaining a high character team.   The players and Ballard an Reich have come to an agreement  that satisfies both sides.    Win-win.   The roughly 10 teams who have opted OUT of OTA’s because of a lack of an agreement between management and players likely wish they could trade places with the Colts.      We have leaders not followers.   We are trying to protect all the players not just veterans.  When you opt out of practice the guys hurt the most are the young players trying for a roster spot.  Injured players who are trying to reclaim their previous form.    Today, it’s good to be a Colts fan.   Our organization sees the Big Picture.   Hopefully this leads to better days ahead. 
    • Only part of our schedule that is consider easier is based on Jags and Texans (4 games) and the Jets. As such that knock our SoS. But if you look at the majority of our schedule most of the teams we are to face are 10 win teams last year, or expected to be in contention for Playoff (Raiders, Cards, 49ers). That is pretty much why
    • Not really, much, I think the dude swung like a little ____. Willie Mays Hayes has a better swing. But I think people that do that crap are incredibly stupid and have SDE, I over here never been in a fight, but that is because I am bigger than a lot of people, and have enough swing to break a jaw easily if I ever needed to.  I think the dude should be banned from all Major League parks
    • The Colts do play 6 of the top 9 ranked teams as it stands today.   
    • Favorite - Hooker, Q, Leonard, Pittman, Campbell. Agree with @Supermanthat Hooker had the chance to be special but his career got derailed by injuries. I still feel like if he gets in the right situation and scheme he can be very good and revive his career. Loved Q(my best player in that draft), loved Leonard(compared to others)... I had him as an early second and he was picked early second, but compared to other people not liking the pick I was pretty high on Leonard. Loved both Pittman and Campbell picks, lets see if they make me look foolish. Loved Hines... loved the Tell pick especially when I learned we were going to try to switch him to CB.    Least favorite - didn't love Braden Smith's pick(had him ranked as a 3d rounder, we picked him early second). Didn't love Tyquan Lewis pick... massive reach. Didn't love Khari Willis pick. Thought both Rock and Banogu were reaches, but not huge ones. Zach Banner was a horrible pick I thought. 
  • Members

    • Zoltan

      Zoltan 761

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Flash7

      Flash7 1,142

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • twfish

      twfish 1,146

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • brently76

      brently76 19

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 7,264

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PuntersArePeopleToo

      PuntersArePeopleToo 1,105

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 9,821

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 8,724

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ReMeDy

      ReMeDy 444

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • gspdx

      gspdx 641

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...