Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict the 2021 Starting OL

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your list is good.  Personally I’d sub out Cosmi for Eichenberg.   He’d be my preference after Darrisaw who I don’t think will make it to 21. 

I think Ballard trades down to either the bottom of the 1st or the top of 2nd and takes Liam Eichenberg 

34 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I think Ballard trades down to either the bottom of the 1st or the top of 2nd and takes Liam Eichenberg 

It’s not even March.   The draft is in more than 2 months.   I don’t know why you’d have us pegged with one specific player at this point? Is there an article somewhere that links us to Eichenberg already?   If so, I haven’t seen it.

Anything you can link? 

10 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

Plan A 

LT: Trent Williams 

LG: Big Q 

C: Kellz

RG: Glow 

RT: Braden

Plan B 

LT: Sam Cosmi 

LG: Big Q

C: Kellz

RT: Braden 

I like plan B!

Darrisaw is my HOPE, but Cosmi appears to be a good candidate as well to start day 1.

Trent Williams will want enormous $$

How much money can the team invest in the OL? 50-60% of Cap?

(Q and Smith will want to get paid big $$ in the next 12-24 months)

We need a rookie LT with the rookie contract.... this draft would appear to be the one that you grab a starting LT.

8 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

There are several options you could go in the draft.

Draft a LT

Or

Draft a LG Trey Smith or LG Ben Cleveland and slide Big Q out to LT. We are going to pay him Tackle money to extend him......may as well slot him there!

Just a thought....

I like option 1

Is Q a HOF guard, and a pro bowl LT?

I would rather have Q be the HOF player

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rookie LT, Nelson LG, Kelly C, Glow RG, Smith RT. A rookie LT won't be the end of the world as long as he is average (doesn't stink as in bust). We have Nelson over on that side is why.  

^ this... I have no idea who they will pick in the draft but IMO this is the most likely scenario. Whoever the OT they prefer in the draft in the first is likely who will be the LT for us next year. Unless he's really bad in camp and they can't trust him. I think this OL is about to become super expensive and the most likely scenario is we try to address OT in the draft to keep the bill on that group in check. 

On 2/22/2021 at 12:20 AM, NewColtsFan said:

It’s not even March.   The draft is in more than 2 months.   I don’t know why you’d have us pegged with one specific player at this point? Is there an article somewhere that links us to Eichenberg already?   If so, I haven’t seen it.

Anything you can link? 

I beleive he would be a good choice because of him coming from the Irish, draft profiles say his play style is alot like Big Q. Having been taught thru college the same skills and movements, i would think him and Q would gel fairly easy and give some firm starting ground to build on. Not to mention his measurements are comparable to AC. Just my thoughts tho

On 2/21/2021 at 10:31 PM, danlhart87 said:

LT Eichenberg 

LG Nelson 

OC Kelly

RG Glowinski 

RT Smith

I like Liam at the top option, as a later round for depth i also like Walker Little. He was a projected first rounder in 2019, had an injury that cut short his 19 season and opted out for covid in 20. He has spent the entire 2020 getting his body in pro shape for the draft. Hes a big OT

2 hours ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

I like Liam at the top option, as a later round for depth i also like Walker Little. He was a projected first rounder in 2019, had an injury that cut short his 19 season and opted out for covid in 20. He has spent the entire 2020 getting his body in pro shape for the draft. Hes a big OT

Notre Dame OL have pretty successful in NFL last 5+ years.

Plus Eich wears 74 already lol

32 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Notre Dame OL have pretty successful in NFL last 5+ years.

Plus Eich wears 74 already lol

I hope theres a chance to grab walker little as depth too, just read an article talking about when he went to Stanford he was the first true freshman OT to start day 1  in 17 years. If his knee is good he would be a great backup for tackle on either side, some say he could play guard as well with his skill set

On 2/22/2021 at 12:25 AM, Hoose said:

LT: Nelson

LG: Pinter

C: Kelly

RT: Smith

What Ive long felt is the best option. Q is a natural LT always played there until N.Dame needed him at Guard. 

My only other preferred option is sliding Smith to LG which many feel he is a better fit for Guard than Tackle due to shorter arms and having him and Q for the best side of any line in many years.

LT-Nelson

LG-Smith

C-Kelly

RG-Glow

RT-Holden

With Pinter backing up interior ,draft a RT round 2/3 which is much easier then LT and let him  and O'Donnell backup Holden until the time comes to insert.  Allows you to draft Edge rusher or top corner round 1 and free agent signing for the other. 

If we're lucky:

LT Eichenberg  |  LG Nelson  |  OC Kelly  |  RG Glowinski  |  RT Smith

*RG would be the position I would also look to solidify or upgrade.  That's hard for me to say because I'm a WVU Mountaineer fan and LOVE Glowinski.  He's simply the weakest link.

8 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

What Ive long felt is the best option. Q is a natural LT always played there until N.Dame needed him at Guard. 

My only other preferred option is sliding Smith to LG which many feel he is a better fit for Guard than Tackle due to shorter arms and having him and Q for the best side of any line in many years.

LT-Nelson

LG-Smith

C-Kelly

RG-Glow

RT-Holden

With Pinter backing up interior ,draft a RT round 2/3 which is much easier then LT and let him  and O'Donnell backup Holden until the time comes to insert.  Allows you to draft Edge rusher or top corner round 1 and free agent signing for the other. 

Keep Smith at RT

No sense in weakening right side 

Archived