Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Backup QB?

cdgacoltsfan

1 minute ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Yeah I agree Ballard will know what to do.  I really doubt he would risk rolling with Eason just to save money. I guess I’m just ready for some of these drafted players to step up and become average starters or key backups.  This roster is going to get too heavy and we need guys on rookie contracts playing quality football to fill out the roster. It’s coming and I bet this will be a killer team in 2-3 years and push for a conference championship game.  I just want it now lol. 

I’m with you.   And I might be the most patient fan here.   I haven’t given up on any of our disappointments yet.    I always think if Ballard and Reich are still good with them, then I am too.

That said, I also want to get more bang out of our buck from guys like Turay, Lewis, Benagu, and Muhammad.    I want more from Ya-Sin and Okereke.    I want more from Campbell and other receivers.  And I’m hot to see Year 2 of Jacob Eason.   I looked again at his Washington tape and goodness gracious his highlights can be scary great!   What an arm he has?!   Amazing!

If those guys develop and the NFL game slows down for them, goodness, that would help enormously!  

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m with you.   And I might be the most patient fan here.   I haven’t given up on any of our disappointments yet.    I always think if Ballard and Reich are still good with them, then I am too.

That said, I also want to get more bang out of our buck from guys like Turay, Lewis, Benagu, and Muhammad.    I want more from Ya-Sin and Okereke.    I want more from Campbell and other receivers.  And I’m hot to see Year 2 of Jacob Eason.   I looked again at his Washington tape and goodness gracious his highlights can be scary great!   What an arm he has?!   Amazing!

If those guys develop and the NFL game slows down for them, goodness, that would help enormously!  

You knocked it out of the park and named the exact players I was thinking of. One of the DL and Rock need to start playing as average starters.  I think Okereke does play a fair amount and I would have to check and see how his performance was last year before I can say.  We don’t need them to be stars but they need to be capable starters. 

On 2/20/2021 at 7:15 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I hope it's Eason.    I hope with the start of the new year we are testing him in zoom meetings on what he knows and doesn't know.   How much has he learned.   Can he audible audible out of a bad play and into a good one depending on what the defense shows?     We have to learn this ASAP.

Otherwise, if it's not JE,  then I'm interested in all of the usual suspects, including Brissett.   Or Fitzpatrick, or Smith,  or Taylor.   All the usual suspects.    Well...   my exception would be Hoyer.   I think we don't want to go there again.

I agree with you I want it to be Eason. I've had high hopes for him and just wonder what's going to happen to him if both Weitz and Eason look great nest season. I mean Weitz is 28 and could possibly be our QB for ten or more years so where does that leave Eason if he looks great in the preseason and beyond.

On 2/28/2021 at 2:18 AM, Mackrel829 said:

Well if we keep 3 QBs then whoever is better in camp/training can be the back up.

I agree!

Archived