Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pick your 5 receiver lineup for Colts 2021....


Recommended Posts

Mine are as follows:

 

Pittman, Campbell, Pascal, John Brown (Bills cap casualty) , and Nelson Agholor (FA)

 

I would love to have Robinson, Golliday, Smith-Schuster, or Godwin but I don't see it......

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

TY, Campbell, Pittman, Pascal, Harris.  And Ertz and Doyle at TE.  If they can all do what they are supposed to do, we have some speed, some size, some possession, and some break away YAC.  And I think all have good hands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Robinson via Free agency on a reasonable 2 yr deal, TY Hilton on a friendly 2 yr deal, Pittman, Pascal, Campbell. 

Robinson?   The Bears free agent!   That Robinson?    Or am I mixing him up with someone else? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes the Bears Robinson. 

Ok...   I didn’t want to jump to conclusions.

 

The problem there is this is free agency, and the top guys, and Robinson is one of them, they sign long deals for crazy money.   They don’t do short, reasonable deals. 
 

The low end for Robinson is likely around 4/60, $15m per...   and it could easily get to 5 years and more dollars per.    
 

This is why Ballard typically stays away from the big money free agents.   Those deals get insane!  
 

I know there may be more shorter reasonable deals this year than ever before due to the lower salary cap, but it’s not expected to hit the top guys as hard.   More so the middle class guys.   They’ll take a big hair cut. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ok...   I didn’t want to jump to conclusions.

 

The problem there is this is free agency, and the top guys, and Robinson is one of them, they sign long deals for crazy money.   They don’t do short, reasonable deals. 
 

The low end for Robinson is likely around 4/60, $15m per...   and it could easily get to 5 years and more dollars per.    
 

This is why Ballard typically stays away from the big money free agents.   Those deals get insane!  
 

I know there may be more shorter reasonable deals this year than ever before due to the lower salary cap, but it’s not expected to hit the top guys as hard.   More so the middle class guys.   They’ll take a big hair cut. 

Yeah I just mentioned him because he would be great here IMO but getting a reasonable deal done will be tough. To get great players we have to spend, not Ballard's style but who knows. An upgrade like that at WR would help Wentz bigtime, I guess I can dream :thmup: 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I just mentioned him because he would be great here IMO but getting a reasonable deal done will be tough. To get great players we have to spend, not Ballard's style but who knows. An upgrade like that at WR would help Wentz bigtime, I guess I can dream :thmup: 

I would love to grab Robinson but that would leave TY out. I doubt he spends nearly 30 mil just for two WR’s this year. Reasonable for him this year will probably be 16 or 17 mil per year. But you are giving Wentz solid hands and a 100 reception guy. Let Pittman learn from him and have great big body receivers. I dream of that for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who think the Bears are not going to tag Allen Robinson are fooling themselves.  They can use the transition tag on Robinson, therefore, an offer can't be matched with another team. If Ballard signs Allen Robinson TY is gone. I prefer us to go on a different route possibly Curtis Samuel. Samuel is just 24 years old and seems to be getting better every year. Samuel is very versatile, you can line him up in the backfield, in the slot, or the outside. Very dynamic. 

 

 

TY, Pittman, Samuel, Campbell, and Nico Collins (via draft).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

Anyone who think the Bears are not going to tag Allen Robinson are fooling themselves.  They can use the transition tag on Robinson, therefore, an offer can't be matched with another team. If Ballard signs Allen Robinson TY is gone. I prefer us to go on a different route possibly Curtis Samuel. Samuel is just 24 years old and seems to be getting better every year. Samuel is very versatile, you can line him up in the backfield, in the slot, or the outside. Very dynamic. 

 

 

TY, Pittman, Samuel, Campbell, and Nico Collins (via draft).

According to over the cap https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/  The Bears are currently 5 million OVER the cap.  Will be hard to pay Robinson for what the market will demand.  If they keep him they will need to make a lot of quality cuts from the roster.

 

We shall see.....

 

Joseph

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pittman 

pascal

paris

Dulin

josh Reynolds - I think this is the free agent Ballard goes after. Under used due to players ahead of him but ready to break out and in his prime while costing low dollars in free agency 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW A fan asked Albert Breer in his MMQB column today who he thought would be a good FA WR for the Colts to bring in since the Wentz trade?   He answered Nelson Agholor.  Citing Agholor had his best years with Wentz at Philadelphia and he's only 28. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not very realistic but if Kyle Pitts falls for some reason... 

 

WRs: Corey Davis, Michael Pittman Jr, Parris Campbell, Zach Pascal, Jaelon Darden(from the draft)

TEs: Kyle Pitts(unrealistic) or Tre McKitty/Brevin Jordan(more realistic), Mo Alie-Cox, Doyle

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports that the Texans are not planning on tagging Will Fuller.

 

 

Hard to know what his market will be. Probably $12-14m per year I’d say. That said, I think the Colts should definitely be looking into him. He is the perfect deep threat WR to go with Pittman at X and Parris in the slot. He would have had a 1,000+ yard season if it weren’t for his suspension last year.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Always loved Fuller. Mostly for fantasy reasons. But he had a great rapport with Watson. Not sure Ballard would be in on that value and with his injury/recent history.
I do see an Agholor/Tyrell Williams type signing. Similar to what they thought they were getting with Funchess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pittman, Pascal, Campbell, Patmon, Will Fuller ( more affordable FA than the other top guys). I expect they’ll carry 6, FWIW, and that guy will either be Dulin or Harris. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of these WR Projections would give us a very potential pedestrian WR group.

 

Pittman looks good but I really wouldn't want him to be our #1. I don't think he'll be on the same level as the league's elite receivers. 

 

Assuming we resign him,

Can we depend on TY staying healthy and play at a High level most of season like he did earlier in his career? 

Though he's still probably my favorite player, I fear his best days are in his past. 

 

Campbell and TY are wildcards, we really don't  know what we will get from them.

 

That's why I think we need to acquire a playmaking #1 (draft,trade, or FA) WR and a TE that's a offensive weapon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Most of these WR Projections would give us a very potential pedestrian WR group.

 

Pittman looks good but I really wouldn't want him to be our #1. I don't think he'll be on the same level as the league's elite receivers. 

 

Assuming we resign him,

Can we depend on TY staying healthy and play at a High level most of season like he did earlier in his career? 

Though he's still probably my favorite player, I fear his best days are in his past. 

 

Campbell and TY are wildcards, we really don't  know what we will get from them.

 

That's why I think we need to acquire a playmaking #1 (draft,trade, or FA) WR and a TE that's a offensive weapon.

i could not agree more, we dont have anyone that they need to double cover

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2021 at 9:38 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Ok...   I didn’t want to jump to conclusions.

 

The problem there is this is free agency, and the top guys, and Robinson is one of them, they sign long deals for crazy money.   They don’t do short, reasonable deals. 
 

The low end for Robinson is likely around 4/60, $15m per...   and it could easily get to 5 years and more dollars per.    
 

This is why Ballard typically stays away from the big money free agents.   Those deals get insane!  
 

I know there may be more shorter reasonable deals this year than ever before due to the lower salary cap, but it’s not expected to hit the top guys as hard.   More so the middle class guys.   They’ll take a big hair cut. 

 

 

Buckner was a first and $21m/year. The strategy has changed. If Ballard sees someone as worth it he'll be aggressive to a point. And with not many people having cap space it might be the year for a FA splash. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DEFENSE said:

not sure campbell can stand the nfl contact, much like hooker, their bodies cant stand the contact

I agree. Campbell  has been getting  injured  without  contact as well which is why I'd go wr in the first or second and bring in a free agent

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Stephen said:

I agree. Campbell  has been getting  injured  without  contact as well which is why I'd go wr in the first or second and bring in a free agent

Id just bring in Agholor or Samuel then if you want anybody in draft get them in 4th or later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Stephen said:

I agree. Campbell  has been getting  injured  without  contact as well which is why I'd go wr in the first or second and bring in a free agent

Without contact?

 

I don’t think that’s true.   His knee injury this year was a helmet to his knee while his foot was planted.   He had 3-4 injuries his rookie year, I think only the foot injury was non contact.  
 

Campbell had no significant injuries in college.  Think he played 38-39 games in three years.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Without contact?

 

I don’t think that’s true.   His knee injury this year was a helmet to his knee while his foot was planted.   He had 3-4 injuries his rookie year, I think only the foot injury was non contact.  
 

Campbell had no significant injuries in college.  Think he played 38-39 games in three years.  

He has been Anthony Gonzales  so far

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...