Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike tanenbaum says colts have worst qb in the division.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This coming from one if the worst GMs in the league. There's a reason he's on ESPN and not a GM.

As of today, what Tannenba said may be true.   But it doesn’t matter.   We’re not playing games today.   We’re playing games in 6 and a half months.  A lot can and will change between now and then. 

Mike knows QBs. He was the former GM of the Jets....look at all the great QBs they have had.

We don't even know what Trevor Lawrence is, but he has a point. Wentz like Tannerhill is a reclamation project and we're all hoping for similar success.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Mike said watson, tannehill,  and Lawrence  are all better than Wentz and we gave up too much to get him. He's  a former  nfl gm and said it on espn.

I guess there is a reason he is a former GM and works for ESPN. :dunno:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

As of today, what Tannenba said may be true.   But it doesn’t matter.   We’re not playing games today.   We’re playing games in 6 and a half months.  A lot can and will change between now and then. 

And for what it’s worth...   Tannenbaum might be one of my least favorite ESPN analysts.  Thought he was a bad GM and I think he’s a very poor analyst. 

MT’s background is more accounting and legal and much less scouting.   

He was a terrible GM

Fortunately, having the best QB in the division sets your team back in terms of salary cap, roster, and usually just plain diva attitude.  So I'll stick with our plan for winning football games instead of what Tanenbaum thinks it takes.

• Like 1

Here’s to hoping Watson isn’t even in our division by September.  

Also, even as a Buckeye, I’d say Urban hasn’t exactly been a QB whisperer.  If any team can ruin Lawrence’s career, it’s the Jaguars.  

• Like 1

Watson is the best in the division at the moment, but the dude might not even play. Tannehill has been good, I'll admit that. He could potentially be the best in the division depending on what happens in Houston. 

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Fortunately, having the best QB in the division sets your team back in terms of salary cap, roster, and usually just plain diva attitude.  So I'll stick with our plan for winning football games instead of what Tanenbaum thinks it takes.

I agree. I think I'd rather have playmakers across the board instead of just one under center. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Mike said watson, tannehill,  and Lawrence  are all better than Wentz and we gave up too much to get him. He's  a former  nfl gm and said it on espn.

Former is the key point.   

I highly doubt Watson plays for the Texans in 2021 and Tannehill is not better than Wentz sorry. Lawrence could be a problem but hey its the Jags, if we know anything here about the Jags its that they always manage to screw things up.

He is entitled to his own opinion, and it's just that....his opinion.

A) We can call him stupid, a former GM, a bad evaluator of talent, which are all  different forms of a personal attacks (some based on his performance as a GM - so it can be fair ground).

Or - 

B) We can understand that it's really up to the Colts and Wentz to prove him wrong.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

He is entitled to his own opinion, and it's just that....his opinion.

A) We can call him stupid, a former GM, a bad evaluator of talent, which are all  different forms of a personal attacks (some based on his performance as a GM - so it can be fair ground).

Or - 

B) We can understand that it's really up to the Colts and Wentz to prove him wrong.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Superman said:

giphy.gif

We CAN have both, but should we?

I personally would rather address a person's arguments rather than attack the person themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right now, our trade is based on potential and optimism, so hot takes that see the glass half empty have just as much right as we do with our subjective optimism. However, I don't think a rookie QB with the Jaguars could have separated himself from Wentz before playing an NFL down but hey, what do I know? :dunno:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Right now, our trade is based on potential and optimism, so hot takes that see the glass half empty have just as much right as we do with our subjective optimism. However, I don't think a rookie QB with the Jaguars could have separated himself from Wentz before playing an NFL down but hey, what do I know? :dunno:

feminism GIF

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

The guy could be right but I have no idea who he is so I don’t care.

He once ran the Jets

5 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

We CAN have both, but should we?

I personally would rather address a person's arguments rather than attack the person themselves.

I don't think that acknowledging his track record equates to attacking him. I think it's relevant. 

His comment was overblown and sensational, and it's sparked a sensational response.

• Like 2

My two cents...

I am lukewarm on Wentz but this is low risk, high reward move by the Colts.  If he regains any of his lost form, it will be a home run and likely make the Colts contenders for the immediate future.  On top of that, it was cool last week to see the enthusiasm on a national scale for the Colts.  We had not seen that in some time.

But I also think the narrative got skewed a bit because the common theme was the Colts roster is ready to win now and that both their O'line and defense were top notch and ready to win now.  I am just not sure that is the reality.  The holes on the roster are well documented in this forum including LT.  The defense was no where near high end the last 6-7 games of the season.  

And Tannebaum's comments are not that far out there.  Based on what is on tape from just 3 months ago, I would say he is spot on.  Does not mean anything now but let's not immediately dismiss the opinion as clueless because it is anything but.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't think that acknowledging his track record equates to attacking him. I think it's relevant. 

His comment was overblown and sensational, and it's sparked a sensational response.

Will Smith Applause GIF

Ok... Did he prefer us to re-sign Brissett or have Eason start? I think we did the best we could with our current situation. Watson is on his way out, Lawrence is an unknown, and Tannehill was once a gamble QB for the Titans as well.

Just now, Superman said:

Acknowledging his track record is "fair grounds" as I mentioned. But logically, it's possible that he can be wrong about everything in life, but still be right about this one topic. So, it makes more sense to address the argument, IMO. And, as I've mentioned, we really can't do anything about it. It's up to the Colts and Wentz to prove him wrong.

Also, I don't think his opinion is sensational. Tannehill and Watson are playing well in the span of time that Wentz hasn't been. And we've seen with Luck that a highly touted college QB can become one of the better QBs in the division within the first year.

I am not offended. Watson is elite, Lawrence is the best QB prospect in a generation, and Tannehill has finally lived up to his draft status as a first rounder with Tennessee. Our guy was just traded away because he played like hot garbage last year.

Still, that’s where we are now but the offseason hasn’t even begun yet. Let’s see where we are this time next year when Watson appears to be completely tapped out in Houston and Lawrence has yet to be drafted let alone show up to a mini camp for perennial punching bag Jacksonville. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

I am not offended. Watson is elite, Lawrence is the best QB prospect in a generation, and Tannehill has finally lived up to his draft status as a first rounder with Tennessee. Our guy was just traded away because he played like hot garbage last year.

Still, that’s where we are now but the offseason hasn’t even begun yet. Let’s see where we are this time next year when Watson appears to be completely tapped out in Houston and Lawrence has yet to be drafted let alone show up to a mini camp for perennial punching bag Jacksonville. 

I don’t have a problem with what was said but the timing